FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Client

<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Serviio Client

I just noticed the thread about ServiioW by Decap_dk. It sounds great, and I'm pretty curious for the screenshots.

In the last few weeks, I've been working on a pet project of my own. It's also Windows 8 related, but this time not for Windows Phone. Yes, I know that Windows 8 supports DLNA out of the box, but I prefer another way of navigation. That's why I've created my own version, which has kind of the same interface as the Music app on Windows 8.

Screenshots are uploaded to ImageShack (they're rather big).

Features for now:

[Login]
+ Supports both ip and dns names
+ Supports SSL (for those who use apache with mod-proxy and https)
+ Supports autologin (for if you always use the same server)
- No autosearch servers yet, like the WP client (great idea btw!)

[Main page]
+ Shows random albums
+ Shows latest added videos
+ Shows some images from a random folder
+ Has a mediacontroller like the Music app in the bottom appbar
+ Show video information and start playing
+ Shows album cover, tracks and allows to add albums or songs to the playlist

[Folder browser]
+ Allows to browse the Serviio folders
+ Has a mediacontroller like the Music app in the bottom appbar
+ Shows audio, video and images with thumbnail
+ Supports incremental loading (don't load all items at all, but 30 at a time)
+ Allows to add one or more songs to the playlist

[Image viewer] (no screenshot)
+ Supports back and forward (if applicable)
+ Includes basic slideshow

[Video] (no screenshot)
+ Plays videos fullscreen
+ Supports subtitles
- Scrubbing is not supported at the moment

[Now playing] (no screenshot)
+ Shows cover, tries to download a big version of the cover of the internet
+ Shows the current playlist
+ Background playback, also under lockscreen (so you can leave the application)
+ Supports for MediaControl (the default audio controller of Windows 8 in the top left corner) and Notifications when changing the song and the app doesn't have the focus
+ Gapless playback

Unfortunately, it's not very easy to give the application out for testing. I think you'll guys have to wait for release and acceptance by Microsoft. This will take some more time to finetune the application and remove most bugs. Also, I have to focus on portrait mode a bit ;)
Linksys WRT320N | Samsung PS-50C7700 | Microsoft XBOX 360 | Windows 8.1 | Linux Ubuntu 13.04
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Serviio Client

OOO!!! this is interesting, was wondering when someone will come with a Windows 8 app!
Im looking to buy a Surface Pro.

May have to change the name - Servii8 - the best name i can think of!!
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Let me know if you want to access the serviidb api

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:04 am

Great. Two things, are you using the CDS Serviio api or is this a standard DLNA renderer app? Also, please use a different background image than that from MediaBrowser. Did you check out Multimedia8 app? I like how that is laid out too.
<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:03 pm

Zip, it's using the CDS API, since it gives more information. I've been thinking about "just" DLNA, but focussed on Serviio instead.

And sure, I'll try a different background. Or none...not sure yet. I'm just not a graphic artist, and this was the easiest at the moment.
Linksys WRT320N | Samsung PS-50C7700 | Microsoft XBOX 360 | Windows 8.1 | Linux Ubuntu 13.04
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Theres so many on Google images and DeviantArt

Whats would be cool giving the user choice to upload their own custom background.
ServiiGo uses online TV and Movie databases to dynamically change its background, works very cool on tablets.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Decap_dk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi.

Looking interesting. I had thought of doing something like this myself (once I finish the WP app). I see you are downloading additional music info (artwork) from the internet. What API are you using? I want to add this to Serviiew also but have been unable to find a proper music information API.
<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

I've been using the API of AllCdCovers. I think I'll remove it eventually, because they don't have a clear policy on using the images. So you can search for the albums, but it's not clear if we can use the information. Convenient, eh? :) Maybe I'll post in their forums first.

Also, I've added TVDB and TMDB classes, to download fanart when having the VideoView open. It looks quite awesome to see the fanarts in fullscreen when you've opened the movie information. I'll post screens soon.

The background is changed to a simple gradient. It's more relaxed too.

Return to Third-party tools integration