FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Renaming Servers?

<<

peters

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Renaming Servers?

Is it possible to rename the servers?

Problem is I have three NAS units I am sharing from. Each has the media under a folder called "Media". Ergo, I get three choices, all named "Media" when choosing my source when viewing by Folder (which is how I like to access my media).

Is it possible to have an option to change the name in the listing so that there are not so many?
If not change the name, use the computer name then the folder "Telly - Media"?

Thanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Renaming Servers?

so you mean a " friendlyname " for each folder you have added to your library ??
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

peters

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:59 pm

That would be great. Just some way so I don't end up with a bunch of folders all named "Media". It seems every NAS vendor creates a folder named Media and expects you to put everything into it. The problem is once you've drilled down (for example on a Sony BD player) there is no reference to what you are looking at if you are using multiple NAS units (I have 4 in total).

Thanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:34 pm

peters wrote:That would be great. Just some way so I don't end up with a bunch of folders all named "Media". It seems every NAS vendor creates a folder named Media and expects you to put everything into it. The problem is once you've drilled down (for example on a Sony BD player) there is no reference to what you are looking at if you are using multiple NAS units (I have 4 in total).

Thanks

yer i agree, i have seen this done on other DLNA server, but serviio doesnt have that feature why not put a feature request in on bitbucket and maybe zip can add this feature to a future release
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:50 am

Where does this 'Media' from? YOu could change friendly name of the server (currently Serviio (PC name)). I don't understand what exactly you want to achieve. Maybe some pictures would help - excuse my stupidity ;-)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:06 am

here is the image you requested Zip :-)

friendlynames.png
friendlynames.png (64.37 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 am

Ahh got you.. so there can be 3 entries all ending /Media and then it's the mess ;-) I would have thought it'd be better to share something like /Media/Videos and /Media/Music ... ?
Anyway, the above should not be too difficult to implement. Create the ticket if you wish.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 pm

zip wrote:Ahh got you.. so there can be 3 entries all ending /Media and then it's the mess ;-) I would have thought it'd be better to share something like /Media/Videos and /Media/Music ... ?
Anyway, the above should not be too difficult to implement. Create the ticket if you wish.

Bitbucket ticket: ( #242 Renaming Folders? )

https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... ng-folders
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:04 pm

whoopps my bad wrong thread :( sry zip
Last edited by Cerberus on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:12 pm

it has not

Return to Feature requests