FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using Serviio with Kodi?

<<

bushfilm

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:50 pm

Using Serviio with Kodi?

Hi, I'm new to Serviio so please bear with some dumb newbie questions. I am trying to use Kodi with Serviio to send media to my Sony Bravia TV, with DLNA. I don't have a clue how to do this, but I think it must be possible. Can someone walk me through the steps to make this happen? Appreciate it very much; thanks in advance for your help!
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:59 am

Re: Using Serviio with Kodi?

not possible
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 am

Old post now - but may well be possible depending on the user's situation
eg. if Kodi is running on a PC that is connected to a TV via HDMI cable, Kodi can then connect via DLNA to the Serviio server. I'd question why you'd do it this way, but it is possible.
As this was posted in the plug-in section of the forum, the question may have been "is there a plugin to do this" and no, there isn't.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:32 am

The only way I can kind of get this to work is I have kodi on my phone and play a movie through an addon link to mx player on my phone, then copy the link to serviio through web console on my phone's browser, then play the link through the online folder in serviio. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt depending on how fast the authentication for the site you are watching resets.

Ideally it would be nice to click the link in kodi and have serviio do the transcoding. Lots of people want this and I have seen them ask on many boards (plex, kodi, everyone says impossible atm)
<<

ackwdw123

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:57 am

Stick Kodi on a Raspberry Pi unit. Connect the Raspberry Pi HDMI out to TV. Start up Kodi, connect to Serviio via Upnp and stream your movies.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 am

I think this pi way and with the PC, there is still no way to utilize the add-on streams.

To those unfamiliar with Kodi add-ons, they automatically parse hls or some streaming links from human readable text list of movies or shows. You click on whatever the you want to see and there are usually a few links to it.

My Chromecast says some crap about wrong codec and Blu-ray says nothing just never plays, but if played natively in Kodi it works.

I think op and definitely myself are trying to tie together Kodi add-ons link parsing with Serviio transcoding so we can click and watch with Kodi on a phone as remote and Media browser playing the stream on a Chromecast, Blu-ray, and such.

Serviio will play the streams if properly entered into the console but it's tedious at best this way, a combination would change the game.

Hope this makes sense.

Return to Available plugins