FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Category Pre-Selection

<<

hkramski

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Category Pre-Selection

Hi Petr,

after fixing the dreaded media player anamorphic scaling bug of my Samsung B650 (thanks to new_age's firmware) I am now open for non-transcoding servers. In a quick test with only a small amount of files, Serviio (on Debian 5) looks very promising so far, thank you for your good work!

One thing that always confuses me and my family is the unnecessary double selection of categories: The tv's media player already offers "Pictures", "Music" and "Movies" (or something like that, german OSD here) in the main menu - somehow Samung's own Share Manager is able to respect this pre-selection and does not offer a (useless) selection of main categories again.

If you are modeling Serviio for your own Samsung device, you may already have analyzed network communication with Share Manager. Do you have any plans to implement a pre-selection like that in Serviio? I would really appreciate that.

Again, thanks a lot and best regards
Heinz
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Category Pre-Selection

Hi Heinz,

I know, it's a pain in the but. I was looking into it and it's very closely coupled with the Samsung Share Manager. Basically they use some non-standard services in their server which I have absolutely no idea how they internally work (some kind of indexing service). So no way for me to implement this, and to be honest I'd rather put my efforts into some more exciting stuff ;-)

Sorry to disappoint you on this one.

Return to Feature requests