FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Twitch.tv/Justin.tv

<<

zeke

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 am

Re: Twitch.tv/Justin.tv

^ Thanks; I took a look at that originally but I don't follow it. I have never worked in linux and don't know how to adapt that to Mac OSX.

Is 1.1 stable now? I have read many issues regarding 1.1

Would this be a good guide to follow?

http://jungels.net/articles/ffmpeg-howto.html

or perhaps

https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/Mac ... ationGuide

Edit: Upgraded to 1.1 - 3 streams show up in folder now (live/360p and iPhone).

But, the video is super laggy/choppy. Sound processes faster than video. Would building ffmpeg fix that?

I have looked at these guides and thought http://jungels.net/articles/ffmpeg-howto.html was the easiest to follow. But, I just can't figure this crap out.
It says you need Apple Developer Tools. So I downloaded and installed that. But it doesnt say what to do after that. If I'm supposed to create a command tool line, etc. I don't know how to proceed with the steps.

Also, have a problem where it will say "Cannot read file". Sometimes it can read it and sometimes it can't. If I keep trying, eventually it works. Similar to my dilemma with iLive: viewtopic.php?p=63770#p63770

I also have the hulu plugin and that works fine... unless I have been screwing around watching the iLive steams and want to go back to hulu stuff, it won't read the files...
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 pm

i'm sorry, but i really can't help you with your MAC. i've never used one myself and probably never will (unless i get freakishly rich and oblivious to everything, and then i'll put ubuntu on it).

the video on this particular stream does look fairly choppy on my tv with a compiled version of ffmpeg on linux. maybe it's an issue with the media player of your tv; don't know (and is beyond the scope of this plugin anyway).
<<

zeke

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:03 am

jules wrote:and oblivious to everything

I don't know what that's supposed to mean but thanks anyway.

Never thought I'd get a mac either but it's basically a DJs best friend.
<<

ginopopo

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 am

I managed to get it working with private channels! (channels with passwords)

Heres how I did it :

You have to edit the twitch.groovy file with a text editor (I am recommending Sublime text 2 btw).

Find this line : final String TWITCH_API_URL = "http://usher.justin.tv/find/CHANNELNAME.json?type=any&group=&channel_subscription="

and simply add : &private_code=PASSWORDHERE

The result should look like: final String TWITCH_API_URL = "http://usher.justin.tv/find/CHANNELNAME.json?type=any&group=&channel_subscription=&private_code=PASSWORDHERE"

Save the file, restart the serviio service just in case, then it should work :D

Warning: I have not tested other channels (those that doesnt require a password) afterwards, maybe you will have to re-edit the plugin file later (remove "&private_code=PASSWORDHERE").

I am aware that this is an ugly workaround, maybe the author can implement it in a good way if he has time.

Many thanks to the author of this amazing plugin!
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

hey, great work!

is PASSWORDHERE the actual password that you would enter in the browser? because if so, i'll just implement something where you add that bit into the url you're adding as a web resource.

EDIT: i've made some changes. can you try this plugin?

just add &pass=PASSWORDHERE to the url you add as a web resource.
Attachments
twitch.groovy
potential V4
(5.31 KiB) Downloaded 1630 times
<<

ginopopo

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Wow that was quick!
I will try it tonight and report.

Thank you.
<<

kiwi82

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I also found the trick by copyng and pass the password in String TWITCH_API_URL (an exemple: http://code.google.com/p/divingmules-re ... t.py?r=126)... I had also tried to increase the plug by pass the password with the "display name (under the url)" but I'm so bad in java that I failed. Thank you jules to increase your plug with your solution witch is better that mine. I 'll try it next friday
<<

kiwi82

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:17 pm

i've got the message into the log: "No signature of method: java.lang.String.positive() is applicable for argument types: () values: []"
I think it's here: def url = TWITCH_API_URL.replaceAll("CHANNELNAME", channelName.toLowerCase())
+ "&private_code=" + getPassword(resourceUrl.toString())
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GROOVY-3319)

but even I correct it, it must stay an another error because the plug don't work. ginopopo, can you confirm this (or not ...)?
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 pm

i don't know, the plugin works fine for non-passworded channels, even when i try using a password on them (which obviously has no effect for them). i don't get your error message.

it would be possible to work out things if i had access to a passworded channel to try it out on.
<<

Moter8

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Yesterday this plugin worked for me (Win8 + Ps3) but today I cant watch any streams with it...
The PS3 gives me this error: Multimedia server error: A network error has occured (80710723) :(
Googled this but didnt found anything that helped...

EDIT: Turns out it had some problem with avast that i updated from version 7 to 8 today... disabled it and all was okay. :D
<<

Witiko

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 am

I have been using this plugin for a few weeks now to watch live streams on Twitch. But I can not find a way to play recorded videos on Twitch. Dose anyone know how I can do this.

An example of a recorded video I want to watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/373060921
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 pm

i don't think there's a good way of implementing this, because twitch saves VODs split up into 30min segments, so for e.g. the above VOD which is 24 hours long, you'd have 48 individual files. I can implement it, I just don't see a good way of using it..
<<

Mimentu

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 am

Hey Guys and first of all thanks jules for this plugin.

Sadly i got the same problem as devidation mentioned in the 2nd post.

VLC plays it as it should be but on my Toshiba Regza 40XV733 the borders are cut.

i guess since it's playing correctly in VLC ffmpge is doing it's job correctly right?
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 pm

it works fine for me on a variety of devices -- phones, tvs, vlc. have you tried doing what he did; change the zoom mode?
<<

Mimentu

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:35 pm

thanks for the reply and yes... got i somehow working perfectly now... but it's really weird...

i had to find the autoscaling option which is quite hidden in the menu and only available when you've set the input to "TV".
after that you can select "native" at the zooming options.... but that's still not all to it.

you have to switch to native, back to something else and then back to native... (zoom factors of my thoshiba)

anyways it's working now ;-)
<<

Gunhed

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:18 pm

hi,

this plugin only works 50% of the time. when it's working it's ok.
when it's not working, it doesn't show me the channel and any resolution to choose. I added deleted and readded the specific channel and other channels as well but it won't work.
restarting of Serviio doesn't change anything. I'm at a loss here.

These are not restricted channels. :(
<<

boct1584

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm having trouble too; no matter what channel URL I try to add, I always get a red X when I hit "check stream URL." Using Serviio 1.2.1 if it matters.
<<

jules

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:58 am

Gunhed wrote:hi,

this plugin only works 50% of the time. when it's working it's ok.
when it's not working, it doesn't show me the channel and any resolution to choose. I added deleted and readded the specific channel and other channels as well but it won't work.
restarting of Serviio doesn't change anything. I'm at a loss here.

These are not restricted channels. :(

if it doesn't show you a channel at all (as in a "folder"), that's not a problem with the plugin, that might be a problem with serviio itself. i have no solution to that.

if the channel shows -- you see a folder -- but the folder is empty (no qualities), then the channel was offline the last time that the channel was updated. try to update it by opening up the serviio console, going to library/online sources and right-clicking on the channel, then selecting "force refresh" and wait two minutes. after that, retry finding qualities in the channel. if this doesn't work consistently, then give me example channels so i can try to reproduce.

boct1584 wrote:I'm having trouble too; no matter what channel URL I try to add, I always get a red X when I hit "check stream URL." Using Serviio 1.2.1 if it matters.

that's because you're doing it wrong. as it states in the first post, select as source type: "web resource". the check stream url button is inactive with that selected, and it should work just fine.
<<

boct1584

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:12 pm

I missed the part about adding the streams as web resources, and DID try it, but didn't add the popouts.

That got it, mostly. It'll work for a while, then die with an error message I haven't managed to catch yet (I think it starts with a 9), then I get network error 80710723 when I try to reconnect. I have to stop and restart the Serviio service before it will work again.

EDIT: This is streaming to a PS3.
<<

Witiko

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 17, 2013 5:25 pm

I have been watching streams for a long time now on my PS3 with this plugin. I have never had a real problem till now.

http://www.twitch.tv/magicprotour

I can not get this one to stream. I tried a few random channels and they all worked but this one. The file named magicprotour [www.twitch.tv] is listed but nothing is in the file.

I have tried restarting the PS3 and PC. Downloaded the new versions of serviio and this plug-in. I have all the same option selected as my other streams.

Web Resource
http://www.twitch.tv/magicprotour
Video

Can anyone help me with this?

Today it is working just fine. No idea why.
PreviousNext

Return to Available plugins