[OLD] ServiiGo - Android 3G/Wifi Playback App - Beta

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Re: ServiiGo - Android 3G/Wifi Playback App - Beta

my phone is the oposite way round to your tablet
Do this test please:

1) add live stream to Serviio "rtmp://fms2.tikilive.com:1935/view/25503_222/ pageURL=http://myiplayer.com/channeliframes/hgtv.html playpath=stream25503 swfVfy=0 live=1"
EDIT: That stream is no good this am ..use this instead "rtmp://cp114761.live.edgefcs.net:443/live/ swfUrl=http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/swf/flvPlayer.swf pageURL=http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/library.html playpath=tpc-live_1@44263 swfVfy=0 live=1"
2) in serviiGo click play as Original using MX player and count and report the seconds until playback starts
3) click screen and report decoder HW or SW
4) click menu/settings/properties and report the DLNA code.
eg: AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO-0

repeat with any avc.mkv movie using your transcode to mpegts rule.
Last edited by jhb50 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:36 pm

See edit in last post for stream change.
"rtmp://wms002.pik-tv.com/live/piktv3pik3tv pageURL=http://pik-tv.com/ swfVfy=0 live=1"
and that one is too big 1280x720
so use this one 640x480
"rtmp://cp114761.live.edgefcs.net:443/live/ swfUrl=http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/swf/flvPlayer.swf pageURL=http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/library.html playpath=tpc-live_1@44263 swfVfy=0 live=1"
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Live stream: took about 8 seconds, used H/W decoding, DLNA code was AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO-0

MKV takes <5 seconds to start: without the fix it was advertised as MATROSKA-0 (S/W (fast)), with my fix it was advertised as AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO-0 (H/W)

I'll fix those live stream display issues for 1.0.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Strings should be ready for translation at http://www.getlocalization.com/serviigo/
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm

will wrote:Live stream: took about 8 seconds, used H/W decoding, DLNA code was AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO-0

MKV takes <5 seconds to start: without the fix it was advertised as MATROSKA-0 (S/W (fast)), with my fix it was advertised as AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO-0 (H/W)

Holy Smokerowski!
Live Stream: same DLNA code, SW decoding, HW unavailable, took 120 seconds!

mkv 1280X720 (Avatar) NO FIX: 36 sec ,Same DLNA MATROSKA-0 HW decode
with your fix: 22 sec to load, same DLNA AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO-0, SW decode, jerky (dropped frames), audio on/off every 5 sec.

So they are totally reversed. Any idea why? What cpu and Android version are you using? And do you have MX 1.6h ?. I am using videoplayer_ad__1_6h_neon.apk, perhaps that is the difference. I'll play around with it. I'd sure like to get HW decode for the on-line streams.
EDIT: I now see there is a j version so I will switch to that. https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download
Last edited by jhb50 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:40 pm

No idea why, I have a feeling that MX Player should be able to use HW decoding on my phone without the fix, but isn't detecting it properly.

I have a HTC One S which has a Dual core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 and an Adreno 225 GPU. Using 1.6i, no codec pack as it never said I needed it. Android 4.0.3, haven't got round to flashing anything else yet, waiting on Jelly Bean source code to be released and a stable Cyanogen mod before I bother moving from stock.

Even on my old HTC Wildfire which had a 568MHz CPU (overclocked to 780ish) and no GPU, playback was <10 seconds although that was always for Low quality as the screen was 320x240 and it couldn't handle anything else.

Once Serviio 1.0 is out, I plan on trying to get MX Player's devs to improve support for ServiiGo as it is already better than the others with better HW decoding and the only one with an API for subtitle support.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 am

Just tried to play the same MKV using DLNA with the generic profile to compare it against ServiiGo. Via DLNA H/W decoding was enabled whereas it isn't via the CDS API despite the delivered file being identical.

@zip is there any difference between the CDS API and the DLNA one as to how content is delivered. The same file, with the same transcoding options (ie none), is being detected differently by MX Player
I downloaded
http://192.168.15.100:8895/resource/952 ... 0/ORIGINAL
and
http://192.168.15.100:23424/cds/resourc ... hToken=XXX

and did a binary diff and they were identical so it must be either the http headers/delivery mechanisum which is causing MX Player to fail to enable H/W decoding
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:54 pm

there is, they use some different headers (CDS doesn't need DLNA headers).
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:59 pm

zip wrote:there is, they use some different headers (CDS doesn't need DLNA headers).

Are any of them related to the content?

I guess I would like any information that could help me help MX Player to detect the videos correctly either through ServiiGo or Serviio passing more info, or through working with MX Player's devs.

EDIT: OK so I looked at the headers and there isn't anything in there that should effect it. I guess I'll just have to get MX Player devs to look into it once Serviio 1.0 is out.

Code:
curl -I http://192.168.15.100:23424/cds/resource/952/MEDIA_ITEM/MATROSKA-0/ORIGINAL,serviigo?authToken=86ddf3a886994115be53f54b4872b018
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 119345456
Content-Type: video/x-matroska

vs
  Code:
curl -I http://192.168.15.100:8895/resource/952/MEDIA_ITEM/MATROSKA-0/ORIGINAL
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: video/x-matroska
Content-Length: 119345456
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 16:59:44 GMT
Server: Linux, UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50, Serviio/1.0-SNAPSHOT
Cache-control: no-cache
transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming
Will

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 pm

DLNA gets the media info by calling a SOAP web service (Browse) which gives it a bit more info (such as the DLNA protocol info), so maybe they read that.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:30 am

Just tried to play the same MKV using DLNA with the generic profile to compare it against ServiiGo. Via DLNA H/W decoding was enabled whereas it isn't via the CDS API despite the delivered file being identical.
Will, my results are different than yours. I get HW decoding enabled both with the ServiiGo profile that does not transcode H264 and with DLNA using BubbleUPnp and my Android Profile that also does no transcoding
of H264. The significant difference is that UPnP starts within 5 seconds but ServiiGo takes 25 to 40 seconds.

Similiarly with online livestreams, I have tested 4 different livestream players including the native stream player in MX and all but ServiiGo take 3 to 5 seconds. ServiiGo takes 35 to 50 seconds.

I conclude there is a serious playback problem in ServiiGo. To me looking at the network traffic with these requests it appears that ServiiGo is filling a large buffer before allowing playback to start, while the other methods only fill their buffers after playback starts or when playback is paused so that initial playback is immediate rather than delayed.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:38 am

Is that with all video players or just MX Player?

ServiiGo does not do anything with videos, all it does is pass the URL to it over the the player, just like BubleUPnP does. I guess I will have to talk to the players devs about how their detection works and what we can do to help them detect the videos properly. I would assume they perform a few quick checks, and if that fails, buffer a larger part of the video, and then try to detect it. They may simply have exceptions for known DLNA stuff to speed it up (although they wouldn't be doing any DLNA communication).
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:11 am

Is that with all video players or just MX Player?

Bingo, went back and reran my tests with ServiiGo using VPlayer and all the files and streams open quickly! Went back to MX but set default decoder to SW and now all the files and streams open quickly with MX.

So the problem is that MX Player is taking a long time to decide if it can use the HW decoder and at the end of that period starts to play with the mode that it determined. The fix is to use SW decoder by default and if the playback is jerky or out of sync to try the HW decoder which it may reject.

Seems that since this is a standard Neon with no GPU that this should not take so long. I'll post a note in the MX forum.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:47 am

OK. That makes sense. Should be easier once 1.0 is out, as they can then install it and give it a really good test.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Tried using ServiiGo again today with the profile you provided
Installed MX Player and still have no luck :(
Thought it was port forward issues, restarted router to make sure
Cant seem to get video to work on my Samsung S3 on default player even on MX or Mobo Player
Music and Pictures work fine though

The stock Android browser works with its flash player. But Adobe made an announcement it will no longer support Flash for mobile devices, even stopping new installs towards the end of this year :cry:

Weird thing too, after the video didnt play i cant access mediabrowser through my browser, after restaring Serviio mediabrowser starting working again on browser
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:26 am

That is really really odd. Do any of the low/medium qualities work? Does the video player throw any errors? Is there anything in Serviio's log. Could you turn on detailed logging (turn org.rest or whatever it is called, to DEBUG as well), and post a log of you connecting, browsing to a video and trying to play each quality using MX Player including waiting for a while for it to play.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:23 pm

I'll try tonight with other video quality settings.
The player just keeps loading.

When did the adverts popup? is there gonna be a non ad version?
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 pm

OK Thanks. Posting a proper detailed log from serviio might help track it down. Its very strange that nothing plays.

Ads came into RC1 in order to check against layout issues, especailly on tablets as although I'm using suposidly 'smart' ads, its hard for me to test.

See viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6036&start=120#p47196 and the few posts after for info but yes, there will be a non-free version which will be on google play by the end of the week. At the moment i'm just held up by trying to think of some good text to describe the app (any ideas). Also have to word the explination carefully to make sure users don't think that simply buying the paid version of ServiiGo will allow the app to work once their Serviio PRO trial ends.

I've got a play/pause button in the notification working now. Does your phone have any notification present when audio playback is going on equivilant to HTC and beats audio as that seems to cause the missing notifications on my phone?
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 pm

As Serviio 1.0 isn't going to be out this weekend, here is an new update with the fixes i've made since the last one. Between now and the release there probably won't be any more additions, other than hopefully fixing the dissapearing notifcations under ICS.

If you have online sources which change frequently, you will want to clear your thumbnail cache once you have installed this update, but from then on it should be OK.

Code:
==== RC 2 ====
*Fixed live stream layout issues
*Adjusted layout and wording of the first run help
*Minor changes to image resources
*Fixed mixed up thumbnails for online sources due to Serviio reusing resource ids
*Possible fix for disappearing notifications on some ICS devices (#22)
*Added play/pause button to the notification (#26)
*Added Dutch, German, Hungarian (Hungary) and Swiss German (Switzerland) translations - Thank you!
*Minor bug fixes
Will

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 am

Your RC2 seems to work fine with zips RC2.

FYI, Tried to use Wondershare Player with ServiGo but it just spins.

I stll need to ask MX Player why it takes 60+ sec to determine if it can hw decode.
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration