FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update profile request for 46WL863

<<

kay

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Update profile request for 46WL863

Hi all,
I'd like to ask if there could be an update starting from the REGZA generic profile for my 46WL863 .
Shortly; I was trying to see an .mkv, my notebook has the latest Serviio version available and I'm using the generic REGZA profile enabling Transcoding capabilities.
I had some problems, which might be related to the wifi connection and/or processor performance (i5, with 8 GB of RAM... possible?)... after the first minutes, the video started to scatter and lag, so does the audio. I've tried with multiple settings, no way, the file is unwatchable.
Tried also to disable Transcoding; as expected, the video is not playable anymore ("Media Playback error").

But...
I copied the mkv file on an USB pen and tried to access directly inserting the device on an USB port of the TV; it worked flawlessly. So I'm assuming, my 46WL863 set *does* support natively mkv container but the REGZA profile doesn't.
Is there any chance to get a precise profile based on specific configuration?
Thanks in advance ;)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: Update profile request for 46WL863

It's often the case that the internal player has different capabilities that the DLNA module. So it's possible MKV play from USB but not via network. If you disable transcoding the file will play natively, but as it doesn't work for you it seems the TV doesn't support that format via DLNA.

Return to Toshiba