FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiWP - Console Management for Windows Phone

<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:47 pm

ServiiWP - Console Management for Windows Phone

Hi

Some time back I started work on a console control and CDS application for WP7. I got sidetracked by a bug in the WP7 OS that crashed the phone (yes the entire OS) when trying to stream a transcoded ASF file. This put my work on hold for a time.

A couple of weeks back I decided to finish the console application and that work is now complete.
I believe I have all the features from the ordinary console desktop application such as:
* Server and library status,
* Add, edit and delete renderers, local sources and online sources.
* Set access groups for renderers and local and online sources.
* Settings for library, metadata, transcoding, presentation and remote access
* ServiiDB integration for adding new sources
* Support for Serviio ver 1.0.1 and 1.1 beta
- Display of installed plugins for version 1.1
* DNS lookup support.

The first release version is now available on WP Store here:

Hope you will enjoy it.

Regards
René (aka Decap_dk)

PS. I know that another console management app is in the works and sorry for making a competing app. I just wanted to finish this app as it was 80% done at the time I got sidetracked - so here it is.
Last edited by Decap_dk on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Re: ServiiWP - Console Management for Windows Phone

Nice one. Please not that it§s not possible to add a new renderer starting with 1.1.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm

how many copies of it do you think is installed so far? It has hit the serviidb.com database API 120 times so far so looking good.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am

zip wrote:Nice one. Please not that it§s not possible to add a new renderer starting with 1.1.

Yes this fact has been taken into account. I have made the app so that it detects which version of the server you are running and determine console capabilities based on this.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 am

Looks good, will be good to have mobile apps more apps.
What do you mean by the following in terms of the app.
* DNS lookup support.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:59 am

This is a surprise! A lot of features for a first version.

I have an unlocked developer Windows Phone if you ever want anyone to help with testing like I've done with ServiiMetro Windows Phone app.

Do you have CDS API coming to the same app or separate app like ServiiGo?
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 am

will wrote:Looks good, will be good to have mobile apps more apps.
What do you mean by the following in terms of the app.
* DNS lookup support.

This is meant as the ability to use DNS servers such as dyndns or no-ip.org as the entered host instead of direct IP. As I mentioned I do not have the UPnP discovery working on local network yet and therefore rely on manual editing of servers. If you access your console from outside your LAN you will need to enter your "outside" IP or setup a DNS.

Xmantium wrote:This is a surprise! A lot of features for a first version.

I have an unlocked developer Windows Phone if you ever want anyone to help with testing like I've done with ServiiMetro Windows Phone app.

Do you have CDS API coming to the same app or separate app like ServiiGo?

Thanks. If anyone is interested in beta testing please pm me with your email and I make a beta test version available.

Regarding CDS I currently think it will be a serapate app. I might merge the two at some point.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Decap_dk wrote:This is meant as the ability to use DNS servers such as dyndns or no-ip.org as the entered host instead of direct IP. As I mentioned I do not have the UPnP discovery working on local network yet and therefore rely on manual editing of servers. If you access your console from outside your LAN you will need to enter your "outside" IP or setup a DNS.

Ah OK.

Regarding CDS I currently think it will be a serapate app. I might merge the two at some point.

I would recommend that it is seperate, they have very different functions, target a subset of users and will have different update schedules.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

will wrote:I would recommend that it is seperate, they have very different functions, target a subset of users and will have different update schedules.

I agree now, at first I wasn't but it makes sense for the developer and end users.
But would be cool after having a "Pro" paid version that does include both
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Xmantium wrote:But would be cool after having a "Pro" paid version that does include both
The only benifit of combining them is that there user has to press install once rather than twice, at least on Android, the only other benifit is that if both apps use a large amount of common code/resources you might save <1MB of on board storage, other than that you get quite a few downsides. Unless you had something in mind?
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Decap_dk, any updates when ServiiWP is released to Windows Phone Marketplace?
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 am

Xmantium wrote:Decap_dk, any updates when ServiiWP is released to Windows Phone Marketplace?

Hi. I have had it for certification for over a week now so hopefully soon. Ordinarily they release new apps and updates around Wednesday or Thursday so hopefully at that time (if not sooner). Have you had time to test the beta version I send you? Any feedback?
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Decap_dk wrote:Have you had time to test the beta version I send you? Any feedback?

Ah!! just checked my email now! Sorry will check it tonight
xap file is fine with me, would you want beta feedback here, by email or have you got a website/git set up?

I'll keep the official releases feedback here like i do with ServiiDroid ;)

BTW, which country are you from? Might be delayed for the UK
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:59 am

Great news everyone. The ServiiWP console management application is now available in the Windows Phone Store.

Get it here:

Hope you enjoy it...
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 am

Well done, mate.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:13 am

Excellent! I'm still not home yet to test it out.

I've noticed you've also got MediaHub app that uses sabnzbd and Sickbeard! (sad day for nzbmatrix uses :( ) I think yours is better than the other WP Sickbeard app that's not being updated anymore.
I've always said sabnzbd + serviio = best media server ever! But the only problem was Serviio didn't update library as soon it downloaded a video file. I got round this by using this custom python script. Are you able to include auto update Serviio integration in your MediaHub app?

Also you should update the main post with the link.
Looking forward to CDS Pro features coming to Windows Phone!
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Xmantium wrote:But the only problem was Serviio didn't update library as soon it downloaded a video file. I got round this by using this custom python script. Are you able to include auto update Serviio integration in your MediaHub app?

Could you not just add this script to your sabnzbd post processing scripts for the different categories?

I am not to fond of integrating a lot of different "special case" features from other servers/services. This will overall suite a minority of people with very specific use cases and I try to keep the focus of MediaHub on SABnzbd, Sick Beard and CouchPotato. In the future I might add services but currently don't see Serviio as one that fits.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:38 pm

I see what mean. Having the python script is easy and simple.
And with ServiiWP users can update the library as they choose.
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Found the app to be very stable and working well. ServiiDB works amazingly well!

I will email directly with some feedback very soon ;)

ServiiWP users on this forum, please tell us your thought and comments.

Ps. Zip or moderators, can we make this a sticky forum post, easy to access.
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 am

Hi all

Thanks for all the feedback. I have already submitted a new updated version that fixes a bug that crashed the app when pressing refresh repeatedly and implemented zip's comments.

I also want to let you all know that I have started work on a CDS playback application. I already have the basic api calls up and running and a demo app that can browse content and start playback. It will be developed for WP7 and 8 with primary focus on WP8 as a critical bug in the WP7 OS prevent playback of transcoded video. Audio should be fine.

Stay tuned.
Next

Return to Third-party tools integration