FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hulu (US only)

<<

CigDangle

Serviio lover

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:51 am

Re: Hulu (US only)

Okay...at least its not just me. I checked the RSS feeds; the appear fine. Not sure how this happened...

Something must have changed...
Xbox 360 - PlayStation 3 - Sony BDP-S370 - HTC Evo V & HP TouchPad running CM9 (Android) - serviio 1.0.1 - Windows 2003 Server Standard x64 Edition
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

I have the same problem. I found https://plus.google.com/+KeithBarrett/posts/WEvH1dDvWv2 and I thought it was going to be the answer. Now I'm here and I see I'm not alone.
They still have the page http://www.hulu.com/feed Those rss feeds used to work, but not anymore.
The show_id in the source is the same number that is in the old rss feed links.
If you put http://www.hulu.com/feed/show/182/episodes into your browser, you will see the feed displayed, so there is data in the feed. We just need to figure out how to extract the video list again.
<<

sleepykid

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:54 am

yep, also having issues with the Hulu pluggin. I run serviio 1.01 on a mac and play it through ps3 & VLC and right now the hulu streams don't work anymore. stopped working about a day ago.
<<

George_L

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 am

There is a plug-in now for CBS, ABC & CW to stream their shows. We just need one for NBC & FOX to stream their shows and we'd have the main networks. This would be an alternative to most of the shows that Hulu streams. Does anyone know if creating plug-ins for NBC & FOX is feasible especially if the fix for Hulu is more complicated than expected?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:10 am

I updated the plugin. Let me know if it helps or if there are still some videos missing.
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:37 pm

That's great zip. Are you going to tell us where you put it? :P
I assumed it was in the plugin pack, so I got the new one and put it in, but I didn't notice any change in the code when I looked at it with notepad and it doesn't seem to fix the Hulu problem either.
Using 1.0.1 with WDTV Live
<<

sleepykid

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:48 pm

very nice and fast update! works like a charm.

he put the update on the first message of this thread. you can see it has an updated date to today.
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I didnt put it in the plugin pack as of yet till people can confirm it works as im not from the U.S i cant test it myself :)
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks. I got it and everything works fine again.
<<

Nixter

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Not sure if it's just me... it seems that with the new plug-in, I can watch Hulu movies for around 1 hr or so.
<<

MikK

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:28 pm

wondering if its time to have an all new groovy (or alternate one) for Hulu that took advantage of the 'grid'.

eg.
http://www.hulu.com/grid?name=episodes&from=/lost-in-space

rss
http://www.hulu.com/feed/search?fs=0&query=Lost+in+Space&sort_by=relevance&st=0&type=episode

Instead of using RSS to gather a series, it would be better to turn the groovy into a web-resource, so we could actually get every episode avaible instead of the last 25 in the list.
<<

George_L

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 pm

Similar to a couple weeks ago before the Hulu plugin was updated, I have again suddenly lost all Hulu feeds after working yesterday. Anyone else noticing this?
<<

Nixter

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 pm

George_L wrote:Similar to a couple weeks ago before the Hulu plugin was updated, I have again suddenly lost all Hulu feeds after working yesterday. Anyone else noticing this?

Same here :cry:
<<

DrJay

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 am

This is a great site, but since yesterday the Hulu feeds have not worked. I have gotten all of my web resource (ie. CBS (US) shows to work, but things that I was able to see last week (White Collar - USA) are visible but no programs. This is true for all Hulu feeds. Any suggestions?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 am

Fixed, uploaded to the first post
<<

DrJay

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Thank you. Tried it this morning and the plug-in is working.
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks Zip. It worked for me also.
<<

Nixter

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Works for me too. Thanks Zip! :)
Unfortunately, movies still stop playing after around 1 hr.
<<

jctoad

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

Nixter wrote:Works for me too. Thanks Zip! :)
I have a lot of problems streaming things that need to be transcoded.
An hour of Hulu will easily create a temp file over a gigabyte in size for transcoding. I wonder if your temp file gets too large and something crashes? Is there enough free drive space? Does it stop playing when the temp file reaches the same size every time with different files? I think some of the Hulu files are just bad. I've seen some that will die in the exact same place every time. Some might be 50 minutes in and others might be 3 min. after starting.
I can never resume, skip forward or backward in a Hulu file. It will cause it to hang every time and it has to restart. All I can do is pause it.
I seem to have problems with anything that needs to be transcoded. Is your problem just Hulu or do other sources that need to be transcoded have the same problem? I could give you more details, but this is already getting off topic for this thread. I've been trying to figure this out for about 10 months now.
<<

Nixter

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm

jctoad wrote:
Nixter wrote:Works for me too. Thanks Zip! :)
I have a lot of problems streaming things that need to be transcoded.
An hour of Hulu will easily create a temp file over a gigabyte in size for transcoding. I wonder if your temp file gets too large and something crashes? Is there enough free drive space? Does it stop playing when the temp file reaches the same size every time with different files? I think some of the Hulu files are just bad. I've seen some that will die in the exact same place every time. Some might be 50 minutes in and others might be 3 min. after starting.
I can never resume, skip forward or backward in a Hulu file. It will cause it to hang every time and it has to restart. All I can do is pause it.
I seem to have problems with anything that needs to be transcoded. Is your problem just Hulu or do other sources that need to be transcoded have the same problem? I could give you more details, but this is already getting off topic for this thread. I've been trying to figure this out for about 10 months now.

Thanks for your response, jctoad
Unfortunately, I do not have any other source with movies. Live streams seem to play fine. Crackle movies stop after anything between 5-15 mins.
I checked my PC logs and no errors seen. Plenty of free space. The OS is Win7-64bit.

I realise this is off-topc for this thread, so, have started a new one in the User Experience Section.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins