FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Be able to create custom profiles without editing the xml

<<

BluePriest

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Be able to create custom profiles without editing the xml

Before using serviio (or at least im workin on trying to use it) I used isedora. On that, it shows the devices that are on the network, and you can click on them and then just choose which files it can output. This would be a lot more user friendly, and increase compatability with a lot less work.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Be able to create custom profiles without editing the xml

I don't necessarily think so. Once the profiles are properly defined, use will not have to do anything and files should just play. Most users don't know and don't want to know anything about file types.

On top of that, it's quite UI heavy I imagine and I'd prefer spending time on extending other features.
<<

BluePriest

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:36 am

Re: Be able to create custom profiles without editing the xml

Another alternative to ensure support would just be to instead of having a playback to certain devices, have a universal "Avi" mode, and "MPEG", and "MP4" mode. You could choose these instead of choosing a specific device (although choosing the device could still be possible). This way people that do know the supported formats of their player could just choose the file type their player works with.

Return to Feature requests