FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't pause/ff/rew/resume with Toshiba 32RL958

<<

mattd

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 am

Can't pause/ff/rew/resume with Toshiba 32RL958

Hi,

Am a brand new Serviio user and very happy with progress so far.

I've got a Toshiba 32RL958, and have selected the Regza profile. I can finally choose video from my NAS and it transcodes beautifully to my TV.

The problem I'm having is that I can't even pause the playback. The TV says "Processing, please wait..." for a few seconds, and that's about it.

I did read on the forum that some devices don't support time-based seek, which is the only seek supported by Serviio when transcoding but my questions are:
    1. How can I tell if my TV supports time-basedseek?
    2. Surely I should still be able to pause playback (and maybe resume after stopping as well as pausing?)
    3. Is there something else I can tweak (I attempted creating a new profile and selecting mpegts as target container, but it made no difference).

Let me know what info I can provide.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
<<

mattd

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Can't pause/ff/rew/resume with Toshiba 32RL958

In case this helps others:

After reading the forums and trying a bunch of random and not so random stuff, I came across this post:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4623&hilit=devicespy&start=20#p70515

Applying the profile posted in that link ("Toshiba L4333") works for me, at least on the few .avi files that I just threw at it!
I can pause, stop+resume, FF/RW, etc.

I hope it works for you. I can't say I understand what it is doing, to be honest. DLNA seems so extraordinarily fragile and arcane.

Return to Toshiba