FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SvtPlay

<<

cyntactic

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: SvtPlay (Sweden only)

I enabled debug logging as you directed. Which log do you need to see - servo.log, derby.log, the logs in the db folder?
<<

cyntactic

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Actually, I think it's working now :) I "cleaned" my computer with OnyX in order to clean log files before giving you anything, rebooted, and gave it another try. I think part of the problem is it will only load feeds that actually have something current. That is, I was trying to see the Homeland page which only has a trailer there at the moment. That link doesn't load anything - not even the trailer - but I can see other SVT Play things, so I'll just hope for the best that we'll be able to watch Homeland tonight after 22:00.

Thanks for the plugin, and thanks for your time.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:29 pm

cyntactic wrote:Actually, I think it's working now :) I "cleaned" my computer with OnyX in order to clean log files before giving you anything, rebooted, and gave it another try. I think part of the problem is it will only load feeds that actually have something current. That is, I was trying to see the Homeland page which only has a trailer there at the moment. That link doesn't load anything - not even the trailer - but I can see other SVT Play things, so I'll just hope for the best that we'll be able to watch Homeland tonight after 22:00.

Thanks for the plugin, and thanks for your time.

Yes, the plugin has been written so as to only show full shows, no clips.
It is my intention to perhaps improve the plugin in the future, so that the user may elect to also see clips.

The relevant log file is the one named "serviio.log".
Do remember to restore the log settings back to the original setting or your log file will grow HUGE after a few days.

Regards

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:41 pm

I use your svtplay plugin v 1.1.2 and serviio v 1.1. i added the example url shown in the source. but the contents are never updated: a certain list of available shows appeared when i first installed the new versions three days ago, and no further shows are being added. i have the retention time set to 2 hrs and no of items unlimited. what can be the problem? why are new shows not added to the menus?
my renderer is a wd tv live hd.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm

n3mmr,

Please enable detailed logging, reboot your machine, wait a few minutes and post the serviio log as an attachment in this forum.

I am not sure about how serviio goes about refreshing the feeds, but I think that if you have set a refresh interval of 2 hours, then it should pick up new shows after that interval.

If you are sitting behind a caching proxy, then that could deliver stale html to the plugin, but it seems unlikely.

Until you have figured out what's wrong, you could try actively forcing serviio to reload each feed, by right-clicking to the definition in the serviio console and selecting "Forced update" ("Påtvingad uppdatering").

Please report back if you have any success. Or post your detailed log.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 pm

forced refresh works.
do i really need rebooting the computer after enabling det log? shouldn't restarting serviio be enough?

ottomatic wrote:n3mmr,

Please enable detailed logging, reboot your machine, wait a few minutes and post the serviio log as an attachment in this forum.

I am not sure about how serviio goes about refreshing the feeds, but I think that if you have set a refresh interval of 2 hours, then it should pick up new shows after that interval.

If you are sitting behind a caching proxy, then that could deliver stale html to the plugin, but it seems unlikely.

Until you have figured out what's wrong, you could try actively forcing serviio to reload each feed, by right-clicking to the definition in the serviio console and selecting "Forced update" ("Påtvingad uppdatering").

Please report back if you have any success. Or post your detailed log.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm

n3mmr wrote:forced refresh works.
do i really need rebooting the computer after enabling det log? shouldn't restarting serviio be enough?

I have found that if you have had the serviio console started and you make a configuration change and then you want to remove the old log, rebooting is your only option, as the log file will be locked by the serviio console.

If restarting the serviio service works for you, then that's fine.

Please remember to reset your log level back to INFO when you are done debugging, otherwise your log file may grow HUGE after a few days.

Oh, if you really want to test and log the feed refresh functionality, obviously you will need to let the service run for at least two hours before you collect and post the log.

Regards

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Also, n3mmr:

It would be interesting if you could test some other DLNA client connected to your serviio server to verify that it is indeed serviio that does not update properly. It might be the case that it is your wd tv which does not pick up the new feed items.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

ottomatic wrote:Also, n3mmr:

It would be interesting if you could test some other DLNA client connected to your serviio server to verify that it is indeed serviio that does not update properly. It might be the case that it is your wd tv which does not pick up the new feed items.

That thought did cross my mind, yes.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:Also, n3mmr:

That thought did cross my mind, yes.

I started by double checking everything and ended by redoing all the online sources. And now it works. ??? Maybe some minor error stopped the process.

One thing remains a problem: Every list of shows starts by a list of the latest single show of some series: always eight of them, all named by the base show title w/o any episode number.
For some of these, a duplicate entry with a more complete name appears further down the list. Like, as number 5 of Film&Drama is the show "Boss". Halfway down the next page of eight entries. the same show appears as Boss ep 8 of 8.

This seems a waste and is sometimes confusing. What gives??
It doesn't happen for all shows, like not for The Big C.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am

n3mmr wrote:One thing remains a problem: Every list of shows starts by a list of the latest single show of some series: always eight of them, all named by the base show title w/o any episode number.
For some of these, a duplicate entry with a more complete name appears further down the list. Like, as number 5 of Film&Drama is the show "Boss". Halfway down the next page of eight entries. the same show appears as Boss ep 8 of 8.

I was not aware of this issue, thanks for reporting.

The plugin parses the feed items by regular expression matching, looking for certain patterns to determine the title, link and thumbnail to each show.

I suppose I need to keep a hashtable of already returned url:s in order to avoid returning duplicates.

By the way: if you want more than eight shows, increase the trailing number of the feed url. You will get eight times that number, but no more than the maximum number of items in your online source configuration (as entered in the serviio console).

Regards

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

is there a way to get the Live category working in your plugin?
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am

Found what's most likely a regexp prob; the show "Lögnen - del 1 av 49" ( The Lie - part 1 of 49 ) was suddenly presented as
"- Del 1 av 49", i e w/o the show's actual name included.

P.S. to others: The turkish series "Son" (means "The End, my turkish acquaintances say) is a delightfully non-american-style 50-part series with all the ingredients required for a full TV experience: illicit love, assasinations in Iran, ex members of some Turkish black ops org, marital problems, infidelity, you name it, it's got everything. Recommended! And also it's a great escape from the standard US-produced fare, which, let's face it, is well produced and interesting but not terribly creative or surprising in the long run.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 am

n3mmr wrote:is there a way to get the Live category working in your plugin?

I haven't tried. I'll add it to the todo-list.

Live streams can, of course, be a bit tricky when it comes to on-the-fly transcoding.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:One thing remains a problem: Every list of shows starts by a list of the latest single show of some series: always eight of them, all named by the base show title w/o any episode number.

The plugin parses the feed items by regular expression matching, looking for certain patterns to determine the title, link and thumbnail to each show.

I suppose I need to keep a hashtable of already returned url:s in order to avoid returning duplicates.

By the way: if you want more than eight shows, increase the trailing number of the feed url. You will get eight times that number, but no more than the maximum number of items in your online source configuration (as entered in the serviio console).

Regards

/ O

n3mmr, what exact url are you using for Film & Drama?
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm

ottomatic wrote:
ottomatic wrote:

Regards

/ O

n3mmr, what exact url are you using for Film & Drama?

http://www.svtplay.se/kategorier/filmoc ... des&sida=3

Right now I have little luck in using svtplay: the folder for film and drama is empty and serviio has been at it for several hours. This after I had to reset all online resources after a failed attempt to use a live stream. I have rebooted the machine and restarted serviio after that and then added asingle online resource as per above and clicked save and force refresh.

And NOTHING.

Nothing in the logs.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 pm

n3mmr wrote:Right now I have little luck in using svtplay: the folder for film and drama is empty and serviio has been at it for several hours. This after I had to reset all online resources after a failed attempt to use a live stream. I have rebooted the machine and restarted serviio after that and then added asingle online resource as per above and clicked save and force refresh.

And NOTHING.

Nothing in the logs.

The Pirate API, on which the plugin relies, is down.
http://pirateplay.se/

I am working on parsing the m3u8 playlist myself and may probably be able to post a new plugin version in an hour or so.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 pm

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:Right now I have little luck in using svtplay: the folder for film and drama is empty and serviio has been at it for several hours. This after I had to reset all online resources after a failed attempt to use a live stream. I have rebooted the machine and restarted serviio after that and then added asingle online resource as per above and clicked save and force refresh.

And NOTHING.

Nothing in the logs.

The Pirate API, on which the plugin relies, is down.
http://pirateplay.se/

I am working on parsing the m3u8 playlist myself and may probably be able to post a new plugin version in an hour or so.

Relying on external servers is a bitch, says my experience. Unless you can control them yerself.
Thanks for your excellent work.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Folks,

I have uploaded a new version of the plugin.
This removes some of the dependency on the Pirate API which appears to be down this evening.

I also tried to address n3mmr's issue with some feed items pointing to the starting page of a show and other feed items pointing to named epsides of shows. This is mostly relevant when a feed definition points to a category rather than an individual show.

Regards

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 pm

OK... while I was at it, I added support for clips (not just full shows).

Some time in the future I may add support for selecting whether you want clips or not. For now, they are included among the feed items no matter what.

So, if you downloaded the plugin around midnight, you may want to grab it again.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins