FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

COOLSPORT - A SPORTS STREAM WEBRESOURCE

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 pm

Re: Coolsport - A Sports Stream WebResource

I've run into the same thing after hibernating. Seems Serviio starts to reparse the groovy before the network is up so it times out. I don't know how to prevent that so just manually refresh.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:28 am

Version 9 posted to ensure the network is available before parsing the groovy.

If the network is unavailable for 30 seconds, the groovy will timeout and repeat the timeout until the network is available.

The groovy will then run and detect the coolsport items. If the site is down and no items available, the groovy will generate a "no events" icon and refresh the groovy at the default expiry time or the expiry option set in the coolsport url .
<<

anglia73

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:31 pm

jhb50 wrote:Version 9 posted to ensure the network is available before parsing the groovy.

Feedback on version 9 This overcomes the problems I was having with timeouts, I am able to invoke both the Serviio service and the Serviio Console at boot up, It take quite a long time to get the stream established as the log it still littered with timeouts, no nearer to finding out why ? but at least it gets there where before even with forced resets it never established the coolsport stream,
The Skysportplus groovy continues to perform without fault no timeouts whilst it is the second online source it still loads first as Coolsport has timed out

many thanks jhb50 I guess that apart from me not too many others were having this problem so again thanks for your work.
Regards
Sony KDL32EX403 Sony N200 Pentium 4 3.4ghz XP SP3
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:54 pm

As I see it, after you boot up, coolsport tries to parse, tests the network and waits for it to become available and after 30 seconds times out. Skysports then tries to parse and the latest version tests the network finds it is up and then parses successfully, then Serviio will try to parse coolport again and since Skysports worked, coolsport should now work...it should not timeout again. Can you confirm this is the sequence?
<<

anglia73

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:36 pm

jhb50 wrote:As I see it, after you boot up, coolsport tries to parse

If i am reading the log file correctly I see the first time out by coolsport, then skysport proceeds to load, Cool sport then starts again but in this log there are 6 more timeouts with eventually coolsport streams loading . Circa 15-20 mins after skysport has loaded. The attached file is a log from start up of serviio untill all streams have loaded and I then shut Serviio. Its in "INFO" form as it appears to show enough.
I hope I interpret this ok and am not wasting your time,
Attachments
serviio.log
Log showing multi timeouts
(30.34 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:40 pm

OK, the startup timeout due to no network is fixed but the groovy itself is complex and your cpu (including cycles from other parallel tasks) is taking more than 30 seconds to match the schedule data to the channels. Currently the next 2 scheduled events are displayed, but I will add an option to only show one which will cut the cpu time in half.
<<

anglia73

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:51 pm

jhb50 wrote:As I see it, after you boot up, coolsport tries to parse

Your earlier message seems to have disappeared , so from memory you mentioned " pause between refresh times " never used that setting, so it was what ever got set from reloading Serviio it was 5 mins which to me seemed too short so I increased this to 45mins. Changed log to debug mode. NO other changes made from previous log file.
Started Serviio and clearly the log will show something different as the folder for Coolsport appeared on the TV first followed two or three mins later by Sky Sport a quick look through the log I cant see any timeouts . To me on this run everything appears ok tested many of the channels. Wont make any comments about the log as I clearly dont understand them, from what you said "Skysport had not started "I assume I was seeing a cache on the TV. on the previous run.
( Only thing I know i do non standard is to use the Sony BD player due to problems with the Sony 2010 profile )
attached Log file covering one hour from start Regards
Attachments
serviio.log
new debug log file
(58.57 KiB) Downloaded 636 times
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:22 pm

The earlier message was incorrect because I misread your simple log. Doesn't matter because the timeout is due to slow cpu.

Version 10 now posted with events=1 option which should fix it for you.
<<

anglia73

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm

jhb50 wrote:Version 10 now posted with events=1 option which should fix it for you.

Loaded version 10 ,with events parameter set for SLOW CPUs log file looks clean cant see any timeouts TV screen folder populate quickly.

I take the hint re slow CPU it was quite good when I got it nine years ago when I retired. it time to retire the old P4 as well, once again many thanks for your personal assistance, really appreciated . If I get more problems I will keep quite.

Regards
<<

wpwily

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 am

This plugin has been working great for me. I have been able to watch all of the college bowl games I can take :D

It would be nice if the streams were better quality, but that has nothing to do with the plugin itself.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 am

Version 11 posted to support new web format
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 am

Re: COOLSPORT - A SPORTS STREAM WEBRESOURCE

Version 12 posted.

This is a major upgrade of the plugin and features a new quick refresh capability as described in the wiki at http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=quick_refresh. By default the plugin now only displays active streams for which there are scheduled events.

This makes it practical to do refreshes frequently using the refresh parameter and keep the list of items up to date without the overhead of re-extracting the existing items. Refreshes that previously took many minutes are now done in one or two seconds.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 pm

version 13 posted to fix parameter bug
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 am

Version 14 posted to enhance quick extract logic, add timeout timer and put times first.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Version 15 posted to remove channel 25 which never works
<<

Saint

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 pm

just two short question ....

1. would it be possible to implement a "picture" of the up to date shedule in the folder on the tv?

2. my tv shows with this groovy just 17 coolsport streams, during on the homepage are 31 (including Skysport news, golfchannel, espn, etc.) ... would it be possible to add them there as well?

thx and greets,

Saint
<<

bobsmo

Serviio lover

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 pm

Saint wrote:2. my tv shows with this groovy just 17 coolsport streams, during on the homepage are 31 (including Skysport news, golfchannel, espn, etc.) ... would it be possible to add them there as well?

thx and greets,

Saint

that would be nice as even if there is no event per se, this dedicated channels do have feeds for thier normal programming..........
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 am

Good ideas. Schedule can only be in channel titles, but Version 16 now posted to always display the 6 sports networks.
<<

Saint

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm

THX a lot,

and ... damn you guys are realy fucking fast ... props for this,

greets,

Saint
<<

bobsmo

Serviio lover

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:18 pm

jhb50 wrote:Good ideas. Schedule can only be in channel titles, but Version 16 now posted to always display the 6 sports networks.

Working perfectly.....many thanks again!
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins