FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Add Trailers via online source for each Movie in library

<<

STiFU

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Add Trailers via online source for each Movie in library

I have been a longtime user of Serviio, but there is something about the usability that always bums me out. Sometimes, you just don't remember what a movie was about, so you would like to quickly check a trailer. Swapping to a different app and manually searching the movie title is a hassle on most smart TVs. So, I would like to see a trailer-feature integrated into Serviio, similar to what Media-Center-Software usually offers. This would be a massive upgrade, compared to other media server software. I know there are multiple plugins for trailers for Serviio. These plugins, however, only list the most recent trailers and not the ones you would like to watch right now.

I imagine a possible implementation of this feature like this:
-For every Movie in the local database, a trailer is searched for on the web, e.g., on hd-trailers.net.
-The trailer is automatically added as an online source to the library and displayed as a seperate item right next to the movie in the respective sections, e.g., "movies", "most recent files", etc.

Another (maybe easier) solution could be to automatically have Serviio download the actual trailer and put it into the folder of the movie.
<<

lagunaa

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Re: Add Trailers via online source for each Movie in library

STiFU wrote:I know there are multiple plugins for trailers for Serviio. These plugins, however, only list the most recent trailers and not the ones you would like to watch right now.

1. The already available plug-in for HD-Trailers.net should accept the movie title as input search param
  2. Serviio should invoke that plug-in to retrieve and play the trailer for the (current?) movie
Maybe zip would raise a ticket on BitBucket for that...

Return to Feature requests