DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Re: ServiiDroid (Android Console) - Get it on Google Play

Just installed the beta 1 over Pre v2
ServiiDB search seems slower?
Got a few crash reports, when its searching and you pick an item, it crashes

Confimed: reverted back to Pre v2 and serviidb search is near instant
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 pm

I had left it on the dev version of ServiiDB's API so I could play witht he new plugin data, no idea why it is slower, I've switched it back. Crash should be fixed now as well.

I've re-uploaded it so try again as well as testing the different settings etc...
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:40 pm

Working fine again.
Definitely think more support for ServiiDB as its my most used feature for the app
Are you also be able to add item description too?

tvdb support will be awesome, nearlly all tv shows in http://www.serviidb.com/plugin-api-name/cbscom should be in tvdb
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:03 pm

@Xmantium and others interested in ServiiDB intergration, here is a preview of some of the new ServiiDB stuff

It is still very much unfinished, but I wanted to give you a chance for input before I work on implementing all the different layouts.

Data is loaded at once (it is loaded when you start the app for now, final version it will be loaded when you open up the ServiiDB stuff).
You start off with a grid of plugins, you can then view sources by plugin. In this view I plan to add plugin details in addition to the list of sourcs.
For the plugin grid itself, I will show the number of sources, and an indicator if there is an update available.
You can also swipe left/right to go to sources broken down by type e.g. videos.
I may also add swipe to see them broken down by region.

Note, splitscreen tablet stuff is not implemented at the moment. On phones, when you are viewing source details you will also be able to swipe left/right between sources.You will also need to view Serviio's Online plugins once before it will match against your current plugins. In later versions I will link and cross reference from Online plugins, to serviidb plugins.

Things I want feedback on in particular:
Do we need search anymore, or would a nice scroll effect where it shows you A,B,C etc to help you find the source.
What dimensions would be useful to have from breaking down data, (currently it is plugin and media type, could have region, anything else?)
Any thoughts etc on what is there, and what I have suggested.
Last edited by will on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 pm

WOW!!!

It looks flipping awesome!! Exactly how I imagined it.
Thanks Will and thank you Mark/Moltra for the this joint collaboration.

Edit: After playing around, would like
1. on the list of items from plugin grid, rather than having plugin name next to it, defo best to have XX installs
The user already knows what plugin they chosen, would be easy to identify the popular choices from the list of items
2. Would like to see the description of show. Most cbs shows I've carefully from different sources put description of show

It maybe be difficult the manage the full list of video items in a few months time. HULU alone has 300+ shows that I've yet to put in. I'm going through each plugin one by one. I can see the database to have thousands of items. Search will be best option.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 pm

So far I have just reused existing code and layouts so yes the rows and details will all change.

Ok, I'll look to rebuild search into it.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 pm

I have also contacted SHOUTcast about getting access to their API so I can easily add all the feeds they have . I am guessing a couple hundred audio feeds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Beta 2 is now ready https://bitbucket.org/willlunniss/servi ... -Beta2.apk, this has a number of improvements/fixes to ServiiDB intergration. However, I still need display some details about a plugin, connect up the lists properly after navigating around and moving back, and I need to add back search, some of those points might be done in time else it will be in the next version as I want this released by the time Serviio 1.2 is live.

I've added back the split screen view, but only on tablets under landscape. I could add it back to large tablets under portrait if wanted, although its a bit squished.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Excellent improvements!!! Im selling my Galaxy S3 tonight as making way for the upcoming S4 or maybe the new HTC ONE.
Future test will be on my tablet and my HD2 Windows Phone dual booted to Android

On starting up ServiiDB, i did get "Failed to connect" message, on the third attempt it viewed everything fine, maybe a "Try again" button
Edit: closed app, again on the third time i accessed ServiiDB

- I like the Popular list but dont think HD list is necessary (some items are SD but user put HD)
Search would be nice have instead of HD list
- Noticed ABC is listed twice and Shoutcast is listed in Other too
- On the Video list, can you change the api-name to serviidb plugin name, some plugin devs add some extra words on api name like PluginNameRSSFeed, plugin name is cleaner like you are using in the Plugin grid

Love to see Installed Plugins on the main page after Online Sources
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Xmantium wrote:On starting up ServiiDB, i did get "Failed to connect" message, on the third attempt it viewed everything fine, maybe a "Try again" button
Edit: closed app, again on the third time i accessed ServiiDB

I've been having odd problems like that, though it was my bad connection though. Its due to the site taking more than 10 seconds to return any data.

- I like the Popular list but dont think HD list is necessary (some items are SD but user put HD)
Search would be nice have instead of HD list

Well it doesn't hurt as this model of swipable views is perfect for lots of different breakdowns. If the content is marked incorectly on the db it should be fixed :)

Search will come, I just need to think of the best way of performing it based on the view.

- Noticed ABC is listed twice and Shoutcast is listed in Other too
- On the Video list, can you change the api-name to serviidb plugin name, some plugin devs add some extra words on api name like PluginNameRSSFeed, plugin name is cleaner like you are using in the Plugin grid

Thats down to the API, i've asked moltra to fix it. Same with the api name, the site has switched to returning the API name instead of the friendly name, once its fixed on the site I'll switch the matching rule back in the app.

Having said that, some of the plugin api names need updating, eg iPlayer.

Love to see Installed Plugins on the main page after Online Sources

Maybe in the future.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Other request is items description, alot items i added have description, nice to see this too.
Can you also put "Other" plugins at the bottom, like the way you prioritized TV On Demand Plugins ;)

More plugins and content will be added soon, need to clean up those database mistakes.

Again loving ServiiDB intergration, real joy to use!
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Description isn't part of the api yet, once moltra enables it, it will show up in the app.

At the moment it is sorting based on number of Plugins per category, but yes I can shove it down the bottom.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Actually once the duplicate Shoutcast and Turbo TV plugins are removed the Others category will only have one item and will therefore get put at the bottom so I'll leave it for now.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Just properly used it on my tablet, its looks so much cooler!!
The apiname and pluginname is not much of an issue

I still get the connect failure and always works on the third or forth go. Maybe include a "Retry" button too rather than user going back and retrying.
What about it loads the plugin grids/icons first, and then if the user goes into the plugin it loads on the fly, rather than the whole serviidb content
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm still trying to work out what is wrong with the site. When it works it loads in < 1 second, but not sure why it times out so often. So I want to fix / workaround it rather than having a retry button as it shouldn't be needed.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 pm

will wrote:When it works it loads in < 1 second

Thats what happens on my tests, so the failed connections its not caching serviidb?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:03 am

Xmantium wrote:

Thats what happens on my tests, so the failed connections its not caching serviidb?

No, not on the client side, it may be something with the new CDN that moltra has setup. The app is effectively doing: are online plugins loaded, if not load them, are plugins from ServiiDB loaded, if not load them, (up to now almost always works), then are media items loaded, if not load them, and this point it often times out. It may be similar to the /devapi being very slow sometimes.

Edit: definately appears to be a problem with serviidb.com. Just got the timeout in the app, then tried on the site from my desktop and it times out when accessing http://serviidb.com/api/media.json but not anything else (plugins and the main site work).
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:05 pm

I've just uploaded ServiiDroid 2.0 to Google Play, enjoy!

Code:
==== 2.0 ====
*Added support for Serviio 1.2
*Improved start up time by not loading settings related data until needed
*New ServiiDB intergration including the ability to browse content by plugin
*Improved how presentation data is displayed on large tablets in landsacpe
*Minor bug fixes and improvements
*Updated libraries
*Updated translations
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 pm

will wrote:
Xmantium wrote:

No, not on the client side, it may be something with the new CDN that moltra has setup. The app is effectively doing: are online plugins loaded, if not load them, are plugins from ServiiDB loaded, if not load them, (up to now almost always works), then are media items loaded, if not load them, and this point it often times out. It may be similar to the /devapi being very slow sometimes.

Edit: definately appears to be a problem with serviidb.com. Just got the timeout in the app, then tried on the site from my desktop and it times out when accessing http://serviidb.com/api/media.json but not anything else (plugins and the main site work).

I will enable caching of the API responses, it will cache just like a web page would with all parameters intact. I also made a couple of changes to the mysql config. I will change them back, I noticed yesterday that I was starting to get a couple of slow queries for some reason, just had not figured out which ones yet.

I am also going to try a couple of things that might make mysql respond faster for the API. I will also setup a script that will let me know when the api response times start getting too high.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 pm

will wrote:I've just uploaded ServiiDroid 2.0 to Google Play, enjoy!

Masive update!
Im now running JB on a HTC HD2, resolution is not the best at 480x800 px

It displays the icons one at a time - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ha0ffhwyb0h1 ... -57-45.png
please can you display 2 per row
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration