FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Web UI in PHP - support thread

<<

spyrule

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am

Re: Web UI in PHP (revised)

npuser wrote:i believe curl and xml are required for this work properly. plz double check if the xml mod is install, the parsererror could be due to permission but the class DOMdocument error looks like it is due to missing xml module from your install.

NPuser

Thanks for the hint, however I did check those (I forgot to mention this).

PHP Version 5.3.3
Apache/2.2.15 (ClearOS Core)

serviio_CURL_php.png
serviio_CURL_php.png (11.44 KiB) Viewed 33413 times

serviio_XML_php.png
serviio_XML_php.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 33413 times

I havn't made any changes to php nor apache configurations, and as for the serviio installation, I exactly followed the previous link, except for the older WebUI near the bottom, because I could not get the links to work from that version (older 0.5.x).

The only thing I did, was :
"chown -R apache:apache /var/www/html/serviio ", just to make sure it would have the necessary rights to act as a website.

Not sure if this has an effect, however :

I installed ffmpeg using :

http://www.clearfoundation.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,232/catid,39/func,view/id,39198/#39463

I specifically used the ffmpeg-rhel.run script to get ffmpeg installed and compiled completely.

Again, thanks for the help,

Spyrule Image
<<

npuser

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 am

Try
  Code:
yum install php-xml

Please check the serviio log to make sure your serviio is actually running. Default webui install looks at $serviio_host = "127.0.0.1" for serviio host.

NPuser
Last edited by npuser on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

spyrule

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

npuser wrote:Try
  Code:
yum install php-xml

That fixed one error (nice catch btw, It seems as though ClearOS 6.2 is missing a lot of the standard (previously included) apps... like wget, yum... :o ).

But now I get this error when I click save :

serviio_new_error.png
serviio_new_error.png (24.45 KiB) Viewed 33410 times

Spyrule
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:04 am

spyrule wrote:
npuser wrote:Try
  Code:
yum install php-xml

That fixed one error (nice catch btw, It seems as though ClearOS 6.2 is missing a lot of the standard (previously included) apps... like wget, yum... :o ).

But now I get this error when I click save :

serviio_new_error.png

Spyrule

Yep, that's a bug. Been there a while. Sounds like you have php errors displaying. Easiest thing to do is delete line 126 in the stated file. Will be fixed in the next revision.
<<

npuser

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:06 am

fh variable looks ok in my install. could you make sure if you have $ in front of fh?

NPuser
<<

spyrule

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 am

npuser wrote:fh variable looks ok in my install. could you make sure if you have $ in front of fh?

NPuser

Yup its there :

Code:
 protected function executePut ($ch)
        {
                if (!is_string($this->requestBody))
                {
                        $this->buildPostBody();
                }

$this->requestLength = strlen($this->requestBody);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/xml; charset=UTF-8'));
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "PUT");
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$this->requestBody);

$this->doExecute($ch);

fclose($fh);
        }

However, something that I just realized, it looks like it's saving my configuration changes, but this error is still generated on all windows.... odd.
<<

npuser

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Mark confirmed its a bug. Like he said, you can actually comment that line out.

thanks
NPuser
<<

qoolbox

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 01, 2012 10:30 am

Hi

Just made a module for Thecus NAS (based on busybox) just experience some bugs

in Library TAB :

Add locale : works but doesnt validate the path
Add localy works but each time I enter a path i have to save one by one, if i do in one shot it doesnt validate all directories submited

in Presentation TAB :

Doesnt validate any of my configuration and keep the default configuration

General bug :

Doesnt seems to index files and directory inside an UTF-8 named directory (if a directory has specials caracters éàè... directory is displayed but not scanned and files not display on DLNA TV)

Somes of This bugs were submited already with the Ajax Kairoh previous version and has been resolved... wish the PHP Webui version can work fine :?

thanks for your help,

Best regards,
Third Party Thecus NAS Develloper

http://forum.thecus.com
http://www.tsuga.fr
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed May 02, 2012 7:13 am

qoolbox wrote:in Presentation TAB :

Doesnt validate any of my configuration and keep the default configuration

I thought only QNAP NAS users were only having this issue
Do you mean, when you press "Save", all the values reset to "Display Content"?
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

qoolbox

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Xmantium

Yes, when i make a config, and save all is reset to default config...

I confirm also the issue with UTF-8 encoding name (i have well set the localedef of the NAS to en-Us-UTF8) the name are display on the my DLNA TV, but no indexing the files inside.

Before i had a directory called "Séries" and i rename it into "Series" and now file are indexed...

:(

<<

qoolbox

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm

I resolved all the main problem, it was due to PHP version embedded in Thecus ...
I upgrade to PHP 5.3.9 and use it as dependency .. and all run fine (not yet tested the UTF-8 problem)

Now Thecus has a new Serviio Module Avaiable :P

http://forum.thecus.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3610

thanks for your work...

<<

qoolbox

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Bugs confirmed :

- UTF-8 FIles are not display on the DLNA Client (but WEBUI turned in french display well the éèà characters, and localdef is well set in the NAS Environnement)

- adding files by browsing in the Shared Folder TAB doesnt work because interface seems to add a "/" at the end of the Path removing it manually, make it works

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu May 10, 2012 6:50 pm

I've got embedded PHP 5.2.14, how do you mean by dependency?

I've had the presentation save bug since the start on my QNAP NAS
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

qoolbox

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:24 am

Hi,

In Thecus embbeded PHP is also an old Release... a user made a PHP 5.3.9 module and i use it as dependency (i mean i force the Serviio module to use this PHP release instead of the embbeded one)
simply i use a .htaccess file to force it ...

have a look here for more info :

http://www.fajo.de/main/en/thecus/modules/php53

;)

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 am

My PHP version is not very old so dont think that is the issue, the QNAP admins are updating to PHP 5.3 in our next firmware that should be released end of this month. So I'll see what happens after the update.
<<

lmd

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 am

Hi all,

I am running an old laptop as my media server now, and am using the latest version of Ubuntu server, along with LAMP and Webmin. I've got the latest version of the web ui working, but I am unable to save any Online Resources. I can add items from the local machine just fine. Streaming to my Samsung D series TV works perfectly too.

Very happy - but if someone could point me in the right direction to get the online streams/feeds working I'd really appreciate it!

So far I have made sure that the read/write permissions to the folders are set, .htaccess shouldn't be necessary as it's been chucked in the /var/www/ folder (correct?) and I'm sure it's not a firewall issue from my computer.

Overall though - very happy with it as part of my home media solution! :)

Thanks,

Andy :)
<<

lmd

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat May 19, 2012 12:05 pm

lmd wrote:Hi all,

I am running an old laptop as my media server now, and am using the latest version of Ubuntu server, along with LAMP and Webmin. I've got the latest version of the web ui working, but I am unable to save any Online Resources. I can add items from the local machine just fine. Streaming to my Samsung D series TV works perfectly too.

Very happy - but if someone could point me in the right direction to get the online streams/feeds working I'd really appreciate it!

So far I have made sure that the read/write permissions to the folders are set, .htaccess shouldn't be necessary as it's been chucked in the /var/www/ folder (correct?) and I'm sure it's not a firewall issue from my computer.

Thanks,

Anybody else have this problem? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, LAMP, PHP cURL, PHP-XML etc. but can't seem to see what's going wrong.

Is there an email address I can send details of this issue to? I've looked at the Wiki but can only see very simple installation instructions.

Could it possibly be a permissions problem for the directory where the RSS/Atom feeds are stored on my server?

Cheers,

Andy
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

lmd wrote:

Thanks,

Anybody else have this problem? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, LAMP, PHP cURL, PHP-XML etc. but can't seem to see what's going wrong.

Is there an email address I can send details of this issue to? I've looked at the Wiki but can only see very simple installation instructions.

Could it possibly be a permissions problem for the directory where the RSS/Atom feeds are stored on my server?

Cheers,

Andy

Hey Andy, sorry about not getting back to you. So is it just the Online Sources that you can't save? You can turn on debugging in the config.php file. There are two options that you turn on as "true". Once you do that, you'll see a panel at the bottom of the screen that will show additional information. Turn on the debug options, try to add an Online Source, hit save and see what shows up at the bottom. Do some screenshots and attach them to a post along with any other details that you might have. Hopefully this will get us started in the right direction.
Thanks!
<<

lmd

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 am

mpemberton5 wrote:
lmd wrote:

Thanks,

Cheers,

Andy

Hey Andy, sorry about not getting back to you. So is it just the Online Sources that you can't save? You can turn on debugging in the config.php file. There are two options that you turn on as "true". Once you do that, you'll see a panel at the bottom of the screen that will show additional information. Turn on the debug options, try to add an Online Source, hit save and see what shows up at the bottom. Do some screenshots and attach them to a post along with any other details that you might have. Hopefully this will get us started in the right direction.
Thanks!

Hey Mark,

My apologies for appearing impatient, but I'm very close to having my 'dream' setup working, this is just the last hurdle to get over. So, I've switched debugging to 'debug' and debug location to 'screen' in the config.php (thanks for the handy comments in there!). So, now I see a text box with 'POST' data and another with 'Response' data.

When I try to add an Online Source (in this case, one of my playlists from YouTube - yes I have the YouTube groovy installed), I get the result of... nothing in the error boxes.

Is there something I've missed in the config.php?

Thanks!

Andy

P.S. I've checked and I have JavaScript enabled, as well as tested in Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari with the same result.
<<

lmd

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun May 20, 2012 3:02 pm

OK - I'm a wally!

I've got the error message showing up now - parser error.

Code:
Error: Error: Invalid XML:
Notice: Undefined variable: fh in /var/www/serviioweb/lib/RestRequest.inc.php on line 126

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /var/www/serviioweb/lib/RestRequest.inc.php on line 126
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<result>
  <errorCode>0</errorCode>
  <httpCode>200</httpCode>
</result>

Is this a setting problem my side or a bug?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Andy
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration