FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

More information on Videos

Moderator: martyn

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 pm

More information on Videos

I know that it is not required to give more information on video URLs that are posted. But I know that it would make it easier for me, in the subject line there was something that gives a little info about the post.

ie.

Code:
www.nasa.com (Space, Telescope)

Code:
www.cnn.com (24 News)

Code:
www.ziffdavis.com (tech)

It might be a good idea to setup a thread of various abbreviations so that everyone would be using the same abbreviations. I know some URLs will have varied videos, but it would be alot easier to find one you want with more information and not having to open each one and then go to the rss and see what is there.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 am

Re: More information on Videos

It looks like "genre" for movies, but manually selected between a list of "label" or "group".
I think the better would be to add a submenu under online feed.
Don't you think?
Serviio WebUI console developer : New Homepage | Support | Project | Issues

Samsung UA32C6600 | WinXP / Ubuntu 11.10 | Samsung Galaxy S | Freebox v6
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:54 am

I think he means URLs linked in this forum.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 am

zip wrote:I think he means URLs linked in this forum.

Yes, with the addition of all the new video feeds, it makes it hard to find what you want.

martyn has started adding the information on a URL in the post is a huge help. It prevents having to open each rss and see what type of videos are in it.

martyn wrote:http://feeds.feedburner.com/ESOcast?format=xml ( may stutter could be my computer though )

ESOcast is a video podcast series dedicated to bringing you the latest news and research from ESO, the European Southern Observatory. Here we explore the Universe's ultimate frontier with our host Doctor J, a.k.a. Dr. Joe Liske.

Going one step further, maybe adding something to the subject line to allow a quick glance at the forum group and only click the ones that you are interested in.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

kairoh

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:42 am

zip wrote:I think he means URLs linked in this forum.

OK, I need some sleep :roll:
It could be a nice feature anyway.
Serviio WebUI console developer : New Homepage | Support | Project | Issues

Samsung UA32C6600 | WinXP / Ubuntu 11.10 | Samsung Galaxy S | Freebox v6

Return to Video feeds