FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

YouTube

<<

edsenos

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Re: YouTube

stefana888 wrote:All official music videos are protected and doesn't show up....

in my case, even homemade videos (for example) don't show up... :?
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Now I know.... Atm "private videos" cannot be handeled. I may fix that...
<<

edsenos

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:13 pm

it would be nice, thanks...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
<<

Tarrasque

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 am

It would seem for YouTube and other online resources it only streams in low res to devices. Using serviioGo it has the resolution shown to be 640x380 for every item evert playlist.

Changing the video online playback quality under the settings doesn't derm to make any difference.

-----

Scratch that, looks like setting quality to high then stopping and starting the server fixed it..
<<

Supernova

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Has anyone had success with playlists?

Adding youtube channels works fine for me but has not managed yet with playlists.
For instance for the following playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... dG5ngc4Zxa

I enter http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/play ... gc4Zxa?v=2 but it does not work.
According to the wiki I remove PL from the beginning. One more thing is that in the wiki it talks about a 16 character playlist code while the code that I get is way longer.

Any ideas?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:42 am

The wiki is no longer correct since youtube has obsoleted V2 of its api.
Use the URL formats posted in the first post of this youtube plugin thread:
Playlist
Use this URL as the resource URL:

Code:
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/p ... LAYLIST_ID
<<

Supernova

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 pm

jhb50 wrote:The wiki is no longer correct since youtube has obsoleted V2 of its api.
Use the URL formats posted in the first post of this youtube plugin thread:
Playlist
Use this URL as the resource URL:

Code:
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/p ... LAYLIST_ID

Thanks a lot! It is working now!
<<

Supernova

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Two more questions:

1- How can I have the videos play in 4k? (of course the ones which are recorded in 4K). I have set the "preferred online content quality" to High in the GUI. But the max resolution I get is 1280x720

2- How to have all the videos in a playlist loaded and available ? For various playlist, it only loads different (random) number of videos but not all. I have set the "max. number of feed items to retrieve" to unlimited but to no avail.
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Supernova wrote:Two more questions:

1- How can I have the videos play in 4k? (of course the ones which are recorded in 4K). I have set the "preferred online content quality" to High in the GUI. But the max resolution I get is 1280x720

2- How to have all the videos in a playlist loaded and available ? For various playlist, it only loads different (random) number of videos but not all. I have set the "max. number of feed items to retrieve" to unlimited but to no avail.

This is not supported. 1. You can try add format codes to the plugin. 2. API page tokens can be used to retrieve more than 50 items.
<<

Supernova

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:17 pm

stefana888 wrote:
Supernova wrote:Two more questions:

This is not supported. 1. You can try add format codes to the plugin. 2. API page tokens can be used to retrieve more than 50 items.

Hi Guys,
Here is my updates on the plugin to support loading a complete playlist and paging. Moreover, I discovered a problem with "private videos" in playlists which crashes the plugin and made a small fix for that.

To do:
----------
- Enable to play 4K videos (I have no idea at the moment how it can be done :( )

- There is a small bug(?) in the plugin (both this and the original version) that some videos in the playlist which are correctly fetched by the plugin are not shown on TV! For example in a playlist of 190 videos, it shows 185;i.e., in a set of videos A,B,C, D, E, F it can happen that only A,B,C,F are shown.
Attachments
Youtube.groovy
- Updated to load a complete playlist (paging support)
- Fixed to prevent a nasty bug with private videos which causes the plugin to crash
(9.92 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Code:
final availableFormats = ['38', '37', '46', '22', '45', '35', '34', '18', '44', '43', '6', '5']

4k format is added to the list above.
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:33 pm

"Private video" bug is known already (see previos posts).

Code:
additionalInfo : ['videoId' : resourceUrl.toString().contains("/videos?") ? it.id : resourceUrl.toString().contains("/search?") ? it.id.videoId

Without above "videos" and "search" API requests are not working due to different json keys for video id.
<<

Porske

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:44 pm

hi
I have some problem with this plugin,
I found the channel ID
  Code:
 UCp68_FLety0O-n9QU6phsgw

and I make the rss link for serviio
  Code:
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?id=UCp68_FLety0O-n9QU6phsgw

but nothing displayed in serviio (also trying with the username) and if I try to open it on firefox this is the result:
http://i.minus.com/ibfnna7zleQfgj.png

I I try to use
  Code:
https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UCp68_FLety0O-n9QU6phsgw

I can see the item but inside is empty, do not load the videos.
But if I open the link with firefox
http://i.minus.com/ibbtEAqBZrPZQg.png

I using serviio 1.5.1 on Lubuntu 14.04, in the plugin folder there is only first post's Youtube.groovy, where I wrong?

thanks for your help :)
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Set plugin type to "Web resource", not rss. Don't worry about the web browser response.
<<

Porske

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:41 am

Thanks very much! It's work like a charm!!!
<<

Lokotito

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:12 pm

I am runing JAIL of Serviio v1.5.2 (in Nas4Free v9)
Download plugin from fisrt post.
Install plugin in [JAIL]/var/db/serviio/home/plugins
Youtube.groovy

WebGui, under LIBRARY->INSTALLED PLUGINS , says "YouTube 4"

I restart the Jail and all shares works ok, even my live stream for my IPCAM.

Identify my YT channel:
  Code:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg

CHANNEL_ID= UCmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg

Try add live source:
WEB RESORUCE:
  Code:
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?id=UCmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg

None YT link in Serviio DLNA (even after a JAIL restart)

Change, RSS:
  Code:
https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UCmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg

None YT link in Serviio DLNA (even after a JAIL restart)

Try to delete and did the same process but starting for RSS later WEB RESOURSE, but none YT link in Serviio DLNA

I access servio with my Samsung Serie H TV, and also with my Android Phone (with BubbleUPNP).

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Web resource should be used. I see nothing wrong. Could you post a detailed log?
<<

Lokotito

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:50 am

Well I found this error in my serviio server:
With my channel LINK:
  Code:
2015-08-23 07:56:58,371 WARN  [FeedUpdaterWorker] An error occured while parsing the online resource https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?id=UCmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg, will try again soon: Unexpected error while invoking plugin (YouTube): The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty.
org.serviio.library.online.metadata.OnlineResourceParseException: Unexpected error while invoking plugin (YouTube): The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty.
   at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceParser.parse(WebResourceParser.java:78)
   at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResource(OnlineLibraryManager.java:186)
   at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResourceInCacheOrParse(OnlineLibraryManager.java:203)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterWorker.getOnlineItems(FeedUpdaterWorker.java:191)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterWorker.run(FeedUpdaterWorker.java:108)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty.
   at groovy.json.JsonSlurper.parseText(JsonSlurper.java:56)
   at groovy.json.JsonSlurper$parseText.call(Unknown Source)
   at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:42)
   at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
   at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)
   at YouTube.extractItems(Youtube.groovy:44)
   at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceUrlExtractor$1.executePluginMethod(WebResourceUrlExtractor.java:32)
   at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceUrlExtractor$1.executePluginMethod(WebResourceUrlExtractor.java:29)
   at org.serviio.library.online.PluginExecutionProcessor$1.call(PluginExecutionProcessor.java:50)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

Try also with MOSTPOPULAR, similar error:
  Code:
2015-08-23 07:45:01,697 WARN  [FeedUpdaterWorker] An error occured while parsing the online resource https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?chart=mostPopular, will try again soon: Unexpected error while invoking plugin (YouTube): The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty.
org.serviio.library.online.metadata.OnlineResourceParseException: Unexpected error while invoking plugin (YouTube): The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty.
   at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceParser.parse(WebResourceParser.java:78)
   at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResource(OnlineLibraryManager.java:186)
   at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResourceInCacheOrParse(OnlineLibraryManager.java:203)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterWorker.getOnlineItems(FeedUpdaterWorker.java:191)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterWorker.run(FeedUpdaterWorker.java:108)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty.
   at groovy.json.JsonSlurper.parseText(JsonSlurper.java:56)
   at groovy.json.JsonSlurper$parseText.call(Unknown Source)
   at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:42)
   at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
   at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:116)
   at YouTube.extractItems(Youtube.groovy:52)
   at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceUrlExtractor$1.executePluginMethod(WebResourceUrlExtractor.java:32)
   at org.serviio.library.online.WebResourceUrlExtractor$1.executePluginMethod(WebResourceUrlExtractor.java:29)
   at org.serviio.library.online.PluginExecutionProcessor$1.call(PluginExecutionProcessor.java:50)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

Don't know much about these.
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 am

I don't have this issue. Are more having it?

The plugin recieves this JSON result from first link:
  Code:
{
 "kind": "youtube#channelListResponse",
 "etag": "\"sGDdEsjSJ_SnACpEvVQ6MtTzkrI/Pj9gioMX35M57a5fJspKzUDnWlE\"",
 "pageInfo": {
  "totalResults": 1,
  "resultsPerPage": 1
 },
 "items": [
  {
   "kind": "youtube#channel",
   "etag": "\"sGDdEsjSJ_SnACpEvVQ6MtTzkrI/YtL95MY8HzCSDU1OdZtJiMn80a4\"",
   "id": "UCmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg",
   "contentDetails": {
    "relatedPlaylists": {
     "likes": "LLmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg",
     "uploads": "UUmk5QB4JE-RT3ig4kvtVYxg"
    },
    "googlePlusUserId": "105728480187241807921"
   }
  }
 ]
}
<<

iliecsorin

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Hello.
New plugin version works fine but:
I have 3 playlists, only few videos from them are shown. Settings from Serviio are Max number feeds unlimited, expiry interval 24 hours, content quality medium.
Don't know if transcoding has anything to do with it but is checked, as always has been.
Here is the link for one playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL12AB37DD8353A757
Settings are correct, otherwise no video or folder should be shown.
Playlist is public, has 43 videos but is loading only 12 videos. Could be related to some protected videos, I don't know.

The only feeds that are working so far in Serviio are Youtube and Xvideo :)
Not exactly what a child would expect !
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins