FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SvtPlay

<<

kjesch

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am

Re: SvtPlay

ottomatic wrote:
kjesch wrote:I appreciate your work as SVTPlay is important for me.

I have replaced the plugin and changed the URL:s (e.g. http://www.svtplay.se/kategorier/dokume ... ram&sida=2) and restarted but still no entries in the folders. Just empty folders.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Hard to know. Did it ever work on your setup?

Please enable debug logging and post your logs here.

I have been using the SVTPlay plugin for a long time and also helped many friends in Sweden and abroad (!) to set it up. It has been working flawlessly. I shut down Serviio console and service. Deleted the log file and added DEBUG in the xml-file. Then I restarted my PC. This time I got two entries, one in SVT Play film and one in SVT Play Samhälle etc. Nothing else.
Attachments
serviio.log
(404.75 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:40 am

kjesch wrote:
ottomatic wrote:
kjesch wrote:I appreciate your work as SVTPlay is important for me.

I have replaced the plugin and changed the URL:s (e.g. http://www.svtplay.se/kategorier/dokume ... ram&sida=2) and restarted but still no entries in the folders. Just empty folders.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Hard to know. Did it ever work on your setup?

Please enable debug logging and post your logs here.

I have been using the SVTPlay plugin for a long time and also helped many friends in Sweden and abroad (!) to set it up. It has been working flawlessly. I shut down Serviio console and service. Deleted the log file and added DEBUG in the xml-file. Then I restarted my PC. This time I got two entries, one in SVT Play film and one in SVT Play Samhälle etc. Nothing else.

Interesting.
I note that SvtPlay have switched to using https to protect streams, which your version of ffmpeg probably doesn't support.

Please upgrade your ffmpeg executable to the latest build:
http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=win_ffmpeg

I'll contact Serviio's lead developer and make sure that https support is included in coming versions of the bundled ffmpeg executable.

Regards

/ O
<<

kjesch

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm

@ ottomatic

That did the trick!

However, I can only see 8 programs in each of my 4 folders even if I stated "?tab=senasteprogram&sida=3" or "?tab=senasteprogram&sida=4" with maximum numbers of feed items to retrieve = 40.

Thank you for your support!
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:16 pm

kjesch wrote:@ ottomatic

That did the trick!

However, I can only see 8 programs in each of my 4 folders even if I stated "?tab=senasteprogram&sida=3" or "?tab=senasteprogram&sida=4" with maximum numbers of feed items to retrieve = 40.

OK, thanks for reporting. I'll have to research that a bit further.

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 pm

That did the trick!

I can confirm this error.

It used to be that the final number was a multiplier for 8, so that =11 ==> 88 items were shown, if available, wasn't it?

When the turkish series "Son" (Lögnen, "The Lie" in swedish, but really means "The end") ran, with 55 episodes available for well over 10 weeks, that came in handy.
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 am

ottomatic wrote:

That did the trick!

/ O

Any results??
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:28 pm

n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:

That did the trick!

/ O

Any results??

Yes. Whereas the markup to display more than 8 shows was previously retrieved automatically by increasing the "sida" parameter, the pattern has changed so that retrieval of more shows requires extra ajax roundtrips to the svtplay server.

New plugin version with a fix for this will be uploaded within minutes.

Also, the new version allows you to watch clips again, which were has not worked for a while due to recent changes in the markup.

Regards.

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Folks.

New version of the plugin uploaded.

As of version 1.1.12 of the plugin, you no longer need to alter the "sida" parameter to increase
the number of shows returned by the plugin. The plugin uses the "max items to retrieve" property
value set in Serviio when you register the content feed. If no max value is set, a maximum of 40 shows
will be returned.

Also, the support for clips was broken by recent changes in the markup at the SvtPLay site, but has now been fixed.

Regards

/ O
<<

kjesch

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:18 am

Thank you Ottomatic!
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:35 am

ottomatic wrote:Folks.

New version of the plugin uploaded.

As of version 1.1.12 of the plugin, you no longer need to alter the "sida" parameter to increase
the number of shows returned by the plugin. The plugin uses the "max items to retrieve" property
value set in Serviio when you register the content feed. If no max value is set, a maximum of 40 shows
will be returned.

Also, the support for clips was broken by recent changes in the markup at the SvtPLay site, but has now been fixed.

Regards

/ O

Actually, it seems to only get 39 shows if the maxitems value is set to unlimited.

I regularly see a reasonable need to display a minimum of 80 shows or so. What could I do to achieve that? The console has no larger choice than 50??
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:42 am

n3mmr wrote:Actually, it seems to only get 39 shows if the maxitems value is set to unlimited.

I regularly see a reasonable need to display a minimum of 80 shows or so. What could I do to achieve that? The console has no larger choice than 50??

Edit the plugin source. Around line 620, you will see:

if (antal == -1)
antal = 40

Increase the number 40 to fit your needs.

Regards.

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 pm

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:Actually, it seems to only get 39 shows if the maxitems value is set to unlimited.

Edit the plugin source. Around line 620, you will see:

if (antal == -1)
antal = 40

Increase the number 40 to fit your needs.

Regards.

/ O

Brute force.... I think the console should have a writeable field for that number, not just a menu.
<<

Hippas

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi again,

During the weekend I updated to the latest version of the SVT plugin and also updated the ffmpeg.exe file (hopefully in a correct way), even though it is only ten days since I installed the entire Serviio package for the first time. Then everything seemed to work just fine and I was very satisfied.

The next day I noticed that there was no continous update of the SVT Play links, in neither of the listed program categories. This also means that the links won't play after some time, which I guess is somehow related to the fact that they become invalid when they do not update?
There is, however, one workaround; everytime that I restart my PC (Windows 8) the links are updated and I can use the very nice plugin on my TV for a while at least. Not a very convenient way of using the plugin though...

Is there someone who has any idea about what is going on with the SVT plugin on my PC (or rather, why there is nothing going on after the computer is restarted)?

Kindly
Jörgen
<<

peter1212

Serviio lover

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 am

Hippas wrote:Hi again,

During the weekend I updated to the latest version of the SVT plugin and also updated the ffmpeg.exe file (hopefully in a correct way), even though it is only ten days since I installed the entire Serviio package for the first time. Then everything seemed to work just fine and I was very satisfied.

The next day I noticed that there was no continous update of the SVT Play links, in neither of the listed program categories. This also means that the links won't play after some time, which I guess is somehow related to the fact that they become invalid when they do not update?
There is, however, one workaround; everytime that I restart my PC (Windows 8) the links are updated and I can use the very nice plugin on my TV for a while at least. Not a very convenient way of using the plugin though...

Is there someone who has any idea about what is going on with the SVT plugin on my PC (or rather, why there is nothing going on after the computer is restarted)?

Kindly
Jörgen

I does not have anything to do with the SVT plugin. It's the serviio service that stalls. Are you using hibernate or powersave?
If you restart the serviio service before you launch serviio console you don't have to restart the computer.
<<

Hippas

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Yes, I use some kind of hibernate on my PC and I guess that this might be the problem. After some investigations this evening I came to the following conclusions:
The Serviio service does not stall completely, I can still use it immediately after waking up the PC from hibernation, but the update of SVT feeds does not work.
I installed the ServiiDroid app on my Android phone (in order to be able stay in my sofa :) and it turns out that what I need to do is to manually update the online sources, i.e. SVT Play, from within the app. But just restarting the Serviio service does not seem to do the trick.
Hence, not perfect but still quite manageable. Although, it would be nice if one could update all online sources in just one click instead of having to update each one individually.

Another question: Is it possible to get the SVT´s Öppet arkiv to work through the plugin as well? I did some quick tests, but did not get it to work. Suggestions?

Kindly
Jörgen
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Hippas wrote:Another question: Is it possible to get the SVT´s Öppet arkiv to work through the plugin as well? I did some quick tests, but did not get it to work. Suggestions?

Öppet arkiv has a slightly different structure, so the SvtPlay plugin will not work there.

But i wrote a plugin for Öppet arkiv earlier this year and posted it in this forum thread. Just look through earlier posts.

Regards

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:35 am

This is probably me going demented, BUT: I updated the SvtPlay plugin to the latest one, and edited it to make the "unlimited" setting mean 88 entries max. The titles appear as expected for the categories I tested, but none of the shows will play on my BDP-S370 or WDTVLIVE HD.

I just dropped the 1.3.1 linux serviio in a new directory and started up the serviio service from the new location.

I haven't done anything beyond extracting the linux tar, adding the very latest SvtPlay plugin and configuring two online SVT Play categories.

Am I missing something in the profiles for these renderers or what??
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 am

n3mmr wrote:This is probably me going demented, BUT: I updated the SvtPlay plugin to the latest one, and edited it to make the "unlimited" setting mean 88 entries max. The titles appear as expected for the categories I tested, but none of the shows will play on my BDP-S370 or WDTVLIVE HD.

I just dropped the 1.3.1 linux serviio in a new directory and started up the serviio service from the new location.

I haven't done anything beyond extracting the linux tar, adding the very latest SvtPlay plugin and configuring two online SVT Play categories.

Once I'm sure I haven't just forgotten some simple implicit step in the install, I'll do the appropriate debug log setting and get a log to analyse.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:53 am

n3mmr wrote:
n3mmr wrote:This is probably me going demented, BUT: I updated the SvtPlay plugin to the latest one, and edited it to make the "unlimited" setting mean 88 entries max. The titles appear as expected for the categories I tested, but none of the shows will play on my BDP-S370 or WDTVLIVE HD.

Once I'm sure I haven't just forgotten some simple implicit step in the install, I'll do the appropriate debug log setting and get a log to analyse.

You need an ffmpeg compiled with support for https. This is not the case with the ffmpeg which is bundled with serviio.

Regards

/ O
<<

Swehawk

Serviio lover

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:13 pm

ottomatic wrote:You need an ffmpeg compiled with support for https. This is not the case with the ffmpeg which is bundled with serviio.
/ O

I need a pointer to what ffmpeg build to use. Would the latest Zeranoe Static windows build do (can't find info on https-support)?
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins