FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

getting plugin to find the playpath

<<

ttguy

Serviio lover

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

getting plugin to find the playpath

So I know how to find the playpath using Wireshark. I can see it in a Real Time Messaging Protocol packet
Real Time Messaging Protocol (AMF3 Command play('mp4:flash/playback/_definst_/drwhoconfidential_06_07'))

But does anyone have any hints on how I can get my groovy plugin to generate this data on the fly.

I guess I need to simulate the click on the play button in the embeded player and then capture the packet. But I have no idea how to do that.
Below are a few of the packets from wire shark. Should I try and send a createStream() message? Man I am so lost. How does the web page know what play command to send. I can't see it. Any hints folks ? My plugin works if I hard code my play path. So I am sooooo close.

Real Time Messaging Protocol (AMF3 Command createStream()) (out)
Real Time Messaging Protocol (User Control Message Set Buffer Length 0,2000ms) (out)
Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: macromedia-fcs (1935), Dst Port: 55173 (55173), Seq: 1, Ack: 35, Len: 41 (incomming)
Real Time Messaging Protocol (AMF3 Command play('mp4:flash/playback/_definst_/drwhoconfidential_06_07')) (out)
--
linux/Humax HDR-3000T
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: getting plugin to find the playpath

I don't think you can look at RTMP packets in Groovy, at least not easily. Usually the web site players need the same mechanism to generate the URL as your plugin. I normally use FireBug or similar to track the web site network trafic, and from there you can usually get the way the player gets the URL. SOmetimes it's in the original html page source, sometimes it makes a GET request to another url to get back an XML with the data ... all sorts of things

Return to Plugin development