FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Online resource repository

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Online resource repository

Adding the source is easy, either mobile apps or something written in java (or anything) can use the API to add all the required details.

To be able to install plugins from mobile apps would require zip adding a new /rest/action along the lines of installPlugin which contains a source e.g http://serviiDB.com/plugins/4oD.groovy or C:\Downloads\4oD.groovy which serviio then uses to retirves the file and copy it to the corect directory (although what happens on macs?). That along with exposing a list of installed plugins would enable mobile apps and easy to write standalone apps to manage plugins and sources. However, I'm not sure if this is something zip wants to do/how much of a pain it would be todo.

Going forward we can put together the ideas, and then refine it so that it can be easily intergrated into serviio at a later date.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm

zip wrote:
moltra wrote:Zip alot of the things you are talking about have been going through my mind since I got the domain name and hosting setup last night. I am still making sure, but the way I read the package I signed up for, I have unlimited bandwith. What I am not sure of is if that covers downloading files. But what I am reading implies that it does.

http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=8971 deluxe 4GH package.

If anyone has any guidance for the disclaimer, I would love it.

My hosting comes with unlimited bandwidth but they won't allow downloading files. I'm sure it would not include generating files on the fly or JSON/XML documents sent to the user.

I have looked and looked and cannot find anything about downloading files. I did find something about archived files, not sure if they count this as the same.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:26 pm

Looking at their forums it should be fine for text based files as you won't be able to use up excessive amounts of bandwith. The are technical limitations in place due to the shared hosting environment (lots of sites running on the server), but I doubt you will get anywhere near that.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 pm

moltra wrote:I have looked and looked and cannot find anything about downloading files. I did find something about archived files, not sure if they count this as the same.

plugins are very small files so dont think it should be a problem if your hosting the plugins

I think there should be two separate video sections, one for video feeds ie iplayer, 4od (very reliable) and one for video live streams ie tvsector (unreliable)

We could have a rating system for live streams, users can vote out of 5 how often the service is live

This is all very exciting!! :D
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:00 pm

will wrote:Adding the source is easy, either mobile apps or something written in java (or anything) can use the API to add all the required details.

To be able to install plugins from mobile apps would require zip adding a new /rest/action along the lines of installPlugin which contains a source e.g http://serviiDB.com/plugins/4oD.groovy or C:\Downloads\4oD.groovy which serviio then uses to retirves the file and copy it to the corect directory (although what happens on macs?). That along with exposing a list of installed plugins would enable mobile apps and easy to write standalone apps to manage plugins and sources. However, I'm not sure if this is something zip wants to do/how much of a pain it would be todo.

Going forward we can put together the ideas, and then refine it so that it can be easily intergrated into serviio at a later date.

yer aka remote file access, personaly i would not be using that.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Xmantium wrote:
moltra wrote:I have looked and looked and cannot find anything about downloading files. I did find something about archived files, not sure if they count this as the same.

plugins are very small files so dont think it should be a problem if your hosting the plugins

I think there should be two separate video sections, one for video feeds ie iplayer, 4od (very reliable) and one for video live streams ie tvsector (unreliable)

We could have a rating system for live streams, users can vote out of 5 how often the service is live

This is all very exciting!! :D

I like the Rating system. keep thinking about fields you want to see in the database. I am creating the basic structure now and will be creating the DB shortly.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:49 pm

I like zips idea of what Serviio version needed, for example 4OD and HULU wasnt till 0.6.1/0.6.2

Would be good if plugins would have version numbers, so Serviio could detect if the user is still using an out of date plugin compared to the one stored on ServiiDB.com
A bit like Android Market/App Store/WP7 Marketplace
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Another option is to use tvdb open source database - http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvdb/

Not sure if themoviedb use this too
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

I have the basic site up and would like some feedback from it. Everyone has access to see the front page, but if you want full user access please sign up on there for an account.

http://www.serviidb.com

I have the site setup for smartphones and tablets so if you have one please check out how it works.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:13 am

Works fine on my iPad. Looks really good so far, its come a long way from just an :idea:

Is that the logo your going to choose or a placeholder?

Other fields should include resolution, SD or HD
To avoid duplication, similar idea to thestreamdb, include multiple URLs, some live streams have mirrors, some live streams the SD stream is working but HD stream is offline
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 am

logo just a place holder, want to use something like serviio's if it is ok with Zip.

I was thinking about SD/HD

I will add a 2nd Url field.

what do you think the thumbnail resolution should be?

I like that you can get an rss of each group of content. I have not tried it in serviio, but I can customize it so it will work.

Can you make any future comments on the forums on the site.

Thanks
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am

Looking good so far. I would stick a big far "ServiiDB is not affilated with Serviio in anyway" at the top of the page.

To solve the plugin filtering problem. Maybe change the plugin field to 'Requires plugin' yes/no and when that is yes have another filed, plugin.

Anyplans of how the data can be extracted/searched from your db.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am

I am trying to figure out how to do the child for the plugin, might just use it all the time and default to N/A.

The Data is already in a RSS format so that should be able to be used. Once I start getting real data in it, I will start working with the API to remote search it. It is in a mysql db so should be easy to get the data.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Regarding the second url, looking at streamdb.com, think its best to have upto three URLs

I'm liking the fact that thumbnails can be stored too as thumbnails on other sites unreliable
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Rather than have Plugins Required - "YES" or "NO"
Its should state what plugin is required, if there is no plugin for the feed then it should state "None"

So all iPlayer feeds with have Plugin - "iPlayer (UK)", so when a user clicks on the link it will show all the feeds in the database that requires the iPlayer plugin

On the left hand side slection menu, as well of having "By Category", there should be "By PlugIns"
This way a user visiting the site can view all the urls for iPlayer, all the URLs for 4oD, HULU, YouTube ect

This will also make Will(the android master) app more eaiser to get the data by doing his idea of :
Add feed -> Feed type
- Manual
- Automatic

Automatic -> Pick a source
- 4oD (UK Only)
- YouTube
- Hulu (US Only)

4oD -> Enter a XXXX (e.g Enter a show name)
- Manual show name <-Sets up everything bar the show name, especailly useful for new shows
- Come Dine With Me <-Sets up everything
- The inbetweeners
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:14 pm

I am planning on changing the plugin setup to none or the plugin name. When new content is created, it will show all existing plugins so it would be easy to select. Right now the menus for category and language are the only one since I am trying to get parent child displays working. Ie when you click "video feeds" it will show everything under it.

I will be adding more menus as I get the parent child down more.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 pm

What is the current plan for sites like 4oD etc where they have a number of shows. Will we just define a template, or will we parse the 4oD site for a list of shows.
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:15 pm

will wrote:What is the current plan for sites like 4oD etc where they have a number of shows. Will we just define a template, or will we parse the 4oD site for a list of shows.

That will be tricky, what if they remove some/ add some. You'd need some kind of plugin for this ;-)
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Well you can fetch http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od/all and with a few sed and grep commands extract a clean list of shows so it shouldn't be hard to write something to map from that into something useable in php/js.However, we will have to do it on a per site basis and some might be harder than others to get a list for :(

So maybe we should have a template entry for these sorts of sites which also contain a few lines describing to the users how to build the urls. Additionally the most popular ones also added.
Will

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Since I am in the US I cannot see the 40D shows, but If you need me to, I can make up a Category like I did for YouTube. I can also put in a remarks field that can be limited/full html, so we can put in the basics or more to get new links.

I have setup the plugin storage. I it will keep each version of the plugin, but will update all Media resource content links to the newest revision. The older versions will be available on the plugin screen, in case someone needs a earlier version due to the Serviio version they are running. This should allow easier retrieval of the plugins via API. I am tracking the plugins by name and version (0-10+).
Mark
Beta Tester Group

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration