FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Library refresh API

<<

CaptainRewind

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 am

Library refresh API

My library contents changes often, but refreshing every 5 minutes uses additional resources which could be performing other functions. Furthermore, setting a refresh interval from an arbitrary point when the process was first started doesn't let me pinpoint what time of day the refresh is performed.

Ideally, I would like to use cron to run a shell script that refreshes the library when I choose. In Windows this could be done using Scheduled Tasks and an exe.

Thanks.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:50 am

Re: Library refresh API

oh god another users obsessed by resources :( serviio has been designed so that when a refresh is triggered it will only use what resources are availible to it so if your running aother program that needs alot of resources like say battlefield bad company 2 ( game) the serviio will use whatever reasources are left until you free up more by finishing your game, it will have no impact on other programs at all.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 pm

there is an operation in the API to force refresh, get the doc here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1456
<<

CaptainRewind

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Cerberus wrote:oh god another users obsessed by resources :( serviio has been designed so that when a refresh is triggered it will only use what resources are availible to it so if your running aother program that needs alot of resources like say battlefield bad company 2 ( game) the serviio will use whatever reasources are left until you free up more by finishing your game, it will have no impact on other programs at all.

I think my other issue with running Vuze and Serviio simultaneously is what prompted this. Nonetheless I have a large library and only a moderately-performing system. I'll take whatever perf enhancements I can get.

zip wrote:there is an operation in the API to force refresh, get the doc here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1456

I will take a look, or try just using the CURL command mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

I think it's safe to say you can close this thread out and disregard the request. There look to be at least two other viable options here (actually they are one in the same).

Thanks.

Return to Feature requests