FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[OLD] ServiiGo - Android 3G/Wifi Playback App - Beta

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 am

Re: ServiiGo - Android 3G/Wifi Playback App - Beta

Went to post in the MX forum about ServiiGo sourced files taking so long to load when HW decoding is the default. But then I realized that the files load immediately in MX when sourcing the same files via BubbleUPnP. So it seems to me that means the source of the delay is within ServiiGo and I don't know what I can post in the MX forum. Have you discussed this with the MX author?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:06 am

I haven't yet, but would be great if you did.

See and a few posts after viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6036&start=160#p47539 basically need to ask them, do DLNA apps provide them with any extra info other than the video url via the intent, do they do any special detection for DLNA videos etc that could cause them to read the same file coming from those two urls differently.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 am

Here is my post. https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... cc5E3xsZlQ I'll be away for a week so you might want to monitor replies.

I have a Nextbook 7" Premium Android 2.3 Neon, and am playing files and livestreams from a DLNA server (Serviio).
Using BubbleUPnP with MX set to HW decode everything works fine, however the subtitles being sent from Serviio are not recognized by BubbleUPnP.
Being hearing impaired I need the subs. Fortunately the Android ServiiGo program utilizes the REST interface to Serviio (Non-DLNA) and acquires the file links and passes it to the chosen player. If MXPlayer is the chosen player, ServiiGo also acquires the subtitle file link and MXPlayer plays the video with the subtitles, which meets my needs.

I testing this solution however, I found that if hw decode was set as the MXPlayer default, it takes MXPlayer close to 60 seconds to determine if the file/stream should be played with hw or sw decoding. If sw decode is set as the default the playback starts within a few seconds. In the few instances where it took longer when sw default was set, the hw default took proportunately longer. In one case 40 sec became 180 sec!

I have tested this with both files and live streams in various formats
avc/aac.ts 60+ sec then played with sw
mpeg.ac3.ts 60+ sec then played with hw
avc/aac.mkv 40 sec then played with hw

note that these files played immediately
divx/mp3.avi 3 sec then played with sw
avc/ac3.flv 3 sec then played with hw

The ServiiGo author has confirmed that he is just passing the links unaltered to MXPlayer, and I note that VPlayer plays them without delay when set to hw decode. I also note that MXPlayer with hw decode as the default has no similar delays when it is used as the player by BubbleUPnP which seems strange. Any ideas what the problem might be?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:58 am

I've been very busy at the moment, so sorry for lack of updates, development will fully resume at the end of the month. I'm seeing some crash reports from android 2.X reletated to notifications. Can anyone with this problem give me a bit of feedback please, does it happen as soon as the notification shows (/do you not see the nofication), or does it happen when you try to interact with it.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Looks like the way I implemented it simply doesn't work on < ICS so I've removed it for < ICS for now. I'll look into adding it back in the future, I'm sure it should be possible.

1.0 is now ready to go, any last requests for this first release?
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

1.0 is now released as Serviio 1.0 will be out very shortly. I'm setting up a new thread at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6803 to save new users reading through the old development posts, so please now see that thread for future questions. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, I have a lot planned for the future :)

Code:
==== 1.0 ====
*Officially available for everyone
*Fixed FC when rapidly pressing back in the image slideshow
*Fixed audio playback resuming after a call if you remove your headphones during the call
*Removed notification playback controls for platforms below ICS as it was causing a FC
*Padding adjustments for list views
*Donate key is now on Google Play
*Online video metadata is no longer available in the free version
*Added Italian, Polish (Poland) and Norwegian translations - Thank you!
*Minor bug fixes
Will

Previous

Return to Third-party tools integration