FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thumbnail Updates

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 am

Thumbnail Updates

After creating and implementing a plugin with icons for each item, I updated some of the icon source files. When the feed refreshed, the feed items were refreshed in the cache but the old icons were not removed and continue to display instead of the new ones. How does one force an icon refresh?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:12 am

Re: Thumbnail Updates

probably a bug, although this is not a real world issue where icons won't be changing in a published feed.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm

zip wrote:probably a bug, although this is not a real world issue where icons won't be changing in a published feed.

No, I do not consider it a bug, because it makes no sense to reacquire the icons on every feed refresh. That's why I only asked " How does one force an icon refresh?"

I can change the name of the thumbnail in the feed to force this, but will that cause the old icon to be removed from the database? ie: is each cached thumbnail linked to its feeditem or is there a separate cache of thumbnails used by all feeditems?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm

ok, see what you mean. The thumbnail cache is separate and the key is the image URL. So you'd have to change the URL of the image in the feed. Alternatively you can remove the cache file structure (in library folder) - it's not a DB and it'll repopulate next time you restart Serviio (but it'll have to do ffmpeg -i on all your feed items again).
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Cool..quite acceptable..I'll add to my wiki project.

Return to Plugin development