FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Re-scan individual directories

<<

Belfaborac

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 am

Re-scan individual directories

First of all, thanks a lot for an excellent program! I've been using Serviio for months now and have had basically no problems at all.

There's just a single feature I sorely miss and that's the ability to re-scan a single library directory, rather than having to force a refresh of the entire library. I use Serviio to stream all my music as well as movies and series and a complete refresh can take well over a day (actually, maybe a lot more; I've never actually let it finish). While that goes on the CPU usage is a constant 25% on all cores on a 3.4GHz quad core, which severely impacts anything else I might want to use the PC for. The time it takes is mainly due to the huge amount of music files, so the ability to refresh only some of the contents of the library would pretty much negate the problem entirely.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 am

Re: Re-scan individual directories

Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:45 am

You could make that work by secting the arrow icon checkbox only for the folder you want to refresh.
<<

Belfaborac

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

You mean deselect everything in library view, except what I want to refresh? Damn, I never thought of that... *slaps forehead hard*

Return to Feature requests