ServiioTube (chrome extension)

<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: ServiioTube (chrome extension)

Msat wrote:Hi,
Thank you for your response.
Under http://www.youtube.com/view_all_playlists I can see my playlists (I created one for testing the extension), but there is no Serviio button next to "Edit", has described in the extension example.
When I enter the playlist itself:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 0eDXKMFkTF

I can see the button on the right side of the address bar, but it doesn't disappear once I click it (something that occurs when I'm adding other people's playlists). And of course nothings appears in Serviio's console (again, no problem with other's playlists - the extension works fine).
Thank you for your help,

There is a new format for playlists that were not supported. The new version 1.5 now supports the new playlist formats.

Enjoy.
<<

ilikenetworking

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:01 am

Hi,

I installed Serviio, the Youtube plugin and the Chrome extension with no errors.

Yet, when I go to my playlists page or anyone elses playlist page, there is no button next to edit to add the playlist to Serviio. I don't see the icon either on the address bar.

Please help! Thanks in advance!
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:26 pm

ilikenetworking wrote:Hi,

I installed Serviio, the Youtube plugin and the Chrome extension with no errors.

Yet, when I go to my playlists page or anyone elses playlist page, there is no button next to edit to add the playlist to Serviio. I don't see the icon either on the address bar.

Hi, Have you resolved your issue? I can't really explain it. Have you configured your server and tested the connection to it?
<<

ilikenetworking

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the response. The issue hasn't been fixed. I'm totally lost as to a solution...

Could there be a compatibility issue? Maybe a conflict in add-on's?

Thanks!
<<

ilikenetworking

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Oh, forgot to mention, the serviio server works fine and I can stream youtube fine through the server. It's just the part of getting the urls through the extension.

Thanks again!
<<

justman

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi,

I've installed the Serviio Extension for Chrome and it works just fine in chrome.

The problem is whenever it adds my playlist link into serviio library I have to manually open the console click the Add > Save that link then only it works otherwise it show "Error Device Unreachable" on my Samsung TV.

Shouldn't the script be adding the link automatically ?

BTW, I'm using Serviio Ver. 1.2.1

Thanks.
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:51 pm

justman wrote:Hi,

I've installed the Serviio Extension for Chrome and it works just fine in chrome.

The problem is whenever it adds my playlist link into serviio library I have to manually open the console click the Add > Save that link then only it works otherwise it show "Error Device Unreachable" on my Samsung TV.

Shouldn't the script be adding the link automatically ?

BTW, I'm using Serviio Ver. 1.2.1

Thanks.

It should be saving it automatically. It sounds like an issue with serviio not the chrome plugin
<<

justman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 am

rolfwessels wrote:It should be saving it automatically. It sounds like an issue with serviio not the chrome plugin

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The second Playlist onwards it saved with no problems. This only happens with the first playlist. If I delete all playlist in serviio its always the first playlist only with this behaviour everytime.

Otherwise everything else works just fine.

Additional info - If we have more than 1 playlist in our youtube then the refresh button of the serviiotube goes away.
<<

rolfwessels

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:30 pm

justman wrote:
rolfwessels wrote:It should be saving it automatically. It sounds like an issue with serviio not the chrome plugin

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The second Playlist onwards it saved with no problems. This only happens with the first playlist. If I delete all playlist in serviio its always the first playlist only with this behaviour everytime.

Otherwise everything else works just fine.

Additional info - If we have more than 1 playlist in our youtube then the refresh button of the serviiotube goes away.

Interesting. I could force a refresh after adding it but I think that serviio should be doing this naturally. I will check out the refresh button issue.
<<

Rix001

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:05 pm

OK I guess I'm the dummy but this just does not work. When you press the add button in You tube it shows up alright in Serviio console but it truncates the file address as follows:
Alex Goot Music = Name
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... m9jhJN7J1v - this works when manually pasted in
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/R9Gy9nqe - This does not work cause it's missing the critical data (-hDGGsfyq6GHGWm9jhJN7J1v )

Please what am I doing wrong?
<<

darmach

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:01 am

Something is wrong in my case..
it parses url completely omiting actual playlist id!

Example:
Original: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... nghvr3JC3S
Proper: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/-7d2Juasd6-XB59xmGdAwxnghvr3JC3S
Parsed by extension: http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/PL

Any idea?

Also it behaves... weird. For example; when adding multiple playlists it completely ignores first one. Also after correcting playlists addresses manually in serviio console - chrome plugin show playlists on youtube list as "not added" (only yellow circle icon to "add" them to serviio)
<<

intxi

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 am

Hello,

I push the button to add the list to serviio, but it don't appear anything in my console. Could you help me?

Thanks
<<

kevorulez

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:20 am

ilikenetworking wrote:Hi,

I'm getting this problem as well!

My Serviio server is installed on a NAS (DS213j), console installed on my computer. Chrome extension installed, and tested connection to NAS is fine.
However when I open YouTube, the yellow button does not appear. The links in the extension's example page do not show any icons.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
<<

bertie123

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:08 pm

this appears to be broken for me i don't see the icon using chrome 33.0.1750.154 m and the latest version of the plugin
<<

royal

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 17, 2014 3:02 pm

bertie123 wrote:this appears to be broken for me i don't see the icon using chrome 33.0.1750.154 m and the latest version of the plugin

same here
<<

CraigWally

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Same problem for me
installed extension
default settings
but no icon showing in adress bar
or on mange playlists page
Help!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:15 pm

The author has not visited this forum for a year, so I don't think this will get fixed.
Previous

Return to Third-party tools integration