FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Menu / Folder Browsing

<<

Edgicat

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Menu / Folder Browsing

Hi,

It is possible to only display the appropriate folder/subfolder(s) under each menu on the TV (Sony EX703 in this case). The TV has its own menus for selecting between Photos, Music and Videos once you select the video menu you then select the service i.e. Serviio. So when i am selecting a video to watch Is there a way of just displaying the Video folder or the video sub folders only if "display content only" is selected instead of seeing 3 sub folders of "Audio", "Image" and "Video" and then having to select video, and so on for the Music and Photos Menus on the TV.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Menu / Folder Browsing

Not yet.
Serviio is DLNA compliant. This is a DLNA implementation. But customization were done for Samsung TV. We could open a ticket...
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Apparently some other servers can do it. If someone with the TV can figure it out then great ;-)
<<

SirDarquan

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 am

Zip, I believe I know the answer to this one. Windows Media Player when queried adds searchClass elements that tell the viewing device what objects to expect from the container. It looks like this:
<upnp:searchClass includeDerived="0">object.item.videoItem</upnp:searchClass>
What you'll have to do is when the parent container ( 0 ) is queried for Direct children, each folder has to contain 1 or more of those searchClass elements. While I believe you'll only have to use a videoItem, WMP includes container, playlistContainer, genre, movieGenre, movieActor, album and videoAlbum. Music and Photos/Images have similar objects to be used. I can't confirm this because I don't happen to have source code to a DLNA compliant Media Server to modify to test it, but I noticed those differences between Serviio and WMP while attempting to build a Control Point program.
<<

Edgicat

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Sounds like a good place to start. Unfortunately my coding skills are not up to scratch and I've never even looked at java. But if i can help in any other way let me know

Return to Feature requests