FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't get 39PFL2608 to connect to Serviio

<<

bhockenstein

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:33 am

Can't get 39PFL2608 to connect to Serviio

Hello, as the title says I can't seem to get my new Philips 39PFL2608 to connect to my Serviio server running on my mac.

It lists the TV in the "renderer profile" list, and I've tried all three Philips profiles but on the tv when I select "Browse a PC", it never finds the server.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:27 am

Re: Can't get 39PFL2608 to connect to Serviio

Check through a few things:
  • http://www.serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q1
  • Ensure all devices are on the same subnet (all have the same IP address other than the last digits)
Also describe your network. If on wireless and if possible, try wired and vice versa.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

bhockenstein

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Thank you SO much for your quick response. I really appreciate it as I am obviously super excited to get this working

My setup is the TV is wireless and the desktop is wired to the router

The IP adresses match (except last two digits)

after that i got a bit lost. I am not sure where to find my /etc/network/interfaces file it recommends modifying, nor my "Network Settings" in Serviio (v 1.3.1 can't find it!)

I am on a Mac, os 10.6.8
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:35 am

Are you able to try the TV on a wired connection as a test? Also, what model router are you using?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

bhockenstein

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:07 pm

the router is a Cisco #dpc3825

the tv does have a LAN plug but right now I don not have a cable long enough to connect it. Do you think this could make a big difference? I could go buy a long cable
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:23 am

Some routers (cisco/linksys in particular) seem to treat their wireless and wired as two separate domains and don't allow packets to be broadcast from one domain to the other by default. Broadcasting is required by all DLNA media servers, Serviio included.

The wired connection would have helped test if this is the case, however now that I know the model a quck google cofirms it (see: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2123052). It's now a case of extensive googling to find an answer. Some things to try:
  • Turn UPnP and IGMP Proxy on (both should be on by default - if it is try turning off one at a time) - under the Administration, Management screen for your router.
  • one thing I did read is to try unchecking "Block IP Flood Detection" on the "Security/Firewall" part of your router (can't see how its related but doesn't hurt to try - or better simply disable this firewall fully as a test).
If you do find the answer, please report back to assist others.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

bhockenstein

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:36 pm

I did not find a solution to bridge the two sides of my network. In fact after a bit of research it would seem my ISP actually took out all those setting you recommended playing with from my router setup.

I did plug the TV into the router though and sure enough it now sees the Serviio server. BAM! Thanks so much for the help.

Next up, figuring it all out. I can currently view photos and listen to MP3s but can't play video files or figure out how the RSS streams work. What is the secret to getting non-supported video files (ie. not natively supported by the tv) to stream?
<<

bhockenstein

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Got video working with another custom Philips profile I found on here. No fast forward or rewind yet, and some formats seems to be stuttering but other than that it seems to be working.

Thank you so much for your help, it's truly incredible there are always people out there willing to donate some time to help a stranger!
<<

bhockenstein

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:32 am

any suggestion to enable pausing of movies?

Return to Philips