FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A couple new features

<<

Nightless

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:41 pm

A couple new features

Hi,
I've a couple of features for the future :)

1. A search method. So you can search for a movie.
2. A better navigation pane. For example, If you open the folder actors, it's such a huge folder and if you navigate with the navigation pane, it only takes a couple of steps. The best way would be for example if you are in the actors folder and in the folder "A", you can type "Ad" and you'll get only the actorsname starting with "Ad". But I think that will be not possible so a another way might me handy, a way where you make bigger jumps than you can do now.
3. On mediaplayers you have the following function but I don't know if you could add this. It's a time function. With this you can jump in time when you watch a movie so you could start a movie from a certain time. Some movies I can't forward, is this a samsung problem, a serviio problem or a movie problem?

Although thanks for your good work. I really like you are keep doing those updates.
Maybe a suggestion, can you give more info on the new updates? Like all the bugs that are fixed, all the new features that are added. It would be great ;)
Keep up the good work! :-)
Greetz,
Nightless
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: A couple new features

Samsung TV doesn't support search, nor entering characters. I can only give you subset of the data, ie the first letter or first 2 letters. Not sure how usefult this is for generic user though.
Fast forward and rewind is possible for certain file types with Samsung. Nothing I can do about it, the TV doesn't support everything ;-/

One thing you have to realize is that Serviio only serves data to requests made by the player (TV). If the TV makes a request, Serviio responds. If the Tv manufacturer decides not to support certain features Serviio can do nothing about it.

New features are listed with the released software (check your installation directory - RELEASE NOTES) and also there is a link on the download page to the release notes. List of issues (open and closed) is available on my bug tracking page: http://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/issues/

Return to Feature requests