<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 am

Re: SvtPlay

n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:
Since perhaps 4-5 days I no longer get anything playable from svtplay.se. The items show up, but they cannot be played on any of my media players, a WD TV HD Live and a Sony BDP-S370.

The log ( with standard log settings ) typically says nothing for the shows in question.

Any ideas??

Not really.

This feed URL works for me:
  Code:
http://www.svtplay.se/kategorier/dokumentar?tab=senasteprogram

The first item currently is "Musik special - Operan och publiken". It plays flawlessly through my Samsung Bluray SmartHUB.

Can something have happened to your firewall settings recently?
What happens after you force a refresh of the feeds?
What happens after you reboot the server?

If it works after a refresh / reboot, then perhaps you need to lower the general feed expiry interval; SvtPlay may have started using some kind of short term cookie / ticket for the streams to make the URL:s more short lived.

Try to enable debug logging and see what it says.

Regards

/ O

Force refresh or reboot had no effect.

Expiry is at minimum.

I'll look at doing a debug log later this week.

What IS the difference between how the titles and contents respectively get transferred??

The devil strikes with full force or not at all.... Sigh.

I set up for debug log and restarted the serviio service.

After a few minutes several entries were up on the menu for online, and I went in and played a few items... They all played perfectly.

So I turned logging back to INFO and restarted it all again, and again nothing plays.

Huh??

That PROBABLY means it's nothing to do with firewalls or routing, and everything to do with timing (or??) inside serviio??
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 am

n3mmr wrote:Force refresh or reboot had no effect.

Expiry is at minimum.

I'll look at doing a debug log later this week.

What IS the difference between how the titles and contents respectively get transferred??

The plugin scrapes the HTML pages for information such as show names, links to thumbnail images and links to streams.

SvtPlay uses several stream formats aimed at different types of clients. One of the formats is Apple http (m3u8) streaming. This is the primary format that the plugin looks for. It has a starting point in a stream-list which in plain text refers to different quality streams. The plugin parses this too, and informs serviio of the stream urls suitable for each quality (low / medium / high).

Serviio then employs ffmpeg to gather meta data about the streams. In effect, ffmpeg downloads as much of a stream as needed to determine container format, codecs, video size, etc. This is cached in Serviio's show index for the plugin.

When you want to play a show, the previously sniffed meta data is used in conjunction with your client profile to determine the ffmpeg command used for playing the stream. For instance, the client profile might call for remuxing or transcoding of the stream (depending on the streams' codecs and your client's capabilities). This yields various switches to the ffmpeg command, which of course also uses the cached stream url.

ffmpeg then fetches the stream and remuxes / transcodes it and sends the result on to your client on the fly.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:48 am

ottomatic wrote:ffmpeg then fetches the stream and remuxes / transcodes it and sends the result on to your client on the fly.

So, if you suddenly can't play contents from svtplay, it might be the case that they have changed the codecs for their streams in such a way that your setup no longer supports them. I can't remember what settings are available, but perhaps the streams now need to be transcoded, and you have configured your server to never transcode due to lacking resources?
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 pm

All of a sudden everything just WORKS.. Sigh.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:07 pm

n3mmr wrote:All of a sudden everything just WORKS.. Sigh.

And a few hours later..... it stops working.

I need suggestions on how to debug this..

Vexing.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:20 am

n3mmr wrote:

Vexing.

I suggest you enable debug log and then post your question in a more general support forum. I doubt it is a plugin issue. At least not specific tyo the SvtPlay plugin, but rather the Serviio plugin architecture. Perhaps it is something with your server, such as faulty hardware, full hard driive, etc?

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:32 pm

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:

Vexing.

I suggest you enable debug log and then post your question in a more general support forum. I doubt it is a plugin issue. At least not specific tyo the SvtPlay plugin, but rather the Serviio plugin architecture. Perhaps it is something with your server, such as faulty hardware, full hard driive, etc?

/ O

I currently think it's a network congestion issue. But I'm not sure. I need some info on how to control what to debug. A total maxed out debug log seems to defeat the problem, possibly because delays are being introduced. Or something.

I'll start by setting up logging in the network devices on the route out to our network boundary.

Also I'll ask about more detailed log control in in the forum.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:59 pm

And for about a day now, everything has worked OK.

Confusing.

I wonder.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

n3mmr wrote:And for about a day now, everything has worked OK.

Confusing.

I wonder.

And it still works. And we have an idea as to the reason for the problem; some weird traffic being produced by a user of the house network.
<<

krille.com

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Hello...

I am abroad and have some interest to watch some Swedish news and other shows. I have installed Serviio 1.4 on my QNAP. It is working fine for most of the stuff, but have tried to add the SvtPlay web resources without luck. The 'Source URL' i have added is:
  Code:
http://www.svtplay.se/rapport

And
  Code:
https://www.svtplay.se/rapport

None of them seem to work. When I press save the following is shown in .../.qpkg/Serviio/log/serviio.log

Code:
2013-12-27 20:07:33,197 WARN  [ServiioStatusService] ConversionException occured. Returning error code 500 to the REST layer. Message: No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video : No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video
---- Debugging information ----
message             : No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video
cause-exception     : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
cause-message       : No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video
class               : org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType
required-type       : org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.enums.EnumConverter
path                : /repository/onlineRepositories/onlineRepository/fileType
class[1]            : org.serviio.ui.representation.OnlineRepository
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[3]            : org.serviio.ui.representation.RepositoryRepresentation
version             : null
-------------------------------

I have read your sticky post and in that is says that SvtPlay is using HTTPS nowadays, so I have recompiled the FFMPEG with HTTPS support.

Code:
# ./ffmpeg -protocols     
ffmpeg version N-59388-g8ea1501 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Dec 27 2013 16:26:09 with gcc 4.2.1 (GCC)
  configuration: --prefix=/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Serviio/opt --libdir=/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Serviio/opt/lib --disable-shared --disable-ffserver --disable-ffplay --enable-static --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-librtmp --enable-fontconfig --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-avresample --enable-libass --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-openssl --extra-cflags=-I/opt/include --extra-ldflags=-L/opt/lib
  libavutil      52. 59.100 / 52. 59.100
  libavcodec     55. 46.100 / 55. 46.100
  libavformat    55. 22.100 / 55. 22.100
  libavdevice    55.  5.102 / 55.  5.102
  libavfilter     4.  0.103 /  4.  0.103
  libavresample   1.  1.  0 /  1.  1.  0
  libswscale      2.  5.101 /  2.  5.101
  libswresample   0. 17.104 /  0. 17.104
  libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100
Supported file protocols:
Input:
cache
concat
crypto
data
file
ftp
gopher
hls
http
httpproxy
https
mmsh
mmst
pipe
rtp
srtp
tcp
tls
udp
unix
rtmp
rtmpe
rtmps
rtmpt
rtmpte
Output:
file
ftp
gopher
http
httpproxy
https
md5
pipe
rtp
srtp
tcp
tls
udp
unix
rtmp
rtmpe
rtmps
rtmpt
rtmpte

But doesn't matter if I add with 'http://' or 'https://' same fault. Also stated in the sticky post that SvtPlay don't restrict on location anymore. But if that is the case I will be able solve that, just want to know if it is still no restriction...

Happy New Year, thanks!
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 am

krille.com wrote:
  Code:
2013-12-27 20:07:33,197 WARN  [ServiioStatusService] ConversionException occured. Returning error code 500 to the REST layer. Message: No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video : No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video
---- Debugging information ----
message             : No enum const class org.serviio.library.metadata.MediaFileType.Video

To me this looks like a bug in Serviio 1.4.

krille.com wrote:But doesn't matter if I add with 'http://' or 'https://' same fault. Also stated in the sticky post that SvtPlay don't restrict on location anymore. But if that is the case I will be able solve that, just want to know if it is still no restriction...

You should not alter the protocol used for the feed url (http). The https is for the actual stream, the URL to which the plugin delivers and which Serviio uses for playback.

If you can play the show in a browser from your current location, then Serviio should be able to play it as well.

You may try to enable debug log and see the exact url which Serviio tries to index. Then try to play that through ffmpeg and see if you get a more specific error message.

Other suggestions: did you mark the feed as a Web Resource? (NOT RSS).
Also, try altering the feed url thus:

Code:
http://www.svtplay.se/rapport?tab=program&sida=1

I don't have time to install Serviio 1.4 and troubleshoot the issue today. I might later this week.

Happy New Year!

/ O
<<

krille.com

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am

Hello...

Thanks for your answer. I believe it must be a bug in Serviio as well. I have noticed that when I save the 'Web Resource' and then flip from
Library' tab to another tab and then back to 'Library - Online Sources' the added and saved is not there. Also when I try to choose 'edit' on the added web resource it is empty...

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (37.85 KiB) Viewed 14520 times

Thanks I will try another section in the forum, since I believe it can't be the plugin fault here... But if you will have time to install 1.4 and try, just let me know if it worked or if you have the same experience as me...

Thanks again! Happy New Year!

/k
<<

WDtvlive_user

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:33 pm

I get "format not supported" when trying to view a program.
Programs are correctly listed for selected url.
I use serviio-1.4 on linux, with SvtPlay.groovy in lib directory.
And ffmpeg:
ffmpeg version 0.10.9-7:0.10.9-1~precise1 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 4 2013 06:37:30 with gcc 4.6.3
configuration: --arch=amd64 --disable-stripping --enable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-version='7:0.10.9-1~precise1' --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-bzlib --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libfreetype --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencv --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-zlib --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libcdio --enable-x11grab --enable-libx264 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static

Anyone got a clue where to start looking?
<<

WDtvlive_user

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Ok, it's working. I can see svtplay shows in players.
But there's a stutter.

WDtvlive_user wrote:I get "format not supported" when trying to view a program.
Programs are correctly listed for selected url.
I use serviio-1.4 on linux, with SvtPlay.groovy in lib directory.
And ffmpeg:
ffmpeg version 0.10.9-7:0.10.9-1~precise1 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 4 2013 06:37:30 with gcc 4.6.3
configuration: --arch=amd64 --disable-stripping --enable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-version='7:0.10.9-1~precise1' --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-bzlib --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libfreetype --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencv --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-zlib --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libcdio --enable-x11grab --enable-libx264 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static

Anyone got a clue where to start looking?
<<

krille.com

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello Otto...

There has been a new release for Serviio and this time the Online Source is saved :)

But I get a WARN in the log file when I add the Web Resource

Code:
2014-02-08 20:59:59,972 WARN  [FeedUpdaterThread] An error occured while parsing the online resource http://www.svtplay.se/rapport?tab=program&sida=1, waiting for expiry time to try again: Error during feed parsing, provided URL probably doesn't point to a valid RSS/Atom feed. Message: Invalid XML: Error on line 39: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
org.serviio.library.online.metadata.OnlineResourceParseException: Error during feed parsing, provided URL probably doesn't point to a valid RSS/Atom feed. Message: Invalid XML: Error on line 39: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
        at org.serviio.library.online.feed.FeedParser.parse(FeedParser.java:105)
        at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResource(OnlineLibraryManager.java:179)
        at org.serviio.library.online.OnlineLibraryManager.findResourceInCacheOrParse(OnlineLibraryManager.java:198)
        at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.getOnlineItems(FeedUpdaterThread.java:185)
        at org.serviio.library.online.metadata.FeedUpdaterThread.run(FeedUpdaterThread.java:108)
Caused by: com.sun.syndication.io.ParsingFeedException: Invalid XML: Error on line 39: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
        at com.sun.syndication.io.WireFeedInput.build(WireFeedInput.java:226)
        at com.sun.syndication.io.SyndFeedInput.build(SyndFeedInput.java:136)
        at org.serviio.library.online.feed.FeedParser.parseFeedStream(FeedParser.java:120)
        at org.serviio.library.online.feed.FeedParser.parse(FeedParser.java:88)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 39: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:468)
        at com.sun.syndication.io.WireFeedInput.build(WireFeedInput.java:222)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.startOfMarkup(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:453)
        ... 8 more

I don't understand why it states RSS/ATOM feed, when I am sure adding a Web Resource?!?
<<

krille.com

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Some more bug in Serviio rev2, it changes back the type to RSS Feed all the time, even if I change it... So I will check other places...

Cheers
<<

kjesch

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:05 am

SVT Play has been working perfectly for a long time and now SVT has once again changed the format. Will Ottomatic be so kind to help us once again with a new plug-in?
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 am

kjesch wrote:SVT Play has been working perfectly for a long time and now SVT has once again changed the format. Will Ottomatic be so kind to help us once again with a new plug-in?

Yup. I noticed too, last night.

I'll take a look at it ASAP.

Regards

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Folks,

Updated the first message in this thread today with the following:

Posted version 1.1.16 which works with the new SvtPlay site structure.

Please note that some of your old feed urls may need to be updated as the content may have been moved.

Also, some of the previously available meta data regarding publishing date of shows has been removed from the markup at the site, so in most cases it is no longer available to your DLNA clients.

Regards

/ Otto
<<

kjesch

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:41 am

Sorry to bother you again Ottomatic but it seems that you are the only one that understands what SVT is doing with SVTPlay. Since you updated svtplay.groovy everything has been working nicely but a few days back something happened.

I can now only see 6 entries in each category instead of up to 40 entries that I have specified and which I could see earlier. I have restarted my computer and I have checked it on 3 DLNA clients and there are only six entries in each category now.

Any ideas?

Your help is much appreciated!

Regards

/Kjell
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins