FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

veetle plugin is borken

<<

trigu75

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

veetle plugin is borken

Veetle did a change on their side , they fucked up all the external plugins , made un update to all their mobile apps and plugin

even xmbc plugin (which is the base for every player) is broken

they made a change inside the stream sent ... usually the stream contains information about the stream type , codec , channels and so on

the stream type was "FLV" and it changed to "GGG"

I did some tests , downloaded a portion of a stream , changed all the GGG back to FLV inside the file .. and the TV played it without problems ...

but ... I also found out that Iphone doesn't support fllash and plays content , and the TV also is able to play it that way ..

but .. so far I was only able to find a lower quality version .. I am still hacking around ... the moment I have a solution I will update ..

so unless you make a change on avcodec to recognize GGG as FLV veetle plugin will not work ..

I am trying to figure out how their HLS (they use m3u for html5 devices!!!)

I have to find the right stream ... then the plugin can be modifyed

so .. at this moment ... veetle is broken ..
<<

George_L

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Re: veetle plugin is borken

I am glad someone else noticed this. My TV stopped playing these a couple days ago but my Android phone and pc browser continued to play them fine so I wasn't sure where the change was.

I wonder if there is a simple way to rename any GGG file type into a FLV file within the plugin to get it to play on the TV? Getting it to work on an IPhone may be more involved.
<<

trigu75

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:37 am

Re: veetle plugin is borken

The problem is not the file name but the string inside it

Return to Available plugins