FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: R: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

will wrote:
bengio wrote:Hi Will. Where and how can i have the 4.2 beta 1?

Inviato dal mio LT26i utilizzando Tapatalk

Follow the instructions for joining the beta testing programme that are on the first post of this thread, then you will receive the update through Google Play.

Thanks for the indication. Before I have to buy the license file. Ciao

Inviato dal mio LT26i utilizzando Tapatalk
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Hi. I have disabled "image" in serviiDroid but in ServiiGo I see the empty folder "image". V
I have bought licence but in ServiiGo I see advertising in the bottom of the screen...
Thanks. Bye

Inviato dal mio GT-P6200 utilizzando Tapatalk
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:06 am

bengio wrote:Hi. I have disabled "image" in serviiDroid but in ServiiGo I see the empty folder "image". V
I have bought licence but in ServiiGo I see advertising in the bottom of the screen...
Thanks. Bye

ServiiGo will always show the 3 top level content types (Audio, Image, Video), but it will respect other presentation settings were possible, such as hiding the Series category.

ServiiGo uses a feature of Serviio so that it can work remotely (plus lots of other benefits over DLNA) which requires Serviio Pro licence which goes to Serviio's developer.
ServiiGo itself has a donation version which users can purchase to support the development of ServiiGo as I do not receive any money from Serviio Pro licences. The Donate version of ServiiGo removes the adverts and adds some extra bonus features for a very small amount.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 am

Thanks for reply. I have donated. Bye

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:55 am

I've just relesaed 4.2 to Google Play. The APK is now a bit smaller, which is always nice. Other than the changes below, the highly experimental Chromecast support is now built in but disabled by default. If you want to help out with testing email me at the support address and I will tell you how to enable it.

Code:
==== 4.2 ====
*Improved loading of very large folders
*Added a button to the notification to stop the Music Player (Android 4.0+) (#88)
*Workaround a crash in the Music Player when running under BlueStacks
*Various minor bug fixes
*Updated translations
*Updated Google Play Services to 5.0
*Updated Android Support Library to revision 20
Will

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Will thanks for the update. So with chromecast I had some issues. What I have noticed is the app connects to the chromecast fine. When you click on any show or movie you want to watch chromecast just spins on my phone and on the screen I see the default picture with the loading bar. Ive waited up to 5 mins before the app on my phone says disconnected and when it does my chromecast is frozen up and can't use it till I unplug it even have to close out Serviigo to get it to open back up the chromecast button.

Also I don't know if you have ever used BubbleUPnP but they also have chromecast support. They have a render selection where you can select what chromecast or what DLNA device you want. Is there any way to make it so it can use other then Chromecast? I notice that yours will only find my chromecast but won't find any other devices that can steam the shows.

Keep up the good work.

Pleblo
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Pleblo wrote:Will thanks for the update. So with chromecast I had some issues. What I have noticed is the app connects to the chromecast fine. When you click on any show or movie you want to watch chromecast just spins on my phone and on the screen I see the default picture with the loading bar. Ive waited up to 5 mins before the app on my phone says disconnected and when it does my chromecast is frozen up and can't use it till I unplug it even have to close out Serviigo to get it to open back up the chromecast button.

Also I don't know if you have ever used BubbleUPnP but they also have chromecast support. They have a render selection where you can select what chromecast or what DLNA device you want. Is there any way to make it so it can use other then Chromecast? I notice that yours will only find my chromecast but won't find any other devices that can steam the shows.

Keep up the good work.

Pleblo

That sounds like an error with the accessing the video from Serviio (which should have been reported back to the app so I need to check that). Are you on linux or are you using an SSL proxy? Can you check the serviio log file for any errors. If not, email me your chromecast serial number and I'll whitelist it so that you can pull an error log off of it for me.

As for pushing content to DLNA devices, there is an open issue (https://bitbucket.org/willlunniss/servi ... nt-to-push) but there is no ETA at the moment, have a lot of other stuff I want to do first.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Small update that fixes a few issues that affected certain users that didn't show up during beta testing.

Code:
==== 4.2.1 ====
*Various minor bug fixes
Will

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Will, So I checked the serviio logs and no errors on it. I use serviio on my DLNA almost daily with no issues so this is the chromecast device. I think it might have to do with the wireless on my network. I tried using BubbleUPnP and this software did almost the same thing. The video did load just kept pausing and buffering. So I rebooted my router and tried the serviigo software again and the video loaded but kept buffering every 10 seconds. Do you still want me to send the serial number. I was going to try moving to to a tv closer to my router to see if that solved the issue just havn't had time.

Thank you,

Pleblo
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:21 am

Pleblo wrote:Will, So I checked the serviio logs and no errors on it. I use serviio on my DLNA almost daily with no issues so this is the chromecast device. I think it might have to do with the wireless on my network. I tried using BubbleUPnP and this software did almost the same thing. The video did load just kept pausing and buffering. So I rebooted my router and tried the serviigo software again and the video loaded but kept buffering every 10 seconds. Do you still want me to send the serial number. I was going to try moving to to a tv closer to my router to see if that solved the issue just havn't had time.

Thank you,

Pleblo

Try casting a video at Low quality, that will use significantly less bandwidth. If that works try Medium. Then try moving closer.
Will

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Will,

I must have been getting a ton of interference or something that day cause now I can play everything fine on original quality. This is why I hate Wifi stuff and hardwired a port into everyone room. Suck that chromecast doesnt' have an Ethernet connection.

One thing I did notice if a show runs out the chromecast disconnects from the app if you leave it too long but then when you go to play another the app thinks it still connected and you have to connect back up then disconnect to then connect back up again to get it to see the app. Ill keep doing more testing. And keep you updated.

Thank you,

Pleblo
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Pleblo wrote:Will,

I must have been getting a ton of interference or something that day cause now I can play everything fine on original quality. This is why I hate Wifi stuff and hardwired a port into everyone room. Suck that chromecast doesnt' have an Ethernet connection.

One thing I did notice if a show runs out the chromecast disconnects from the app if you leave it too long but then when you go to play another the app thinks it still connected and you have to connect back up then disconnect to then connect back up again to get it to see the app. Ill keep doing more testing. And keep you updated.

Thank you,

Pleblo

Glad it's working now. Could you try to rephrase the second paragraph, I'm not quite sure exactly what you meant.
Will

<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:32 am

Sure thing.

So I was playing a TV show and left the room. When I got back in the room the show was over. Chromecast showed it was connected to Serviigo so I hit play on the next show. Then serviigo said I wasn't connected but when I went into reconnect it was already connected so I had to disconnect and reconnect to get it to link back up. Hope that explains it a little better. Sorry been a long weekend and im tired.
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Will. I'm looking for a little media player where I can install serviigo app. I will use it only for watch mkw H.264 file from dlna. Is there one that you have tested?
I have already used Serviio with dlna of my bluray player for the large TV and serviigo on my Android tablet but I'm looking for a small player for small TV (without dlna or wifi) of bedroom.

P. S. I have installed Serviio on Synology nas ds213j and I work by serviiDroid app
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

Pleblo

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:28 am

Will,

Today I noticed some new things. When I was playing a TV show it just cut off and dropped the chromecast all together. This happened pretty often. I tried to get through one episode and it did this 3 times. Also changed up my settings so it was steaming directly from my server instead of going over the internet helped a ton with the wireless.

Thank you,

Jim
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:29 am

bengio wrote:Hi Will. I'm looking for a little media player where I can install serviigo app. I will use it only for watch mkw H.264 file from dlna. Is there one that you have tested?
I have already used Serviio with dlna of my bluray player for the large TV and serviigo on my Android tablet but I'm looking for a small player for small TV (without dlna or wifi) of bedroom.

P. S. I have installed Serviio on Synology nas ds213j and I work by serviiDroid app

I personally haven't tested any of them. However, if you find one which supports something like MX Player then it should work nicely.
Will

<<

korgsam

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:47 am

Hi ;

The ServiiGo can offer rebrand design license and offer trad- chinese interface fee?

I have purchase the serviio pro version, and interested the serviiGo license.

br,
lin
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:38 am

korgsam wrote:Hi ;

The ServiiGo can offer rebrand design license and offer trad- chinese interface fee?

I have purchase the serviio pro version, and interested the serviiGo license.

br,
lin

Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, maybe you could try to rephrase the question.

ServiiGo can be translated by users into any language, but it has not yet been translated into traditional Chinese. If you are willing to help translate it, or know someone who is, then let me know.

Will
Will

<<

korgsam

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:41 am

Hi ;

Let me Explain my question:

About the ServiiGo App, If i want to change the APP Name and App menu design style, and like the ADD Server address and password build in APP...
so can you offer this service and license?
and i need how much for this?
so means have my own brand app and like oem version.

about the trad-chinese translation, i can offer , but where can find how to do translation .

br,
lin
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Will
will be there the possibility to integrate ServiiGo in the new product of Google the Nexus Player?
I hope...
Thanks
ServiiGo beta tester
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration