FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

crippled content directory on Philips ND2500 (audio only)

<<

Hominidae

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

crippled content directory on Philips ND2500 (audio only)

Hi folks,

at first start I'd like to say hello and thank you for that fine piece of software...keep up the good work!
I started to use v0.52 with my Panasonic Viera TV, which appears to get along fine with serviio-server.

Today I discovered that with my other player, a Philips NP2500 (audio only), there is a problem.
This device does not have a profile (yet) within serviio, so I registered it with the default, standard DLNA profile.
With this profile, the content directory / tree displays the first top-level (Artist) on the device, nothing more.
Under that, all my music gets listed as far as I can tell and it plays fine.
However, I'd like to see the other top-level entries activated as well.

..what can I do to fix this?

BTW: I tried my google foo, but failed miserably :roll:

best regards,
Hominidae
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Re: crippled content directory on Philips ND2500 (audio only

if you disable the artists folder in the serviio console is a different folder displayed, if yes then it would seem like the device will only allow 1 top level folder.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 am

or it might be related to the bug we saw on LG devices and should be fixed in 0.6
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:55 pm

zip wrote:or it might be related to the bug we saw on LG devices and should be fixed in 0.6

yep that was my guess but i was taking baby steps to be sure :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Hominidae

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Cerberus wrote:if you disable the artists folder in the serviio console is a different folder displayed, if yes then it would seem like the device will only allow 1 top level folder.

thanks for the reply...

I will test what you suggested as soon as I can get back to the console...but I can confirm that the device
shows several toplevel folders with other servers just fine (like twonky, mediatomb, minidlna, ps3ms).
I just want to host only one server for all my devices and serviio works best with my TV so far...
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Hominidae wrote:
Cerberus wrote:if you disable the artists folder in the serviio console is a different folder displayed, if yes then it would seem like the device will only allow 1 top level folder.

thanks for the reply...

I will test what you suggested as soon as I can get back to the console...but I can confirm that the device
shows several toplevel folders with other servers just fine (like twonky, mediatomb, minidlna, ps3ms).
I just want to host only one server for all my devices and serviio works best with my TV so far...

yes we have a feeling it a bug in serviio that ZIP repaired for the new version currently under beta testing status ( 0.6 )
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to Philips