FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Confused about Groovy

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:47 am

Confused about Groovy

I wanted to test a groovy file as listed on the Serviio Wiki http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=servio_plugins. Everything seems to be pointing to Groovy.exe being installed with Serviio. However, I searched the hard drive and found no such file. I did a web search and found where to download Groovy, which I have done and installed. My test script still fails, but I think it has something to do with 32 vs 64 bit Java, and I'm not going to bother troubleshooting it right now.

However, I am wondering if Groovy was supposed to be installed along with Serviio, or is Groovy embedded within one of the other files included with Serviio? If it's embedded, how is this test function supposed to work? If it is supposed to be installed along with Serviio, could this explain the problems I am having attempting to use online content on some of my viewing devices?

I am only having success with online content via my 2011 Panasonic Plasma TV (ST50 series). My Panasonic BLuRay player (BDP110) won't play anything and won't even let me scroll the available folders. My Sony SNP-N200 sees all the folders, but they are all empty of any content.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:05 am

Re: Confused about Groovy

Are you trying to use someone's plugin, or are you looking to develop your own. If it is the first, ask in the plugin's thread as the developer should be able to help you.

Groovy is distributed as a jar in the libs folder IIRC.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support

Return to Plugin development