Easily remove multiple devices at once

<<

RYann

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:49 pm

Easily remove multiple devices at once

Hello,

From times to times I encounter the following problem:
- Serviio is installed on my laptop, with no restriction for my home network (since every clients on my home network is OK).
- I forget to stop Serviio when switching to office network
- then I get hundreds (> 300 IP address last time) of new connected devices listed in Status tab from Servvio-Console
- I have to remove each of these IP adresses one by one by clicking on "Remove"

=> Would it be possible to have something more efficient?
I noticed that one can select several lines of IP addresses in that connected devices list (but without particular effect)
In such a case, a click on "Remove" could then ask if the user want to remove the specifig IP or all the selected ones?
Or maybe add a right-click action after selecting several lines to perform this multiple remove?

Thank you.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:45 am

Re: Easily remove multiple devices at once

I think the capability to remove multiple devices at once has merit.

For your particular case, you should be able to stop this from occurring by editing your firewall entries for Serviio (eg. the Serviio entries in Windows Firewall if using that) to only allow IP addresses in your home network's range to access Serviio. This of course presumes your home network is on a different IP range than your work network (generally the case).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

RYann

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: Easily remove multiple devices at once

Hello,

I'm not using Windows, but macOS.
For the moment I did not find a similar action as you proposed to "protect Serviio" through the firewall.

Nevertheless this could avoid the problem from occurring, but this does not answer to my problem when it occurred: "How to remove multiple devices quickly?"

I dig myself and found the solution, not totally documented in Serviio documentation.

1) To totally uninstall Serviio, the official doc suggests to remove the following things:
  Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Serviio
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.serviio.server.plist

2) Nevertheless, to get rid of the hundreds of listed devices I had to find myself and remove one more directory:
  Code:
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Serviio-Console-Wrapper

I guess the second point should, at least, be documented in the official uninstall procedure so as to let users totally clean up the install when they face annoying residual config files like in my case.

Return to Feature requests