FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NP1100

<<

mwsh

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 pm

NP1100

Hi,

I've just installed Serviio and it works fine for 2 of my DLNA clients - but doesn't work at all for the Phillips NP1100.
It wont even allow me to browse the music at all. I select the the server on the Philips client and it won't display anything.

I've tried 3 other media servers (MediaTomb, Plex and Twonky) with the NP1100 and they all connect and allow the NP1100
to browse the music. But Serviio doesn't allow me to browse the music.

I've tried changing the Profile but no success.
<<

mbartelt

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: NP1100

Hi,

here the same problem. One Philips NP2500 works like a charme and my NP1100 shows only the serviio server and nothing more.

I found in some earlier post, that the BubbleUPnpServer will help in this situation. It is not a stand allone server, it is a proxy server. With this installed too, the NP1100 will work, but other clients will show up then 2 Servers. Not an ideal situation, but it makes the NP1100 work again.

A working version of serviio for the NP100 will be much nicer, but I don't know if it is possible.

Manfred
<<

mwsh

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: NP1100

mbartelt wrote:here the same problem. One Philips NP2500 works like a charme and my NP1100 shows only the serviio server and nothing more.

Thanks for the reply - its great to have it confirmed that I'm not doing anything wrong.

mbartelt wrote:I found in some earlier post, that the BubbleUPnpServer will help in this situation. It is not a stand allone server, it is a proxy server. With this installed too, the NP1100 will work, but other clients will show up then 2 Servers. Not an ideal situation, but it makes the NP1100 work again.

Interesting - I've been running 2 DLNA servers at the moment. Not sure whether there's an advantage to running a proxy - but will
have a look.

mbartelt wrote:A working version of serviio for the NP100 will be much nicer, but I don't know if it is possible.

Agreed - serviio looks really good and simpler to set up Plex for transcoding.
It seems like the DLNA/uPnp spec either isn't well specified or isn't well implemented by everyone.

Thanks again

Return to Philips