FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SOPCAST VIDEO WEB RESOURCE

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 am

Re: SOPCAST VIDEO WEB RESOURCE

Version 5 posted to correct error that caused port parameter to be ignored if followed by items parameter.
<<

Vintila

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Is it just me or with version 5 I can no longer play the streams norin my Samsung C7000 neither with Servio Media Browser?.

I am using two different URLs:

As Web Resource: http://www.sopcast.com/?port=8904&items=7 . Error here is "No content available"
As Live Stream: http://127.0.0.1:8902/tv.ts . Error here is "Stream not found"

Both URLs have been working with previous versions.

Thanks
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 am

Sounds like you did not start the sopcast stream playing in sopcast before playing those urls in serviio. The first url uses this plugin but the second is just raw serviio so it shows the problem is not with the plugin.
<<

Vintila

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I have checked it again, the raw is working but the plugin not.

Can you resend me the version 4 via MP to check if it is the last plugin release?

Thanks
<<

Vintila

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Disregard my previous message.

I have changed the port from 8904 to 8902 and it is working again. Strange as it has been working so far with port 8904 which, by the way, it is the port chosen in Sopcast "Options".

Regards
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:40 am

When you used 8904 with V4 it was ignored and it used 8902 which is the sopcast default. With the v5 fix your 8904 was accepted but sopcast is on 8902 .
<<

Twentet

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. First of all, don't bother my english, its not my native langeauge!

I have a problem with playing Sopcast on my television. I have a Philips HTS 3271 blue ray player, connected to my television. Its also connected to my router and works fine. I got a connection with my computer via Serviio. I can play music, video's etc. Works fine!
The problem is that i would like to play sopcast on my television. I put the Groovy in the plugins map and added the stream-location (http://127.0.0.1:8902/) in the online sources (as a Live Stream). The check (check stream URL), gives positive feedback, and says it works.

On my television i can find the the online stream, which i called "sopcast" When I press play, it just dont work. I first get a black screen with the warning that is doesn't support the videotype, than turns into the normal background, and won't do anything. Its not responding to the RC. The only thing i can do, is shut the blue ray player down.

Is the blue ray player compatible to play the sopcast stream? Or are my settings not right...?

Thanks!
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm

You did not follow the instructions in the first post.
<<

Twentet

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 pm

jhb50 wrote:You did not follow the instructions in the first post.

I did! What did I do wrong then?
And my English isen't very good, so the first opening post is quiet difficult for me.

Edit: I also add the Web Resource and now see the 7 channels in the map on the television, but still get the same problem. It seems the Blue Ray player can't handle the file?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 am

OK, you have now set up the WebResource so it will send your sopcast streams to your player. If they will not play it means the Serviio profile you are using is not correct. Post in the forums for your device to see if anyone can help you with the profile.
<<

Vintila

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

I think this issue persists in Serviio 1.2 as I have still to modify the profile in order to avoid the drop outs.

Regards

jhb50 wrote:Thanks.

As best as I can tell, without the profile changes, Serviio 1.1 will attempt to play the mpegts streams natively and your log confirms that, even though live streams should all be remuxed to mpegts.

While the profile changes were intended to fix a 1.0.1 bug (which your log confirms no longer exists in 1.1) they also result in transcoding the h264(avc) streams to mpeg2video.

I can only conclude from that, that the Samsung does not tolerate any glitches in the native avc/mpegts streams and drops out, but will play the streams if first transcoded to mpeg2video/mpegts.

I do not have the bandwidth to test SOPCAST at present, but it would be interesting to know if Samsung would play the avc/mpegts streams if they were remuxed to mpegts by serviio rather than played natively.

These additions to the Online Transcoding section would that, and handle the Bloodz avc/mpegps streams

<Video targetContainer="mpegts" >
<Matches container="mpegts" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="mpeg" vCodec="h264" />
</Video>

Otherwise I would suggest you add the following to your online section in place of the prior patch to cause that transcoding to occur.

<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video">
<Matches container="mpegts" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="mpeg" vCodec="h264" />
</Video>
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 pm

The bug was fixed. The issue is with the TV.
the Samsung does not tolerate any glitches in the native avc/mpegts streams and drops out, but will play the streams if first transcoded to mpeg2video/mpegts.
That's what the new profile change does for any mpeg/mpegts avc streams which AFAIC are limited to Sopcast. Other sources are all flv avc streams.
<<

Vintila

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks for the explanation, anyway modifying the profile solves the issue.

By the way, this change in the profile also affects to the Ace Stream streams so I assume this P2P solution use same "format" than Sopcast.

Regards
<<

zowie

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Hello, this works as a live stream but it crashes on my samsung C630: http://127.0.0.1:8902/tv.ts

I'm using this website as a resource: http://www.sopcast.com/?port=8902&items=7 does not work a few days ago it worked, where am I wrong?
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am

Should work..what did not work? Post log.
<<

Chrisnewton

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi all

I had this working a few months ago but have since moved house and now i cant get it to work again !! grrrrrr

I have put the latest groovy in the plug in folder, installed the latest version of servio, created the web resource link etc exactly like i had before.

Then started up sopcast, went to the online menu on my ps3 (which is hard wired to net - not via wifi as not sure if makes a difference) selected the sopcast folder and i am getting there are no tracks etc. I have tried and tried the force refresh a hundred times but still nothing.

Frustrating as this used to work before and i know i will be doing something really really stupid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Follow the instructions in the first post. Post the sopcast stream you are playing and a debug log if it does not work.
<<

Chrisnewton

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm

thanks..i have read the instructions on how to do a debug log, im lost even trying to do that...is there an easy way??

Edit...i have tried to follow the instructions to create a log, however when i go into the log folder i have 4 files, one called derby, one called servio and one called serviio.log.2 and one called serviio.log.4

i have opened up the one called serviio as its a text document but its HUGE! i would not be able to paste that into a thread surely??
<<

Chrisnewton

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:59 pm

when i do a force refresh, by right clicking on the web resource, the folder disspaears on my ps3 and wont come back
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:36 pm

i have opened up the one called serviio
as it said "Read the result in serviio.log in log folder
as its a text document but its HUGE!
as it said "If the file is too huge and your problem is not related to library updates, you can filter those out."
i would not be able to paste that into a thread surely??
copy the relevant section or zip the file and attach it.
when i do a force refresh, by right clicking on the web resource, the folder disspaears
The folder will reappear after it finishes refreshing.

You have not posted the sopcast stream you are playing, but it is all probably a ps3 problem which I understand has a lot of problems.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins