FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SEVERAL PHILIPS TV'S WITH THE SAME SERVIIO SERVER

<<

cmfigueiredo

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 am

SEVERAL PHILIPS TV'S WITH THE SAME SERVIIO SERVER

Gentlemen,

I have an installation where I need to have have the information displayed from the same server. The TV'S are in the same network but I cannot get the information across using the same serviio server residing on the network server.

Can you help? Please keep me posted on this subject matter asap.

Rgds
Carlos M. de Figueiredo
email: cmfigueiredo@alteming.com
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 am

Re: SEVERAL PHILIPS TV'S WITH THE SAME SERVIIO SERVER

You can have multiple TV's share the same Serviio server (they must all be on the same subnet). They can all view the same content at the same time.

Can you provide more detail on your problem: is it that all TV's are not showing the Serviio icon, or is it that when you try to watch the same content that is being watched on another TV, it fails (describe what you actually see). Is it a case that you can play on a number of TV's, but after you add more and more it fails?

Note that if you are trying to play the video in sync across all TV's this is not possible using Serviio (at least not possible by simply using Serviio's "standard" streaming. There may be ways by establishing a live stream and having every TV connect to that, but it will be complex and even this may not be perfectly in sync - have never tried to do this, its just a concept in my head at this stage).

If its not the latter that you are attempting to do, post a detailed log of you trying to play the movie on multiple TV's.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Philips