FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Embedded Metadata Extractor for Video

<<

ccaptain00

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Embedded Metadata Extractor for Video

Petr - I know this has been requested before, and shot down, but due to the current fiasco with TMDB switching versions, I'd thought I'd request it again. I have been using Serviio since version .60. This is my biggest wish for this program. I am very particular about my collection so I use MetaX to write metadata to all my MP4s. Now because of TMDB, I have no new metadata. I know you are working on a fix for this, but once version 1.3 is done, I would be willing to donate money for a commitment of your time and resources to add a scraper to Serviio. itunes and VLC are both capable of scraping MP4s for this data.

My second wish would be the ability to limit the media streamed my daughter's WDTV Live in her bedroom to those with an MPAA of G or PG.

I pledge a $100 USD donation via paypal right now. Anybody with me for and embedded metadata scraper?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Re: Embedded Metadata Extractor for Video

I can do that, no problem, but not sure when - 1.3 is getting pretty big.

You can start by cretaing a bitbucket ticket and post ffmpeg -i for as many different files (with metadata created by different programs) as possible. I'm not sure if different programs use the same tags or not, so just want to make sure we cover all the edge cases.
<<

ccaptain00

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 am

<<

Syndicate

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:17 pm

How do we add to the ticket. After looking at the info the other user posted I would like to post mine. I use MKV and M4V files (that itunes recognizes as the orignal poster wanted) and use the programs iDentify and VideoMonkey to encode the meta data into the files. Also I usally have 2 audio tracks (english,german) and after I first started using Serviio on my Snyology 1800 NAS, Serviio will some how find the german language track in the mp4/mv4 files even though they are encoded with english as the first and play fine on say Apple tv or PS3 via Itunes or plex. Just thought since no other Server seems to support embbeded meta data even with all the online issues I would open up my varied Library for you to go through.

Oh and I would happy pay the $100 to so could get the wife to stop using the stupid Apple TV (wants the Meta Data when browesing her TV episodes).
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Syndicate wrote:How do we add to the ticket. After looking at the info the other user posted I would like to post mine. I use MKV and M4V files (that itunes recognizes as the orignal poster wanted) and use the programs iDentify and VideoMonkey to encode the meta data into the files. Also I usally have 2 audio tracks (english,german) and after I first started using Serviio on my Snyology 1800 NAS, Serviio will some how find the german language track in the mp4/mv4 files even though they are encoded with english as the first and play fine on say Apple tv or PS3 via Itunes or plex. Just thought since no other Server seems to support embbeded meta data even with all the online issues I would open up my varied Library for you to go through.

Oh and I would happy pay the $100 to so could get the wife to stop using the stupid Apple TV (wants the Meta Data when browesing her TV episodes).

Post ffmpeg -i for a few files as attachments to the above bitbucket ticket
<<

Syndicate

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Sorry for the late reply (summer is busy time for my job). Will post a few movies and TV episodes to the ticket above. Will post normal ones of just one audio stream and metadata and ones with 2 audio streams and the embedeed metadata (aka cover art, description, etc..)
<<

supshow

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:29 am

Is it possible to add support of embedded cover art in .mkv (like in HMS)? I know Serviio can get covers from TMBD, but in some cases it's inaccurate.

Adding separate .jpg or .png covers with a matching filename is time-consuming and unreasonable, especially if the .mkv containers already have embedded cover art (typically, cover.jpg).

Please consider adding this much needed feature. Thank you!

Return to Feature requests