FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Browsing content with jquery

<<

stevegal

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Browsing content with jquery

I've got a vague idea to create a new HTML client for my Samsung tv, the all share one is okay, but I think a nicer looking ui more tuned to serviio would be even better. You'd not need the Samsung part of this to useful, as any browser with JavaScript support should work.

If I understand things correctly by getting my soap calls to the server right I should be able to browse and get the data using Ajax wrapping up the soap requets. Is this assumption correct?

To help get me started I was hoping that someone could give me a few well formed soap requests that would get me started quickly. I know this information is probably available elsewhere, but I've not found a concise list of what dlna functions serviio supports that would help me.

After browsing, I'd like to have a look at streaming.... But let's not run before we can walk....(would the html5 video tags helps here?)

Help would be appreciated!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: Browsing content with jquery

1.0 will introduce a public REST API to the browsing / streaming functionality so you don't have to deal with SOAP.
<<

stevegal

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick response. Any ideas when a preview/ beta may be available? It would be cool to get a proof of concept together.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:58 pm

I made you betatester. get the last beta in the beta forum and there is also the API document with one of the previous 1.0 betas
<<

stevegal

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 am

Brilliant. Thanks again. Really appreciate this.... Now to get serviio client looking cool on the Samsung tv!

Return to Third-party tools integration