Start (ignore) Servio service on Console start

<<

DIXXX

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Start (ignore) Servio service on Console start

Hi! Mistakingly posted this issue to bitbucket.org
The issue -

As we have Server status and Start\Stop buttons I propose to start (ignoreif ON) Serviio service when Console starts from the shortcut or exe. There could be Automatic Service start (and ignore when running) or there could be the button on the Console start screen - Start Serviio Service. I think first option is better.
The screen telling that the service is not available is annoying and not informative without option to start such service (and you should go for .exe search). Or service will be always ON if files are not damaged. We can add check - if doesnt work - post your serviio must be reinstalled from, etc
Thank you
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Re: Start (ignore) Servio service on Console start

Actually, the BitBucket location is the preferred place to post this, so no worries.

As you probably know, the Server on/off button on the console does not control the Serviio service, only the actual DLNA server function. As written, the console requires Serviio to be running to load. Your suggestion to make the console operate independently of the service has merit, but there might be deeper hooks in the program that just won't work accurately without the service running. It might require significant code rewrite that just doesn't justify the effort. Zip is the only person that can address that.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Samsung UN24H4500 TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 2 XS, 4, Ultra and Stick, Yamaha RX-V679 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

Enable debug logging

Return to Feature requests