FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A couple of suggestions

<<

Redavenger

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 pm

A couple of suggestions

This is a great media server but and if possible I would like to see a couple of suggestions.

Firstly and I know this has been mentioned in other threads but I would like to see the option to have the files and folders sorted by date (some dlna media players don't have that option like the fetch box)
Second is it would be good that when serviio does its scan for meta data it would still display the file even if it doesn't find the metadata for it. For example I found that alot of my files aren't in the correct name format and hence there is no metadata for it but they don't show up in the listed folder
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Re: A couple of suggestions

when they are no metadata, you can still find the file under Folders and Last Added
<<

Redavenger

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 am

the problem i've found is, for example
i have movies listed as display content only for folders.
so half the movies whos metadata is correct are shown in the folders, however the other half only shows the folder but doesnt show or let you open the file inside the folder which doesnt have metadata.
so it would be good if you could still allow it to open the file in the folder which doesnt have metadata.
<<

zip

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:57 am

that doesn't sound right. can you post screenshot of the console settings (shared folders and presentation) and how it looks like on the TV?
<<

Redavenger

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:45 am

ok i have posted an example, in this particular example i have shared "war for the planet of the apes". the file is located in the folder, however if retrieve descriptive metadata is ticket, serviio picks up the file, it shows the folder on the tv (via the fetch tv media player), however i cant "click" into the folder to play the file because serviio didnt download the metadata for it. so yeah it would be good if serviio would still allow the file to be played even if it cant retrieve the metadata

this is an example of just one file/folder of many.

https://ibb.co/i6HZcS

https://ibb.co/hG9mrn

https://ibb.co/eeUmrn

ps to rule out the "fetch box" being an issue, i tried this on a 2017 model sony tv and the same issue is still there
<<

zip

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

how do you know it didn't download the matadata? It seems that Serviio is serving the folder correctly (it says there is 1 item), but maybe there is a bug with having both, Videos and Folders as Category only.

I will create a ticket and double check.
<<

Redavenger

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 am

i'm not sure if it didnt download the metadata, however it has something to do with the metadata because if i rename the file to just a name eg "war for the planet of the apes" and remove/add the folder and allow metadata, the folder then can be opened and the file too, and the metadata is available.

And yeah half of my files for example a shown / listed as available in the folder, however those ones which seem to have a issue with metadata can not be opened from the folder.
So my current work around is to currently not have any metadata for all my files.
<<

Redavenger

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 pm

you could be right though, it might have something to do with the folder display and possibly the profile setting for the individual device in the status window.
<<

zip

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:18 pm

I cant reproduce this. Can you tell me the exact file name inside that war for the planet of the apes folder?

Also detailed log of when you're browsing to it would help.

Return to Feature requests