FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

YouTube

<<

Combat Jack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: YouTube

Youtube Plugin no longer works properly after I updated to Serviio version 1.6.1

All I get is corrupted video and audio when playing videos. Used to work fine in previous versions of Serviio.

Device Name: Samsung DTV DMR

Profile: Samsung TV / player (C/D series)

Considering the problem may actually be Serviio itself I am going to post this also the main part of the forum.

Update: the Youtube videos streamed on my Android tablet fine so I doubt it is plugin. Perhaps problem is the Profile with the new version.
<<

jayhawk81

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:47 pm

@ Combat Jack, did you find a resolution to playing YouTube videos on your Samsung? I updated to 1.6.1 last night, and I am experiencing the same issue as you described. My TV is D series Samsung, and YouTube used to work before I upgraded to 1.6.1.

Thanks
Jay
<<

Combat Jack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:20 am

jayhawk81 wrote:@ Combat Jack, did you find a resolution to playing YouTube videos on your Samsung? I updated to 1.6.1 last night, and I am experiencing the same issue as you described. My TV is D series Samsung, and YouTube used to work before I upgraded to 1.6.1.

The only way I could get Youtube videos to work was to switch to "Generic DLNA profile". This works but if you want to stream a .MKV file you get the error about format not supported with the generic profile.
<<

jayhawk81

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks. I am thinking of copying my old profile.xml, to try on 1.6.1. I will let you if it works.

Jay.
<<

jayhawk81

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 am

Using the old profile.xml does not work. Like you I am using generic profile, until I need to transcode an MKV file.

Thanks
Jay
<<

gnomo1984

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:38 am

Hi!

I had the same online sources problem after update to last version, and I have modified the profile settings "C: \ Program Files \ Serviio \ config \ Profiles.xml" for my TV: (Samsung c / d series):

In my "Profiles.xml" profile for my TV is: <profile id = "7" name = "Samsung TV / player (C / D-series)" extendsProfileId = "sam_ef">

I changed in this way, and it seems to work both: mkv, and online resources (youtube)..................before edit it, make a backup copy:

Code:
   <Profile id="7" name="Samsung TV / player (C/D-series)" extendsProfileId="sam_ef">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>(^TV-\d{2}C\d{3}.*)|(^\[TV\][A-Z]{2}\d{2}(D)[A-Z]?\d{3,4}.*)|^\[TV\] Samsung</FriendlyName>            
            <ModelNumber>(1\.0)|(AllShare1\.0)</ModelNumber>
         </UPnPSearch>   
         <HttpHeaders>
            <!-- for BD players -->
            <User-Agent>(.*SEC_HHP_BD-[CD].*)|(.*SEC_HHP_\[(HT|BD)\][CD].*)</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <H264LevelCheck>ANY</H264LevelCheck>
      <Transcoding>
         <Image forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="raw"/>
         </Image>         
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
            <Matches container="mp4"/>
            <Matches container="flv" vCodec="h264"/>         
             <Matches container="applehttp" vCodec="h264"/>
         </Video>
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="rtp"/>
            <Matches container="rtsp"/>
            <Matches container="applehttp"/>
            <Matches container="mjpeg"/>
         </Video>
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
            <Matches container="asf"/> <!-- to support mms:// streams -->
            <Matches container="flv"/>
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mp3" aBitrate="320" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="flv"/>
            <Matches container="asf"/>
            <Matches container="rtp"/>
            <Matches container="rtsp"/>
            <Matches container="mp3"/>   
            <Matches container="mp4"/>         
         </Audio>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <GenericTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" />
      </GenericTranscoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>false</AutomaticImageRotation>
      <AllowedImageResolutions large="4096x4096" medium="1024x768" small="640x480" />
      <LimitImageResolution>true</LimitImageResolution>
      <Subtitles>
         <SoftSubs mime-type="text/srt" />
         <HardSubs>
            <BitmapBased supported="true"/>
            <TextBased supported="true">
               <RequiredFor container="*"/>
            </TextBased>
         </HardSubs>
      </Subtitles>   
      <ThumbnailsResolution>DLNA</ThumbnailsResolution>
      <AllowChunkedTransfer>true</AllowChunkedTransfer>
   </Profile>
<<

jayhawk81

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:37 pm

@gnomo1984, your solution works. Thanks for sharing.

Jay
<<

YakkoW

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:48 am

I'm trying to add some myself, but all I get is a popup box that says "The stream URL is not valid or is not currently available". I've tried these two (unrelated) URLs:

https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?forUsername=BYUTelevision
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?id=UC35SFf8g92EhFF3nLfLXGOg

If I check the serviio.log file, there's nothing. (I mean, there's stuff in there, including I see a reference that the Youtube.groovy plugin was loaded, but nothing appears at the end of the log when I try to submit the link.)

Am I doing something wrong?
<<

blacklotuss

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:51 am

As far as I understand you are not doing anything wrong... Youtube has updated it's API and this plugin has yet to do the same.

Code:
{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "global",
    "reason": "required",
    "message": "Required parameter: part",
    "locationType": "parameter",
    "location": "part"
   }
  ],
  "code": 400,
  "message": "Required parameter: part"
 }
}

This is what you get when using these type of addresses.
<<

Combat Jack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Yup, gnomo1984, your solution for the corrupted video works. Much thanks!
<<

Krangh

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 02, 2016 11:08 am

Where is the profiles.xml on Mac OS?

I found one in <OS Disk>/Library/Application Support/serviio/profiles.xml but it doesn't seem to be the correct one, because I edited the file and put a complete new profile in it with id "Test" and name "Test" just to see if the file is correct.
But I don't see the new profile when I restart serviio.

Also if I just copy paste the code from gnomo it doesn't work too. My TV is also Samsung D series.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 03, 2016 11:19 am

That is the right profiles file. Maybe you didn't actually restart he serviio process: http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q13

Also, can you try this solution?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21960#p108517
<<

Krangh

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 04, 2016 6:23 am

Hey zip, thanks for your answer.

I tried your first link first and it solved my problem. It was actually me doing it wrong.
After stopping and restarting the service via Terminal command it is now working for both .mkv files and online videos. :)

Thanks man
<<

Combat Jack

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 06, 2016 7:13 am

Can confirm Zip's fix works on Samsung D Series TV. Great work.
<<

Spaceboy64

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 pm

I used to be able to watch YouTube videos with this plug-in, but now all my links give me the "corrupted video" error. I just noticed this a few days ago.
I use a Sony Media Player SMP -N200.
Is there a solution to this?

Thanks!
<<

MegaMike

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu May 12, 2016 6:36 pm

I tried gnomo1984's solution regarding editing the xml file like he said. I downloaded an xml editor, but I have absolutely no experience doing this. Therefore, is it possible that someone can upload this modified file in total? Then I just have to download it and place it in the appropriate Serviio folder on my computer as is. I suspect that this will solve the problem.

Or maybe the great folks at Serviio can place this on their bug list and include the solution in their next Serviio update.
<<

Spaceboy64

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 pm

I looked at that, but I don't really know that much about the XML code. I looked for where I thought that section of code should go, but it's just not clear enough, and I have a different device, a Sony SMP-N200 media player, so the code may not be right for my device.

I think the plug-in needs to be changed. YouTube is really making things difficult. I used to be able to watch YouTube natively on my media player. It had a YouTube app, but since they changed to HTML5 it stopped working. So then, I found this plug-in and I could watch YouTube again, for awhile.

Any chance this plug-in will be fixed?

Thanks!
<<

MegaMike

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 24, 2016 3:00 pm

To my shock and surprise, I was able to use gnomo1984's solution. I'm not surprised because his solution worked. But rather because I was actually able to figure out how to edit and XML file. With the exceptions noted below, this is now working on my Samsung C model TV. I've posted a complete version of the updated file that gnomo1984 talked about to this post. I you, like me, are all thumbs when it comes to editing these complex files, then just download this update and copy it to the directly "C: \ Program Files \ Serviio \ config \ Profiles.xml". But first remember to back up the original file by copying it to a safe place, just in case something goes wrong.

Review the instructions in this post: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26089

Lastly, I am still having minor issues, but I'm not sure if it's YouTube or serviio or my Samsung TV. I have a You Tube playlist with 35 music videos. Of those 35, serviio displays 15. Of those 15, only one plays the first time through. Four others started, but then quit in one or two seconds. I tried to play these vids a second time without leaving the folder. This time those four that stopped playing the first time played without a problem the second time. Not sure what happened in between there.

I then left this playlist and went to another. Then came back and experienced the same performance as before. I also get the error "Not supported file format". Not sure what's up with that.
Attachments
profiles.xml
(157.06 KiB) Downloaded 1202 times
<<

MegaMike

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 24, 2016 3:07 pm

How to remove a YouTube playlist from serviio

I am enjoying the new 1.6.1 version of serviio. With a bit of help and luck, I can now stream online videos from my YouTube playlist to my TV. I have used the new Firefox plugin (very handy and simple to use) to add playlists to serviio. But how do I delete a playlist from serviio without deleting it from YouTube??

Can anyone help me with this? :?:

Call me bewildered.
Last edited by MegaMike on Mon May 30, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Spaceboy64

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 24, 2016 5:51 pm

MegaMike wrote:To my shock and surprise, I was able to use gnomo1984's solution.

Thanks MegaMike! I may try this. But, I just ordered a new Android set top box from China, so when I get that, I won't need to go through Serviio because it has the YouTube Android app. It also has Kodi, Netflix, Amazon and whatever else is available on Google Play.

Hopefully it will also work with Serviio.

Thanks,
-Don
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins