FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Option to chose between HTML5 and Flash Player

<<

Clumsy007

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 am

Option to chose between HTML5 and Flash Player

Since i am experiencing really annyoing issues with the HTML5 player (randomly restarting videos, and a not properly working search bar) i wondered if it would be possible to chose between Flash and HTML5 until the HTML-Player gets out of Open-Beta... I guess the only option by now is to remove Serviio install an older Version and create the Database from scratch, what i rly dont wanna do :(
Greetings
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Option to chose between HTML5 and Flash Player

Great idea, html5 player is spotty at best on chromecast, flash player was flawless.

HTML5 player doesn't support any of my audio on chromecast and a lot of the videos stop halfway or refuse to play.
<<

kire

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Re: Option to chose between HTML5 and Flash Player

i actually wanted to request removing the flash player since adobe flash is getting less used everyday because we have html5 nowadays.
if html5 aint working for you then it might be time to upgrade to a new device or fix the issue, it works great on the xbox one.

EDIT: the random video restart out of nowhere i noticed too but it happens rarely, i suspect it has to do with network issues. maybe wifi interference?
this odd behaivor i didnt notice on the xbox one, only on the pc with multiple browsers - could be coincidence

Return to Feature requests