FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wimp.com

<<

appiem

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:50 am

Wimp.com

gujju1973 wrote:I would like to request a plugin for wimp.com videos. The site has a link for rss feed but when you add it to Serviio, it does not shows any videos, but when you enter the same link in a browser, you get a list of videos.

Thanks.
Attachments
WimpCom.groovy
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 632 times
<<

gujju1973

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Re: Wimp.com plugin

I installed the plugin and then add the feed http://www.wimp.com/rss but still do not see any videos. Am I doing anything wrong? Please advise.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:27 pm

gujju1973 wrote:I installed the plugin and then add the feed http://www.wimp.com/rss but still do not see any videos. Am I doing anything wrong? Please advise.

are these LIVE videos?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

gujju1973

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:15 pm

No, these are not LIVE feeds....just a collection of vides files.
<<

appiem

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:56 pm

gujju1973 wrote:I installed the plugin and then add the feed http://www.wimp.com/rss but still do not see any videos. Am I doing anything wrong? Please advise.

For me it works, look at serviio.log for entry:
INFO [PluginCompilerThread] Added plugin WimpCom (WimpCom.groovy)
or errors
<<

gujju1973

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes I see the plugin load properly but when I add in the feed to the online sources, I don't see any video files.
<<

appiem

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Adjusted plugin for.
Source Url: http://www.wimp.com/rss
Attachments
WimpCom v1.1.groovy
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Wimp.com

was the previous poster's issue ever resolved. i am having the same issue. plugin installed however no videos show in online feeds folder.have tried the first plugin and the one that was just updated.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 pm

iheartninjas wrote:was the previous poster's issue ever resolved. i am having the same issue. plugin installed however no videos show in online feeds folder.have tried the first plugin and the one that was just updated.

Do the files appear if you use AV media controler form intel tools ?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:29 pm

yes the files appear in av media controller
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 pm

then its not a plugin issue but a profile issue.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:47 pm

forgive me but i dont fully understand your reply. what do you mean a profile issue? this is my first time attempting to use the plugins so the terminology is still somewhat new for me. i have made an attempt to use six plugins including youtube, discovery, dogtoons, wimp, etc. the only one that is not showing any videos is wimp.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:49 pm

profile.xml contains rules for transcoding of online files aswell as local files. please start a topic in the relevant support forum for your device and supply information on file that wont play/appear on your device.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:55 pm

ok if anyone is willing to deal with my ignorance on this please instruct me how to use ffmpeg -i to "supply information on file that wont play/appear" on my device. i know how to use ffmpeg just unsure how to provide the video file details since they don't appear. thanx

updating my post. i installed latest static build of ffmpeg. this seems to have taken care of the issue that i was having. the video files from http://www.wimp.com/rss now show in feeds folder. update is here:
http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=win_ffmpeg
<<

arunciks

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:41 pm

replaced ffmpeg... but no solution getting this error:

2012-02-17 20:33:30,889 WARN [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve online item information for http://rom.wimp.com/videosnull. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveAVMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:273)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveTechnicalMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:208)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:101)
Caused by: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.validateCodecsFound(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:344)
at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:87)
at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveAVMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:255)
... 2 more
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:06 am

I also get a similar message:

Code:
2012-09-08 18:31:43,078 WARN  [FeedUpdaterThread] Failed to retrieve online item information for http://rom.wimp.com/videosnull. It might not play.
java.io.IOException: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:291)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveTechnicalMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:209)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:102)
Caused by: org.serviio.library.local.metadata.extractor.InvalidMediaFormatException: Unknown video file type.
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.validateCodecsFound(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:382)
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:86)
   at org.serviio.library.metadata.FFmpegMetadataRetriever.retrieveOnlineMetadata(FFmpegMetadataRetriever.java:124)
   at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.retrieveMetadata(FeedUpdaterThread.java:268)
   ... 2 more

I think the plugin may no longer work.
Using Serviio on Debian "Wheezy" with Xbox 360, Sony BDP-S370 & Panasonic E6.

Return to Available plugins