Web UI in PHP - support thread

<<

thtung1

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Web UI in PHP (revised)

IT WORKSS!!!!!

Just in case somebody needs this:
1. copy the serviioweb folder into /var/www.
2. Run this command: $ chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/serviioweb/
3. Test with any browser: http://mybooklive.local/serviioweb/

Thanks AcidumIrae, Xmantium and mpemberton5!!
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm

thtung1 wrote:IT WORKSS!!!!!

Just in case somebody needs this:
1. copy the serviioweb folder into /var/www.
2. Run this command: $ chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/serviioweb/
3. Test with any browser: http://mybooklive.local/serviioweb/

Thanks AcidumIrae, Xmantium and mpemberton5!!

Fantastic! Congrats and enjoy!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am

There is a wiki page for this console, it'd be cool if we could keep it up-to-date and even include some guide http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=phpwebui
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:06 pm

zip wrote:There is a wiki page for this console, it'd be cool if we could keep it up-to-date and even include some guide http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=phpwebui

Was looking for the "Like" button to press, thinking this is a good idea. Then I realized 1) this "ain't no Facebook" and 2) this is my task.... LOL! I will commit to updating the wiki.

Cheers to all.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

LOL
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Mark, was hoping you can also add iOS icon to the package too and make it a "web app" for Apples iOS devices. :D
There is no iphone/ipad app for Serviio as of yet.
Since you added the cool iOS type feel it looks extreme good on my iPad.

You don't have to create a custom iOS style app icon, you can use my custom icon below, iOS does the job for you.
All a user has to do is "Add to Home Screen" and the web app is created for easy access just like any other iOS app from the App Store. Without the ios icon included it just takes a screenshot of the page crammed into a small icon at the moment.

Here are some guides in make into a web app.
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/ ... mages.html (All Sizes shown under web clip icon including for the new iPad retina display)
http://www.luscarpa.com/development/mak ... plication/ (old guide but more visual)
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Xmantium,

Don't wanna promote my work (I do :P ), but the Ajax WebUI should work on Apple Devices.
I've even added some spectific meta-tags for these :
  Code:
<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no"/>
<meta name="format-detection" content="address=no"/>
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/serviio/www/images/icon.png" />

(Mark, you can copy them to the PHP pages if you want).

I don't have any Apple device, could you have a look and report me issues?
The last icon is serviio's default (20x20), is it ok?
Thanks!
Serviio WebUI console developer : New Homepage | Support | Project | Issues

Samsung UA32C6600 | WinXP / Ubuntu 11.10 | Samsung Galaxy S | Freebox v6
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 am

Much kudos to your work kairo, I have always loved the php interface, even more after Marks latest update. I use my iPad more at home than my phone.

I think you have to package the iOS icons with the right size icon or else it would appear fuzzy or may not allow it.
For iPhone and iPod touch, create icons that measure:
57 x 57 pixels
114 x 114 pixels (high resolution retina display)

For iPad, create icons that measure:
72 x 72 pixels
144 x 144 (high resolution retina display ipad)

So I'm assuming you will have to package four different sized icons to work properly on all iOS devices
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:03 pm

According to this article, it appears these icons are (more or less) supported by Android and Blackberry.
But this seems quite complicated to support everything... :?
Serviio WebUI console developer : New Homepage | Support | Project | Issues

Samsung UA32C6600 | WinXP / Ubuntu 11.10 | Samsung Galaxy S | Freebox v6
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

kairoh wrote:According to this article, it appears these icons are (more or less) supported by Android and Blackberry.
But this seems quite complicated to support everything... :?

I know Chrome Beta on my Android tablet also support these icons
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 am

Kudos to you guys for making Web UI even better! I've added the proposed updates, tested on my iPad and Android phone. All looks great. I'd like to hear from someone who puts it on their Android tablet to see if it saves the shortcut to Home as it should.

Cheers to all,
Mark
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Mark, tried it on iPad, iPhone, Android Phone and Android Tablet (i got alot of gadgets!) and seems its not working.

I checked the folders, i dont see the icons, there should be four with different pixel size and should be links on the index.php (i think) but dont see this.
You sure you updated the master version on Git?
<<

npuser

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:06 pm

@Mark - thank you for the update. Works great. Looks like a native app in ios and android.

@xmantium - humm! I tried it on iPad 1& 2, iPhone 4s, moto xoom, and moto droid x. The shortcut worked like a treat. I am wondering if some folders or files somehow did not get overwritten for you.

Thank you again mark.

Npuser

edit: Sample Ipad Screen shot attached
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (71.85 KiB) Viewed 28539 times
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:14 pm

npuser wrote:@Mark - thank you for the update. Works great. Looks like a native app in ios and android.

@xmantium - humm! I tried it on iPad 1& 2, iPhone 4s, moto xoom, and moto droid x. The shortcut worked like a treat. I am wondering if some folders or files somehow did not get overwritten for you.

Thank you again mark.

Npuser

edit: Sample Ipad Screen shot attached

Where is that "Like" button again? LOL
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Got it working!! Yay! I think it didnt like the ".htaccess" file ive got in the main directory to password protet Seviio Web UI
And its looks really good!! You can rename the app anything you like!
Even better the app works on its own app seperate from Safari and loads up fullscreen
The image now shows up on Chrome Beta on Android phone and tablet running ICS
Thanks Mark, multi million "Like" from me!!
Attachments
screen1.png
screen1.png (203.07 KiB) Viewed 28530 times
screen2.png
screen2.png (243.72 KiB) Viewed 28530 times
<<

npuser

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Mark, you made impressive enhancements to webui - I very grateful for that. The updated WebUI is perfect as it. I really love using it especially from the Mobile Devices. I admit, it is bit too early to ask for more goodies form you but i am going to hide my shame and list at least two for your future consideration :) .

Wishlist:
1. Be able to Switch serviio server - I run two headless serviio instances would be nice to be able to manage from a single webui installation.
[Workaround: Copied webui into two separate folders in a web server; updated config.php to point to different serviio servers.]
2. Integration with serviiodb.com via API to add resources right from WebUI

Thanks
NPuser
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 pm

I am working on the documentation of the API now, but it is up in a beta form now. Will had incorporated it in serviidroid. There is a thread under third party apps for serviidb.com.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 am

npuser wrote:Mark, you made impressive enhancements to webui - I very grateful for that. The updated WebUI is perfect as it. I really love using it especially from the Mobile Devices. I admit, it is bit too early to ask for more goodies form you but i am going to hide my shame and list at least two for your future consideration :) .

Thanks for the kind words. And never too late to ask for enhancements.

npuser wrote:1. Be able to Switch serviio server - I run two headless serviio instances would be nice to be able to manage from a single webui installation.
[Workaround: Copied webui into two separate folders in a web server; updated config.php to point to different serviio servers.]
2. Integration with serviiodb.com via API to add resources right from WebUI

1. Interesting concept. Will definitely look at some configuration options to make that happen.
2. Definitely on the table. Was waiting on moltra to finalize some of the components which I believe he has done or is on the fringe of completing. In fact, he just posted stating he is working on the API documentation. Sweet! Anyway, integration is not far off!
<<

spyrule

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Web UI in PHP (revised) : Error

Hello,

I am using this version of the WebUI and it loads with no issues, and all buttons seem like they work, however, if I click the SAVE button on ANY screen I get the following errors (one after the other):

serviio_WebUI_Error.png
serviio_WebUI_Error.png (32.09 KiB) Viewed 28451 times

I am running the following :

Linux :
ClearOS 6.2 Community Final Release (was just released this past week)
Serviio server 0.6.2
Serviio WebUI v1.0.1
I've installed Serviio using the following instructions :
http://www.clearfoundation.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,232/catid,40/func,view/id,25951/
I've installed the WebUI into a sub-folder in my default web site (/var/www/html/serviio).
I did copy the files from the .zip into the serviio folder instead of the serviioweb default folder (I was getting the error either which way).

It seems as though Serviio is running with no errors from what I can tell (although I'm not really sure how to check without the webui fully working).

If I restart the Serviio service, I do see the "checking updates" and "Checking Additions" go green temporarily once the Serviio service restarts. So to me this makes it look like Serviio itself is working.

I instinct tells me this problem is a permissions issue, but I'm not sure based on that error if that's actually the case (since it's referring to the ./lib/serviio.php file line 608 which is looks like it cannot write(create) an xml file?)

ANY help on this would be hugely apreciated!

Spyrule.

P.s. - I've added a screenshot of my WebUI just in case it helps for whatever reason.
Attachments
serviio_WebUI_screen.png
Just a screenshot of my Serviio WebUI if it helps.
serviio_WebUI_screen.png (71.47 KiB) Viewed 28451 times
<<

npuser

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 am

i believe curl and xml are required for this work properly. plz double check if the xml mod is install, the parsererror could be due to permission but the class DOMdocument error looks like it is due to missing xml module from your install.

NPuser
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration