FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SvtPlay

<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:33 am

Re: SvtPlay

Folks,

Responding to recent breaking changes of the markup at the site, I have now uploaded new versions of both the RSS feed plugin and the Web resource plugin.

Go to the top post in the thread and download your new versions!

Regards

/ O
<<

Jools

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 30, 2016 8:45 am

Hello,

I think there has been a new format change on svtplay, at least all my feeds started becoming empty, on two of my machines.

Why are they always making these changes? Is it because they don't like that people can watch these streams without the adverts that come with them?

Here's the log if it helps: there are a bunch of entries like this:

2016-05-30 11:44:23,681 WARN [FeedParser] Plugin SvtPlayRss returned no value for resource item 'Tidernas största fest'

Edit: here's the actual log: http://pastebin.com/8Wve7T52
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Mon May 30, 2016 10:04 am

Jools wrote:Hello,
Why are they always making these changes? Is it because they don't like that people can watch these streams without the adverts that come with them?

No, I just think they are refactoring, making improvements, and they can't take into account the way a scraping plugin framework like Serviio uses their web pages.

Jools wrote:Here's the log if it helps: there are a bunch of entries like this:

2016-05-30 11:44:23,681 WARN [FeedParser] Plugin SvtPlayRss returned no value for resource item 'Tidernas största fest'

Edit: here's the actual log: http://pastebin.com/8Wve7T52

Thanks. I'll look into it when I have the time. Right now I a m swamped with work.

Regards

/ O
<<

Jools

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:15 pm

That's understandable. I was wondering what this actually entails, just investigate the network with something like wireshark and update the feed format? Would it be any idea to put this on github so people can more easily contribute?
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:48 am

Jools wrote:That's understandable. I was wondering what this actually entails, just investigate the network with something like wireshark and update the feed format? Would it be any idea to put this on github so people can more easily contribute?

At this point you probably won't need to inspect network traffic. It's usually just a matter of inspecting html source to find out the patterns of the markup, and update the regular expressions used to find the links to the stream definitions.

The plugin source is hosted at Bitbucket :
https://bitbucket.org/ottomatic/serviio-plugins

You should be able to clone it and submit pull requests.

Regards

/ O
Previous

Return to Available plugins