Edit 2014-10-30: Posted version 1.1.19 to accommodate for recent changes in the markup at the SvtPlay site. This is the only version of the plugin which works with the current site.
Edit 2014-10-10: Posted version 1.1.18 to accommodate for recent changes in the markup at the SvtPlay site. This is the only version of the plugin which works with the current site.
Edit 2014-09-05: Posted version 1.1.17 to accommodate for recent changes in the markup at the SvtPlay site. This version supports all "tab parameter URL:s" which you see in your browsers address window after pushing a button (for latest shows, or most popular shows, etc). See the updated documentation below or inside the plugin.
Edit 2014-06-05: Posted version 1.1.16 which works with the new SvtPlay site structure. Please note that some of your old feed urls may need to be updated as the content may have been moved. Also, some of the previously available meta data regarding publishing date of shows has been removed from the markup at the site, so in most cases it is no longer available to your DLNA clients.
Edit 2013-09-24: Posted version 1.1.14 which increases the max number of items to retrieve to be 100 when set to "infinite" in the Serviio Console.
Edit 2013-09-24: Posted version 1.1.13 with support for more resolutions in the quality priority list.
This update will probably only affect those who have their quality option set to Low or Medium.
Edit 2013-09-19: Please note that you need an ffmpeg executable which is compiled with support for HTTPS, as all SvtPlay streams are now delivered over that protocol.
HTTPS support is NOT included in the ffmpeg which comes bundled with the Serviio install, but it has been requested for inclusion in upcoming releases (later than version 1.3.1. of Serviio).
Until then, follow the instructions for getting the newest build of ffmpeg:
Edit 2013-09-11. Posted yet another verson of the plugin to work with slightly altered HTML markup at the SvtPlay site.
As of version 1.1.12 of the plugin, you no longer need to alter the "sida" parameter to increase
the number of shows returned by the plugin. The plugin uses the "max items to retrieve" property
value set in Serviio when you register the content feed. If no max value is set, a maximum of 40 shows
will be returned.
Edit 2013-09-07. Posted yet another verson of the plugin to work with slightly altered HTML markup at the SvtPlay site, this time on the category pages
Edit 2013-09-06. Posted new verson of the plugin to work with slightly altered HTML markup at the SvtPlay site.
Edit 2013-02-13: The plugin file and class is renamed to the shorter "SvtPlay" from version 1.1.9. This is to make plugin management easier on clients with limited screen real estate. PLEASE NOTE: Remember to REMOVE the old plugin file if you install the new one. They should not exist side by side!
Edit 2013-01-25: I believe that there are no longer any general geo-restrictions on SVTPlay content. Some content from foreign sources will be restricted due to licensing, but most content is free even for clients from outside of Sweden. Thus, I have renamed the thread from "SvtPlay (Sweden only)" to just "SvtPlay".
Edit 2012-12-22: PLEASE NOTE: Serviio 1.1 has now been released. The plugin now works out of the box, with no need for extra files or tweaking of configuration files. So the rather long install instructions below are mostly relevant for older versions of Serviio. The feed URL instructions are, of course, still valid.
Full instructions are in the plugin source, with the most important stuff pasted below.
* SvtPlay.se content URL extractor plugin.
* Resource URL instructions
* This is a plugin of the type "Web Resource" ("Webbresurs").
* (As of version 1.1.16, a separate plugin in the same file also supports rss feeds, but that plugin doesn't quite work - yet; 2014-06-05.)
* Find URLs for categories by navigating to your desired category at the top of http://www.svtplay.se/program
* Right click on your desired category's thumb nail image and copy the shortcut to the clipboard. For documentaries
* ths URL is http://www.svtplay.se/dokumentar. By default this will give you *the latest* episiodes
* for your selected show.
* You can also add individual shows, links to which are also found at:
* For example, the show "Fotbollskväll" has the feed URL
* As of version 17, the plugin understands the tab=<tabname> parameters at the end of the URL:s.
* So, if you navigate to a show (or category) and then press a button for "Populäraste", "Senaste",
* "Sista chansen" or "Klipp", you will get the episodes by that filter if you copy the resulting
* URL from the address field of your web browser.
* Example. To get the latest shows of "Fotbollskväll", register the URL:
* If you want one feed to display ONLY the shows and another feed to display ONLY the clips,
* use these two feed urls:
* 1) http://www.svtplay.se/fotbollskvall
* 2) http://www.svtplay.se/fotbollskvall?tab=klipp
* If you want a feed with the latest shows AS WELL as the clips, you will need to register a special URL:
* For the most popular children's shows, register the URL:
* For film and drama shows which will soon become unavailable, register:
* Live feeds are included since version 1.1.6.
* They can sometimes be included in certain category pages (such as news).
* Find live feeds here: