FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:43 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

bengio wrote:Hi Will
will be there the possibility to integrate ServiiGo in the new product of Google the Nexus Player?
I hope...
Thanks

Yes, it will definately be possible. Out of the box it should kind of work OK, but won't be great. If you get one please let me know how it works.

I'm planning on spending some time developing an updated TV UI to be used across Android TV boxes, Google TV, Android TV and possibly Amazon Fire TV.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:47 am

Re: R: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

will wrote:
bengio wrote:Hi Will
will be there the possibility to integrate ServiiGo in the new product of Google the Nexus Player?
I hope...
Thanks

Yes, it will definately be possible. Out of the box it should kind of work OK, but won't be great. If you get one please let me know how it works.

I'm planning on spending some time developing an updated TV UI to be used across Android TV boxes, Google TV, Android TV and possibly Amazon Fire TV.

Great Will!
Thanks

Inviato dal mio Xperia S utilizzando Tapatalk
ServiiGo beta tester
<<

sailorickm

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:30 pm

I've been pouring through this forum and the bitbucket Issue list, and I'm not sure if what I'm wanting has already been requested.

My phone is a Galaxy Note II running Android 4.4.2. My main Serviio server is on WinXP (but seldom-used instances also on Win7 and Linux). What I do now is find a video to watch using ServiiGo, but launch it using the DLNA feature built into the TV or BD player. I'd rather just tap "Play" in ServiiGo.

If I browse my Serviio videos with ServiiGo and press its Play button, I'm offered several video apps, two of which have the capability to play the video on my devices (2 Sony BD players, a Sony TV and a Samsung TV): BubbleUPnP and "Video Player" (which is either an Android app or Samsung app?).

The problem is that for both of these programs, the video stops playing on the TV if I exit the app and exit ServiiGo, turn off the phone, leave the house, etc. I would like to be able to exit and have the video keep playing. This implies that I also don't care to have the phone app be able to control the TV in any way (pause, RWD, etc) once the playback is started.

It's important of course that Serviio sees the TV or BD player as the renderer, and uses its profile to decide its capabilities and whether transcoding is required, etc.

I thought the above was called "casting", but I've seen discussions of "casting" that involve continued control of the TV with the app. There's nothing wrong with that extra capability, as long as it's not _required_ to keep the app running for the duration of the video playback.

I'm not sure if I'm describing an enhancement to ServiiGo, or if I just don't have the right playback video app installed on my phone.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:05 am

sailorickm wrote:I've been pouring through this forum and the bitbucket Issue list, and I'm not sure if what I'm wanting has already been requested.

My phone is a Galaxy Note II running Android 4.4.2. My main Serviio server is on WinXP (but seldom-used instances also on Win7 and Linux). What I do now is find a video to watch using ServiiGo, but launch it using the DLNA feature built into the TV or BD player. I'd rather just tap "Play" in ServiiGo.

If I browse my Serviio videos with ServiiGo and press its Play button, I'm offered several video apps, two of which have the capability to play the video on my devices (2 Sony BD players, a Sony TV and a Samsung TV): BubbleUPnP and "Video Player" (which is either an Android app or Samsung app?).

The problem is that for both of these programs, the video stops playing on the TV if I exit the app and exit ServiiGo, turn off the phone, leave the house, etc. I would like to be able to exit and have the video keep playing. This implies that I also don't care to have the phone app be able to control the TV in any way (pause, RWD, etc) once the playback is started.

It's important of course that Serviio sees the TV or BD player as the renderer, and uses its profile to decide its capabilities and whether transcoding is required, etc.

I thought the above was called "casting", but I've seen discussions of "casting" that involve continued control of the TV with the app. There's nothing wrong with that extra capability, as long as it's not _required_ to keep the app running for the duration of the video playback.

I'm not sure if I'm describing an enhancement to ServiiGo, or if I just don't have the right playback video app installed on my phone.

This is an enhancement to ServiiGo (https://bitbucket.org/willlunniss/servi ... nt-to-push). Unfortunately its requires quite a lot of work in order to get right, which is why its been ignored for a while now.

Casting is very similar, but only a few devices support it.

I'm going to be able to spend more time on ServiiGo now, so once i've got my current high priority tasks done I can revist DLNA control point support and plan how and when to do it.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 am

New beta time, the main feature is access group support for users running Serviio 1.5. It also includes a number of improvements for TV uses especially those experimenting with Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. Finally there are a number of internal improvements to the exerimental cast support.

Code:
==== 4.3 Beta 1 ====
*Added support for Access Groups (Serviio 1.5+)
*Always hide empty folders
*Require Serviio 1.3+ when running on a TV/STB device
*Generic TV/STB devices can now use the Google TV profile
*Default to Original quality for TV/STB devices
*Select the video player based on mime types rather than profile ids
*Further performance improvements
*Various minor bug fixes and improvements
*Updated libraries and build tools
*Cast images directory from the image gallery
*Lots of internal improvements to managing cast state
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks Will.
I'll wait for OTA from Play store

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

ASAP

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Viewing Image Offline feature in ServiiGo

Is it possible to allow viewing images that are already cached when there is no internet?

I was in a plane and I wanted to show some pictures of my kids to my friend that was flying with me but when I try to opening the App, it did not allowed me to view any images. :( :( :( The work around was to use another app and navigate to the cached folder where ServiioGo stores the images. It would have been nice if ServiioGo still able to function when there is no internet (able to show images that are cached when there is no internet)
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:15 am

ASAP wrote:Viewing Image Offline feature in ServiiGo

Is it possible to allow viewing images that are already cached when there is no internet?

I was in a plane and I wanted to show some pictures of my kids to my friend that was flying with me but when I try to opening the App, it did not allowed me to view any images. :( :( :( The work around was to use another app and navigate to the cached folder where ServiioGo stores the images. It would have been nice if ServiioGo still able to function when there is no internet (able to show images that are cached when there is no internet)

At the moment, no. However, this is something I have been working towards in previous updates and am close to being able to enable. It may be done in time for the next big version (5.0).
Will

<<

sailorickm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:30 pm

My 46" Samsung F6400 TV has a Plex client app, but I'm not interested in switching away from Serviio. Will we ever see ServiiGo or something similar (with _full_ metadata) running on TVs? I have this Samsung and 2011 Sony Bravia.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 pm

sailorickm wrote:My 46" Samsung F6400 TV has a Plex client app, but I'm not interested in switching away from Serviio. Will we ever see ServiiGo or something similar (with _full_ metadata) running on TVs? I have this Samsung and 2011 Sony Bravia.

Realistically, I will not be porting ServiiGo to any non-android platform. It would mean effectively starting from scratch, and I simply don't have the time to do so. However, I plan to have full support for Android TV and Chromecast. But obviously this requires additional hardware/upgrades.

It may be feasible to package a modified version of MediaBrowser as a smart TV client, but that would be a question for Petr.
Will

<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:06 pm

I've not got 1.5 b2 on the go yet but wondering with the new access controls and ServiiGo can I restricted all external devices to only view certain folders ?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:46 pm

NX3 wrote:I've not got 1.5 b2 on the go yet but wondering with the new access controls and ServiiGo can I restricted all external devices to only view certain folders ?

Kind of, provided you do not hand out the password. If you personally set ServiiGo up on each device manually, or the device owner sets ServiiGo up using automatic setup when connected to your home WiFi network and you have set the default access group to limited, then they will be restricted to limited access content. (ServiiGo will use the default access group when setup automatically).

The full solution will be to have multiple user accounts/passwords, each with a different access group, which would be required for MediaBrowser to support access groups, so vote on the issue if this is important to you https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... tiple-user
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 pm

I've just uploaded 4.3 to Google Play. No notable changes from the beta, just some extra fixes.

Code:
==== 4.3 ====
*Added support for Access Groups (Serviio 1.5+) (#79)
*Always hide empty folders
*Require Serviio 1.3+ when running on a TV/STB device
*Generic TV/STB devices can now use the Google TV profile
*Default to Original quality for TV/STB devices
*Select the video player based on mime types rather than profile ids
*Further performance improvements
*Various minor bug fixes and improvements
*Updated libraries and build tools
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Chromecast Update

A quick update on Chromecast support. The receiver web app uses the cast library and a media player library for HLS playback. Unfortunately HLS playback in the more recent versions of the media player library is not reliable for the streams generated on the fly. Luckily enough devs are trying to transcode on the fly and have been complaining that they have finally said they will look it into it. However, until I can get reliable playback on the latest version of the media player library, I will not be making chromecast support available to anyone except those that ask. This is because it may well completely break if they update the core firmware in such a way that it doesn't work with the very old version of the media player library that I'm currently using.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:22 pm

I've just uploaded a small fix release.

Code:
==== 4.3.1 ====
*Fixed crash in the Add Server Activity
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Thanks Will.
It's OK for Android TV?

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:29 pm

bengio wrote:Thanks Will.
It's OK for Android TV?

I haven't added a proper TV UI yet, so it won't be very good, but it should work (although I haven't tried it yet).
Will

<<

bengio

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: R: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

will wrote:I haven't added a proper TV UI yet, so it won't be very good, but it should work (although I haven't tried it yet).

Thanks for reply

ServiiGo beta tester
<<

spietrza

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:13 am

I just installed ServiiGo ver 4.3.2 but i didint find any information about how use this soft with ChromeCast.
Ofc when i press play i can choose other player LocalCast and movie start but transcoding doesnt work ??

if anyone solve this problem ??
PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration