FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Removing the Alphabet List from artists?

<<

LegionOfBrad

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 18, 2014 11:36 am

Removing the Alphabet List from artists?

Hi there, is there anyway to have the option to remove the alphabet list from when i drill down into "Artists" in music I don't want to presented with just ABCDEFG.... I would much rather it just showed my full list of artists like an ipod would. It would make choosing music much easier (for me!)

Thanks!
<<

CrashFF

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 23, 2014 2:25 am

Re: Removing the Alphabet List from artists?

I second this, and my music library is over 300,000 tracks including discographies I've collected, compilations, covers, soundtracks, etc.
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:00 pm

+1 (for it being an option).
Using Serviio on Debian "Wheezy" with Xbox 360, Sony BDP-S370 & Panasonic E6.
<<

valentinm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:59 pm

New here, but I certainly would like to have the option to remove it.
<<

Nodagoscha

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:03 pm

This would be a good thing
A great thing would be this: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16312

Regards
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Also a +1 for the option
<<

NiceTry

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:42 pm

I also support having this option. In other implementations I've seen, being able to select an "All Songs" or "All Albums" or "All Artists" or "All" whatever is at the next level is a useful feature to aggregate content. Although I'm not keen on the alphabet sub-indexing, it would be more acceptable if I also had the ability to select them "All."

Eg. When drilling into the tree for a specific artist you could see all relevant albums PLUS a selection for "All Songs." Similar paradigms could be applied for other categories.

Genres almost work that way already. You get to play all items in the genre without having to pick through artists and albums.
<<

ijhammo

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:39 pm

NiceTry wrote:I also support having this option. In other implementations I've seen, being able to select an "All Songs" or "All Albums" or "All Artists" or "All" whatever is at the next level is a useful feature to aggregate content. Although I'm not keen on the alphabet sub-indexing, it would be more acceptable if I also had the ability to select them "All."

Eg. When drilling into the tree for a specific artist you could see all relevant albums PLUS a selection for "All Songs." Similar paradigms could be applied for other categories.

Genres almost work that way already. You get to play all items in the genre without having to pick through artists and albums.

+1 here - i rarely know what artist I want when looking for music and being able to browse 'All Artists' would be very nice indeed

Return to Feature requests